Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Tomlin doesn't name FB

Okobi had a really tough injury to get through, and I'm happy he was able to stay an active member of the NFL after what happened to his neck. I wish him the best of luck, espeically on Pittsburgh West. aka Arizona Cardinals.

I look forward to knocking the Snot out of them on Sept 30th.

I will once again root for Ken, Gus, Chuck and Fitzgerald (GO PITT) on Sept 31st. Its actually refreshing to FINALLY have an NFC team to pull for once in a while.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #12
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I don't understand why it matters who starts at fullback. If the play requirers a better blocker I bet Kreider will be in if it is a running or a recieving situation for the fullback I bet Davis will be in. The start doesn't really mean anything in the big picture the important thing for Kreider and Davis now is to be ready when called upon.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,241 Times in 3,619 Posts

"All that went on" is Tomlin makes you earn your position rather than keep underperforming vets on the team as some sort of lifetime achievement award.

In Okobi's defense it may only sound like he is playing the victim card or maybe his locker is close to Faneca's and he has overheard too many sound bites (although Alan appears to have zipped it since the season started)

In terms of who plays and who does not, no apparent word on whether Reid dresses this week (i guess not) or why Coclough is still on the team.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #14
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Tomlin is coaching his team to win. Not naming a starter at Fullback makes the Bills have to game plan for the potential for both, more work for the Bills. It won't matter who starts, it'll matter who's lined up in what situation. 1st and 10 with Davis in the backfield, most likely we'll be passing right?...or will we? Krieder lined up as full back, well that's an obvious run play right? Or is it?

Great job by Tomlin, keep the other team guessing worrying about the unknown. Keeps our guys competetive in practice, no one is "given" a job on this team. Its earned and that is the spark plug that will move this team through the season into the Playoffs and onto...dare I say, a name change for me to Dino 6 Rings...

Last edited by Dino 6 Rings; 09-12-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Tomlin is coaching his team to win. Nonaming a starter at Fullback makes the Bills have to came plan for the potential for both, more work for the Bills. It won't matter who starts, it'll matter who's lined up in what situation. 1st and 10 with Davis in the backfield, most likely we'll be passing right?...or will we? Krieder lined up as full back, well that's an obvious run play right? Or is it?

Great job by Tomlin, keep the other team guessing worrying about the unknown. Keeps our guys competetive in practice, no one is "given" a job on this team. Its earned and that is the spark plug that will move this team through the season into the Playoffs and onto...dare I say, a name change for me to Dino 6 Rings...
That makes sense... It doesn't tip our hand either way.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:45 AM   #16
KOMMANDO
Water Boy

Member Number: 6912

I agree.. This is great strategy by Tomlin.. Both guys will play ( I think after the clev game they figured out they still need krieder's blocking and not just on goaline situations) so let them both see significant time and who cares who starts.. Play # 2 bring the other guy in the game.
KOMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 AM   #17
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
I will once again root for Ken, Gus, Chuck and Fitzgerald (GO PITT) on Sept 31st. Its actually refreshing to FINALLY have an NFC team to pull for once in a while.
And Sean Morey, Mike Barr, Rodney Bailey, and soon Alan Faneca, that's not even mentioning the Pitt and PSU guys they have.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #18
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;292589]And what exactly "went down" ? Beside you not stepping up to the plate when you were actually healthy and getting beat out by Mahan and Phillips?[/QUOTE

And the fact that this ended this way finally brings closure to the question that I'm guessing most of us were keeping on the back burner because there really weren't smoke and fire - just Jeff Hartings.

But the inevitable departure of Hartings had been dampered by the Steelers seeming nod of approval with rather generous contracts for Okobi.

"Okay Y'ALL know, I sure as hell don't" is all a fan could hang their hat on.

SO ECHO THIS AGAIN!

"Beside you not stepping up to the plate when you were actually healthy and getting beat out by Mahan and Phillips?"

I watched enough of Phillips at Cal and he played tough against a number of players who fill rosters in the NFL. But this is not the answer. So I can only now say with confidence what I think we all suspected in some way is that say Okobi cashed paychecks for a living.

When the Steelers FINALLY called his number he's at the end of the line?

Last edited by Haiku_Dirtt; 09-13-2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: I called Hartings hastings
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote