Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #171
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,199 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Re: NFL To Fine Belichick 500 Grand + Draft Picks

lol. this article is priceless:

PAPER *PATS
BELICHICK HAS FOREVER ADDED AN ASTERISK TO FOOTBALL LEGACY

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152007...aper__pats.htm

Quote:
September 15, 2007 -- THE hoodie now fits better than it ever has for Bill Belichick, who ought to tug that hood over his head in an effort to hide his face in shame, the way the nabbed perps on the TV evening news do while being led from the squad car to the station.

Don't be stunned if this isn't the beginning of a divorce between Belichick and the public-relations conscious Kraft, who has already had issues with the way Belichick portrays himself publicly and the way he cloaks his players from the fans via his stringent media policies.

If you're thinking Kraft might pick up that $500,000 fine Belichick incurred, think again. Belichick has shamed the organization so badly he should pick up the $250,000 fine Kraft has to pay the NFL on behalf of the organization.

Don't be surprised if Kraft has decided this is the last straw and parts ways with Belichick after this season. There will likely be an opening inside of Giants Stadium after this season.

At the end of all this, Belichick, who has been made out to be a fool all week as the development unfolded and he was uncomfortably peppered with questions, has embarrassed himself and everyone around him because his arrogance finally caught up to him.
of course the patriots arent gonna fire 'chick for the same reason the titans or bungles wont fire pac man or henry. however there has been thought that 'chick was gearing up for 1 final run. being that he looks like he has aged 5 years in 1 week, he may decide its time for a hiatus. a relaxing tv job might do him well. it would have to be something dull though. perhaps he can co-host with martha stewart. word has it shes a cheater too.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #172
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Have you lost your mind Nigel????

If the Steelers or any other team had done this, you would be firing the poison darts faster than you could blink your eyes.

Knee jerk reactions? Yeah - we're all sooooo bitter and jealous because we have honorable men coaching our teams and owners who know the meaning of the word "integrity" - not arrogant, self-serving, cheating PRICKS with Napoleon complexes.
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel...take a TO from SF, and regain your respected football opinion here.....because you really have seemed to "lost it"....
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:42 AM   #173
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
No one is jealous of a team or franchise where every single title evokes the same feeling as the Barry Bonds Home Run title.

Goodell chickened out on what he should have done. If he is going to suspend a QB coach in Dallas for 4 games and fine him 1/3 if his salary for personal HGH use, Bellicheck and the Patriots got off easy for violating league rules affecting the competitive balance after being warned. I realize that he was fined the max amount, but the remainder of the punishment is a joke.

But keep lying to yourself...if that makes you feel any better. The rest of the football world looks at all the Patriot titles the same way the Baseball world looks at Bonds.
Sure they are.

Goodell did anythign but chicken out - the fact is most fans wont be happy (but they pretend they are) until those SB titles that form the Dynasty are officially taken away - keep dreaming.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:46 AM   #174
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Have you lost your mind Nigel????

If the Steelers or any other team had done this, you would be firing the poison darts faster than you could blink your eyes.

Knee jerk reactions? Yeah - we're all sooooo bitter and jealous because we have honorable men coaching our teams and owners who know the meaning of the word "integrity" - not arrogant, self-serving, cheating PRICKS with Napoleon complexes.
Have I lost my mind?

No.

I've kept mine while others lose theirs in a desperate bid to erase years of underachievement by scapegoating the Patriots.

Thanks for telling me what I would be doing had the situation been different - that hugely enlightening - you should look into making money out of god given talent like that.

I look at the seething resentment that covers your last paragraph - and realise i've heard it all before - you described Belichick this way before any of the cameragate stuff arose.

To me that says jealousy.

Plain and simple.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #175
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Nigel...

Nope... HTG and others simply show good football sense. We knew that the Patriots weren't good enough to do what they did... We knew the coach wasn't good enough to coach the way he did. 2+2 was equaling 5...

now we know why.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:56 AM   #176
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NV STEELERS 723 View Post
YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nigel...take a TO from SF, and regain your respected football opinion here.....because you really have seemed to "lost it"....
You'll be shocked to hear I don't really care what you think of my 'respected football opinion' much less your thoughts on whether I should continue to post here.

Some of the whiners on here want me 'stop posting' ....others throw a hissy fit and call me a coward when I fail to respond within 5 mins of their latest yawn inducing effort - what a varied little group you are.

Anyway its funny how people only ever want to compliment me on my 'football knowledge' or 'respected footbal opinion',..right before they launch into some type of attack

Anyway, good job with the slightly creepy cheerleading.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:05 AM   #177
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Nigel...

Nope... HTG and others simply show good football sense. We knew that the Patriots weren't good enough to do what they did... We knew the coach wasn't good enough to coach the way he did. 2+2 was equaling 5...

now we know why.
And like I said, im truly happy that you are finding such zen in the happenings of the last few days.

If it makes it all better again, then thats just great for you.

Maybe you can go out and buy some copies of the 3GTG SB series from the 2001,2003 and 2004 season and copy paste some of your favorite cry-baby Steelers players on top of the Patriots players.

Tomlin has a hard act to follow,,,replacing the coach who won 4 Lombardi's (the 1 robbed from the hawks + the 3 the Steelers automatically get from the Patriots).

It must be tough being 'the best'.

Old 09-16-2007, 03:50 AM   #178
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

How dare you bash the Patriots? What is wrong with you people? They are gods reincarnated. So what they got caught red-handed cheating? It doesn't make their three SB's questionable! Not at all! They're allowed to because they're the Patriots! You're all jealous!
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:14 AM   #179
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Sure they are.

Goodell did anythign but chicken out - the fact is most fans wont be happy (but they pretend they are) until those SB titles that form the Dynasty are officially taken away - keep dreaming.

No, dead wrong. The past cannot be changed but their future success could have been seriously hindered (and deservedly so) with a more harsh punishment.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #180
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

OK, here's the score:

Does the Patriots get caught cheating diminish their success? Yes, IMO. But you can't take away their SB titles. Even if they did cheat to win them, they still won them, and that's that. Sure, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth because they beat the Steelers twice to get there, and I loathe their arrogant ass fans...but success is success.

Should Belichick been suspended? Absolutely, and because he wasn't, it diminishes the severity of Goodell's punishment. He was the brains behind the whole thing - how does he NOT get a suspension? $500K to him and $250K to Kraft (which is a bigger joke - he probably has a quilt made our of that much cash) + the loss of a 1st round pick (which means nothing since they'll still have one) amounts to a slap on the wrist. If it were Mike Tomlin or any other HC, he would have been suspended and heavier fines handed out.

LITP, you're just going to have to live with the fact that many opposing fans see your team as a fraud, as unreasonable as it sounds. You can call it whatever you want - sour grapes, hatred...but it is what it is. I hate the Pats, but I still respected them and their success. In my mind, it's now tainted, and everything they've ever won is now questionable. How can it not be in light of this scandal?