Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
SuckItUp
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3673
Default I Got Matt Shaub!!

Yeah baby...I was able to get Matt Shaub in the first round! I really didn't think he'd fall all the way to me at the 7th pick. Anyways...because Matt can't do it all on his own, this is who I drafted around him. Tell me what you think. Our league rewards receptions with 1 point.

Q.B. Matt Shaub
Q.B. J.P. Lossman
Q.B. Dante Cullpepper

R.B. Sean Alexander
R.B. Brian Westbrook
R.B. Adrian Peterson

W.R. Marvin Harrison
W.R. Lary Fitzgerald
W.R. Bernard Berian
W.R. Calvin Johnson
W.R. Wes Welker
W.R. Anthony Gonzalez

T.E. Vernon Davis
T.E. Heath Miller

P.K. Neil Rackers

D Bears
SuckItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: I Got Matt Shaub!!

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but you took Shaub 7 overall?? Dude, I can't even stand to explain that, maybe you got a different kind of league, cause I see you got Sean Alexander too and that must've been in the 2nd round right?
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but you took Shaub 7 overall?? Dude, I can't even stand to explain that, maybe you got a different kind of league, cause I see you got Sean Alexander too and that must've been in the 2nd round right?
Lol I know too...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #4
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

I don't think he was serious.

Nice team.

Westbrook is studly in PPR leagues. How many RBs do you start each week? If it is two and a flex you may have some issues if an injury arises, being a little shallow at RB.

I come from the same drafting school as you. You don't need a top 5 (or even top 10) QB to win.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
SuckItUp
Draft Prospect

Thanks Crush....I didn't really think anyone was going to take that whole Matt Shaub thing seriously...but oh well. Anyhow, yeah we do start 2 r.b.s a week but because we have a slash position that allows for a wide reciever or a running back, and because all the r.b.'s that catch the ball frequently were gone by the end of the second round, than I just decided to stack the reciever position.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:27 AM   #6
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

I have Schaub sitting on the bench as backup on several of my teams. I think he'll be pretty decent this year, but I'm gonna wait a bit to find out.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I had someone snatch him up in the first round in one of my leagues. He seriously thinks MS will be the best QB in football this year.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
Newzfoxjr
Starter

Member Number: 4116

I'm taking a chance on him, since it's my first fantasy league I thought I'd try some stuff, so eh. O_o

There's no effing way I'm starting him until week 2 or 3 though, and that's just when I'll think about it. I have Tony Romo starting right now.
Newzfoxjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #9
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckItUp View Post
Thanks Crush....I didn't really think anyone was going to take that whole Matt Shaub thing seriously...but oh well. Anyhow, yeah we do start 2 r.b.s a week but because we have a slash position that allows for a wide reciever or a running back, and because all the r.b.'s that catch the ball frequently were gone by the end of the second round, than I just decided to stack the reciever position.
I'm assuming Adrian Peterson is the Adrian Peterson from the Viks and not the Bears.

If it is the one from the Bears you are going to want to sit on FA HARD. Its always crucial to do so anyway, but you'll be set if you snag one or two guys who rise up out of nowhere and show consistency.

Don't be afraid to take a chance on someone who has a good first week. Its not going to kill you to have them sit on the bench a week or two while they prove their consistency.

Colston last year had something like 3 catches for under 50 yards and a TD in week one, but was worth a grab for a lack of better options at WR for the Saints and because of his size. Later he exploded (and was listed at WR/TE in Yahoo leagues- MONEY!). I'm not saying every guy who has a decent week one out of nowhere is going to be the next Colston, but they may prove to be a reliable option in that flex role, especially when one of your backs are on a bye week.

If you see a wideout with good size and decent first week numbers grab him, unless you are in a league that had guys on waivers right after a week of games. You shouldn't waste that precious waiver on a "project" player.

You can afford to drop a QB though to open some roster space for some big potential guys.

I also see you have Rackers and Chicago's D. I hate to assume (we all know the rule about assuming) but I'm going to assume you reached for these two, just by what I've seen in the draft rooms this year.

To be honest you don't need to take these guys in the 7-8th round (if you in fact did). There are always decent options at kicker and defense later in the draft.

Instead of taking a defense and kicker after you've filled your starter options at other positions you can beef up with big potential talent at RB (Tatum Bell, Jerious Norwood, Warrick Dunn, Julius Jones).

Once again, I'm just assuming and if I'm dead wrong then I will step off my soapbox now...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM   #10
SuckItUp
Draft Prospect

Got my first win of the year!! I dedicate this win to Matt Shaub!

Incidentally, I did start Adrian Peterson (the vikings variety) in my w/r position today as an experiment and didn't fair too badly. I'll be tempted to start Wes Welker in his place if Chester T comes back healthy.

The only player on my team that absolutely sucked rocks today was J.P. Lossman. I mean all kinds of rocks...just sucked them dry! If I didn't have to start 2 q.b.s each week I would obviously clear that waisted roster spot.

Anyhow I already won week 1 because I've outscored my opponent and he played all his guys today. I still have 3 to play tomorrow.

How'd you do?