Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
steelershotline
Water Boy

Member Number: 6
Default Steelers Fans

I thought we Steelers fans were all one big family. Apparently not. I have my own Steelers web site, just like this fine one and yet, someone named Jeff (piratepnc@hotmail.com) decided to trash me and my site and mention this one with the following:

I have NEVER seen your site featured anywhere and in my visits to the NFL Hall of Fame as well as doing a search of their web site for you I have not found a single mention of you anywhere. BTW, if you only get a paltry 100 hits a day to your web site, which today was the first time I've ever seen it in comparison to countless others of much better quality, and McMillen and Wife's is so busy you have trouble browsing pages (which I never have had trouble), then how can you claim to be the #1 Steelers fan based web site on the web when McMillen's gets so many more hits and is much better known (and yes, they have been featured in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and ESPN as well). If you were featured, as you claim, on these shows then why do you receive so little hits per day?? Seems to me that if you were featured on these shows you would be getting thousands of hits per day. BTW, my Pittsburgh Sports site, which isn't even finished, far from it to be honest, gets around 75 hits per day on it's own. And I don't even have a Domain name, I'm using a free sub domain. Oh, and BTW, since you mentioned it, I went ahead and asked around the office 2 questions. The first "What is your favorite Steelers based fan site on the web?" mentioning neither you or them. The majority said McMillen and Wife, Steeler Gridiron was second, then a few others but none mentioned you. So then since I knew they already knew McMillen and Wife I asked "Do you know who Mr Steeler is?". To a person they simply said "Who?? As far as I am concerned, I am Mr Steeler." Or in some cases "Ms Steeler". No one knows who you are buddy. Finally, yes I will stay away from your site. It offers little information, a lousy format, and is pretty much in comparison to other Steelers fan sites......GARBAGE!!

knew right from the get go that your NFL Hall of Fame claim was BS. First of all, there is no NFL Hall of Fame. It's the Professional Football Hall of Fame. Anyone inducted into the Hall of Fame or featured in the Hallf of Fame would know this. You didn't. So I did searches in the Professional Football Hall of Fame web site and came up with a big "0" with your name and the term "Mr Steeler". Hmmmm......No information available on the Hall of Fames web site. So I sent a message to the Professional Football Hall of Fame inquiring as to the presence of "Mr Steeler". Their response: "Mr Leirport. Thank you for your inquiry to the Professional Football Hall of Fame in regards to Mr Steeler. Unfortunately, we have no record of a Mr Steeler within the walls of the Hall of Fame. Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance." Busted!!!! I knew my BS detector went off for a reason.

They should revoke your rights to the Domain name Steelers Hotline and award it to Steelers Fever. This site by far exceeds your little pitter patter. Your site is embarrassing to Steelers Country!!!! Please take it down and don't embarrass true Steelers fans, or yourself anymore!!

How sad.

Harvey "Mr. Steeler" Aronson
www.steelershotline.com
steelershotline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Steelers Fans

hmmmmm.........and the point of this is???????????????????????????????????? oh and not to be an ass but i clicked your link and i might have to agree with that dude sayin it's garbage sorry mayne
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Harvey,

How are you my friend. Glenn here from Ohio Steelers . Com Havent heard from you in awhile. I visited your site a number of times. You have a great site. Don`t hold one bad apple against us all. There are some great fans here. And to me there is NO bad Steelers site. I keep in touch with many of the site owners, through my fan club. You are " Mr.Steelers Fan" There is no doubt about that. I beleive you won a contest or something like that, and I noticed the other teams number one fans also. Like Big Fat Dawg from Cleveland. I know you have a plaque and everything . I beleive the contest was sponsored by the NFL. I read the article.

To everyone here not familar with Mr. Steeler Harvey now resides in the Jacksonville Fla. area,retired, is that right Harvey. And I had an invite from him to join his club for a draft day party at a hotel. He like alot of fans is a Die Hard. Please respect him. There really is know reason to trash him. Besides he has a link to my site on his.

Nice to have yoiu Harvey. Why dont you join us.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
steelershotline
Water Boy

Smile Re: Steelers Fans

Glenn:

Sorry I have not been in touch. Visa actually sponsored that award and they stopped running it 2004. Yes, Big Dawg was a winner although he is now more like "little Dawg" after losing over 200 pounds off his frame to save his life. He is doing great and he and I remain friends.

I guess you will have bad apples everywhere, and everyone is entitled to their opinions. When I was inducted into the Hall of Fame, part of my speech was that I was there to represent ALL Steelers fans and that I was in no way the #1 fan. We all are.

I have no idea what prompted this guy to attack me, but I say whatever. I hardly ever have time to post messages on boards, but feel free to stay in touch with me Glenn by email (steelershotline@comcast.net).

Thanks for the support! It means a lot.

Mr. Steeler
Old 09-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I cant bash any webpage that makes me laugh as much as the following article - how conceited...double helpings of humble pie Mr. Steeler.

Props to the unintentional nostradamus impression though - the falling of Willie - not the falling of the Patriots.

"In contrast, the Patriots are falling out of the ranks of the NFL?s elite teams ? and they are falling faster than Willie"

http://www.steelershotline.com/reflection.html

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

smh @ this dude always catching feelings when he sees something bad about the patroits, dude he's a steelers fan what do you want him to say? why do you always act surprised when a steelers fan talks down on the pats?
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:13 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
smh @ this dude always catching feelings when he sees something bad about the patroits, dude he's a steelers fan what do you want him to say? why do you always act surprised when a steelers fan talks down on the pats?

How do you come to the conclusion that I am surprised?

I have to say though - it seems a lot of posters of thse types of articles dont fancy their chances of beating a Patriots team that is in its full stride - always some sort of reference to 'the end of an era' ....'weaker than last year' etc etc

So to sum up - I am NOT SURPRISED - what I am doing is laughing at him and his attempts at journalism - and also how wrong he was.

Why you so surprised that Im finding this article amusing?

Thanks

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I frequented your site many times last year as well. Steelers sites rock no matter how big or small!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:44 AM   #9
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

Unfortunately, many younger people will look at a web site and if it's not as slick as ESPN or at least using some relatively new software, such as a message board, they're going to assume it's no good.

Now, while I haven't had time to check out your site too much, I will say, from a first appearances standpoint, it's not a great design and sadly, it looks like it hasn't been updated since you put it up, which, I'm guessing was mid-to-late 90's.

Now hey, you might be the #1 fan, heck, I have no idea who keeps track of some things, but in terms of websites, yours is simply outdated. It could potentially be a great site if you put some time into the design/content.

Just trying to offer a little constructive criticism. I manage the website for a large academic library, so I have a little bit of experience in this kinda thing.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #10
steelershotline
Water Boy

Tim:

First of all, I get up each and EVERY morning and update the site as I write a daily cover story.

When I created the site, I was not seeking to win any awards for its design. My readers do not come to my site looking for flash, pomp, or circumstance. They come to find out my opinions on the Steelers, and perhaps to take part in a simple poll, quiz, or a tough question regarding the team.

If I were to be looking to win some kind of design awards then I would have had a professional create the site. The fact that my site has been mentioned in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette as a site of the week at one time, and that several professional football players have viewed it and reacted positively is enough assurance for me that I must be doing something right.

No matter what you do in life, there will always be a critic. You may be correct in saying the site is not cosmetically one of the finest out there and that is your right to say so.

As for the #1 thing, for one year anway in 2001, Visa the charge card company, presented me with their Visa Hall of Fans Award for that year and placed my name and a plaque with my picture declaring me as such in the Hall of Fame. I beat out thousands of other Steelers fans so at least for one year I was able to say I was in fact the number one fan in their eyes anyway.

However, the bottom line is that as a true Pittsburgh Steelers fan, I'd rather say that I represent all of our fans because to me, Steelers fans are the greatest anywhere, and no matter where you go, when you meet up with a Steelers fan, he or she is like part of a big family.