Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #11
geo111
Water Boy
Supporter

Member Number: 1733
Default Re: Relevant point about Patriots cheating

As much as I would like to see the Patriots image tarnished forever, I do not think its going to happen. I think that the NFL wants to get this over as soon as possible.

I listen to the NFL channel on Sirius a lot. and since the cheating came out, it seems that the (unofficial) theme has been that every team tries to figure out their opponents play calling system. It is almost like they want to lessen the impact of Belichicks actions.

On Friday, during the Afternoon Blitz, Jim Miller said that after the Steelers let him go, Jack Del Rio got him to teach the Jaguars about the Steelers system.

According to Miller, he was so successfull, that after the Jags beat the Steelers, he was awarded the game ball.
geo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo111 View Post
As much as I would like to see the Patriots image tarnished forever, I do not think its going to happen. I think that the NFL wants to get this over as soon as possible.

I listen to the NFL channel on Sirius a lot. and since the cheating came out, it seems that the (unofficial) theme has been that every team tries to figure out their opponents play calling system. It is almost like they want to lessen the impact of Belichicks actions.

On Friday, during the Afternoon Blitz, Jim Miller said that after the Steelers let him go, Jack Del Rio got him to teach the Jaguars about the Steelers system.

According to Miller, he was so successfull, that after the Jags beat the Steelers, he was awarded the game ball.
But that happens all the time and is completely understandable. If you can get a turncoat on board who knows the system (cough cough Brian St. Pierre) it makes the oppositions job a lot easier, but that is NOT cheating. Cheating is videotaping and systematically cataloging your opponents plays, and possibly even stealing their playbooks.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:51 PM   #13
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

The one arguement that I have heard about all this is that it is partly the other teams fault for not changing their signals. I thought about this for awhile I know that when it comes to signs in baseball it is fairly easy to change your signs. One game the bunt sign could be changed to what was the take sign the game before, you probably get my point here but with football signs I would think it would be alot harder. There are so many different plays that get called that I'm not sure if it is even possible for the guys to learn different signs for each game. I have been trying to get a hold of a friend of mine that used to play football in college but wasn't able to yet so if anyone could awnser this for me I would like to hear from you.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

More shit may be hitting the fan....

DESPITE BIG WIN, CHEATING SCANDAL PERSISTS

The New England Patriots throttled the Chargers on Sunday night, beating San Diego by the same 38-14 score that the Pats posted against the Jets.

And the final score of the Jets game isn't the only thing still lingering in New England.

Even though the Patriots spanked L.T. and company on national television, there continues to be a strong amount of momentum building behind ongoing allegations of past efforts to cheat.

On Sunday, it was reported by multiple outlets that Commissioner Roger Goodell has made a sweeping request for notes, videotapes, and files dating back to 2000, coach Bill Belichick's first season with the team. Appearing exclusively on NBC, Goodell confirmed that the request has been made, and he made it clear that any funny business in the effort to comply with his request will be met with further sanctions. (Obviously, any further evidence of cheating will be met with further sanctions, too.)

The broader question is whether further evidence of cheating will be found, either through the Commissioner's investigation or as a result of the burgeoning (thanks, Tiki) media feeding frenzy. Regardless of whether the league's official investigation includes interviews of current and former employees, it's a safe bet that many folks in the media are working hard to be the one to push this story forward -- especially after Jay Glazer of FOX got his mitts on the video that was confiscated from the Week One game at the Meadowlands. (For those of you who missed it, here it is.)

And there's plenty of fodder for further investigation. On Sunday, Jerome Bettis of NBC suggested that cheating fueled the Pats' 2004 AFC title game win at Pittsburgh. (On CBS, former Steelers coach Bill Cowher denied that cheating affected either of the team's title-game losses to New England.) Chris Mortensen of ESPN reported that Belichick has a detailed library of information on every head coach and coordinator, which could be the result of both proper and improper activities. Andrea Kremer of NBC explained that the question of additional radio frequencies relates to the suspected use of microphones on defensive linemen. Tim Brown of FOX alleged that microphones were used during the 2001 divisional playoff game between the Raiders and the Patriots. Charley Casserly of CBS spoke of Patriots employees searching locker rooms after the opposing team had headed to the field, finding things such as the initial offensive plays drawn on a chalkboard.

Chances are that somewhere, somehow someone is going to blow the lid off of one or more of these accusations with conclusive proof. There's simply too much smoke to believe that there isn't additional fire. The issue is when and if someone who was directly involved in one or more of these activities will talk about it on the record.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Sure, and why not? If you can get away with A, why not B and C and D and who knows what else?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #16
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

It just keeps coming and coming. Despite the teams success on the field I don't think this scandal is going to go away for a long, long time. If ever.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,085 Times in 3,194 Posts

I would bring every Pats defensive player who took the field last week in, ask them if they were miked, and tell them if the league ever finds out they are not being truthful that it will not be pleasant.

Of course this is why you execute search warrants rather than serve subpoenas in criminal investigations - those audio recordings and the computers on which the audio files were stored (did anyone catch the photos of the defense at the snap coming out of that printer on the sidelines last night? - some serious technology being used here) have been wiped clean and are buried in a landfill..
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,969 Times in 3,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
The one arguement that I have heard about all this is that it is partly the other teams fault for not changing their signals.
the old "blame the rape victim, for wearing too short of a skirt" argument, huh?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Well I heard today on the radio, or was it yesterday? They said that receivers in the helmet of the defensive will be the priority next year at the owners meeting. That is only failed by two votes this year. So what is stopping a billacheat from getting a scanner and stealling the radio signal calls? Maybe if they were scrambled but then how big would the scrambler have to be and with Krafts money why couldn't they also get a descrambler?

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The NFL may want to sweep this under rug as quickly as possible but the fans outside of the snug NE market will now look at the coach and the players as cheats. And I think it's great - the so called genius gets caught cheating and now he's so afraid to answer a damn question. He's turned into a sleeveless hoodie wearing punk and his team is no better.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote