Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5784
Default Can start 2 of these 4 RBs...

I have LJ, Marion Barber, DeShaun Foster, and just picked up Michael Pittman from waivers. I'm getting so many conflicting opinions from the experts that I don't know who I should start. I've heard do and don't for all four of them for various reasons.
I think I'm leaning toward Barber against Miami for one, but I'm actually seriously considering benching LJ against the Bears this week in favor of Pittman against the Saints. I'm pretty sure I won't go with Foster against Texans cuz it seems their run D isn't bad, plus Foster's sharing carries. I know Barber is sharing too, but he seems to be the goal line back and probably get a TD or so. Cadillac is probably down and if not may be affected by the injury, so I'm told Pittman will get a lot of touches.
Any help? Insights?
Thx
Kaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts
Default Re: Can start 2 of these 4 RBs...

i'd go with barber and foster. foster had respectable #'s last week 17-94 yds. ( about 5yds a carry) as long as he puts up those numbers,he should remain the feature back.i'd steer clear of pittman this week against N.O.. look for brees and company to come back with a vengance. if tampa falls behind early there gonna have to abandon the run. don't look for LJ to put up the numbers this week. if LT couldn't run on chicago, neither will LJ behind a much worse line.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,618 Posts

carolinas record is 20-2 when foster gets more than 15 carries. i think its a recipe they will continue to use as long as he is healthy.

lj has a tough match up. i assume he is your 1st pick. when in doubt you almost gotta go with your #1, after all most people dont draft a player in the 1st round only to bench him in the 2nd week.

doesnt mean he wont get stuffed against a good bears defense though. all backs who had no carries in pre season sucked last week and are expected to rebound. take that in consideration when making your decision.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

I've been doing a lot more reading up (Till my mind is numb.) and I'm starting to see the Foster logic. I'm not sure yet, but I may be leaning that way. I know I'll be P.O.ed if I have LJ in and he gets stuffed. I'm starting to think that's what will happen.
Thx for the input :)

Oh, and yes, T.H., LJ was my 1st pick. But I'm not above benching him for a week if I feel I have to. I'll either be a genius or an idiot by tomorrow night! LOL
Old 09-16-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeg View Post
I'll either be a genius or an idiot by tomorrow night! LOL
That about sums up fantasy football.

A lot of the "experts" have been calling for owners to pick up Pittman this week against the Saints, but I almost feel that this advice is for those in deep leagues where quality FAs are at a premium. This may e the case in you league, but you've got talent on the roster already.

It really is a toss up. At this point in the season you are probably just as well of flipping a coin between Barber and Foster.

If you want to go with match-up take Barber. Miami was 27th last week in yards allowed to Washington. Houston, on the other hand, was 9th, shutting down L.J. Like I said, at this point of the season, its such a toss-up. Are the stats a reflection of the defense, the offensive line, or the gameplan?

If you want to go stats take Foster. Both are platoon backfield Foster had 17 carries to Williams 15 for 94:62. Barber had 11 to Jones 16, but had only one less yard and a TD.

Let me flip for you...

Start Barber, apparently.

As far as L.J. goes... I just don't see how you can bench Larry Johnson, but if you aren't above it start Barber, start Foster, take the coin you used to flip and call someone who is more decisive than me.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #6
degoman22
Water Boy

Member Number: 7018

tough choice
degoman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Well, I started Barber and Foster. Barber worked out well as you may know. Foster, well, didn't. But LJ didn't do much better anyway. What's with LJ and these tough early match-ups though? Now he has Minnesota for week 3. I don't think I can possibly bench him this time though. Hehe