Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Relevant point about Patriots cheating

I know, there are a lot of topics talking about this right now but this is a little different. I have a pretty dang good theory about something and felt the need to make it heard.

If the Patriots really have been doing this for a while as all the accusations point out, the affect of them no longer being able to get away with it will be evident in future years, not so much this current season.

Why? Simple, the team still has the data and info they brought in while doing this. Now supposedly the whole 'library' that the team had on every other club has been confiscated. But in the case that they were copied or some things are easy to remember, New England could still greatly benefit from it this year.

The thing to really watch for is how the team performs next season. If they struggle or tank, it doesn't confirm, but makes a strong case towards the idea that they did in fact do this very often during their current success.

That point, which I have just presented, has gone unnoticed. I really think that this will be the case and define how this all happened. Either way, the team?s legacy is forever tarnished. Thoughts?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
coldking
Water Boy

Member Number: 5351
Default Re: Relevant point about Patriots cheating

I agree 100%, I was thinking about this all week and waiting for the media to look at that way. I never did here them say it though
coldking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
ShutDown24
Team President

Yeah, that really surprises me that not many people have thought of this yet. I would expect, assuming the Pats win tonight, that this will become a popular opinion this week.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

While teams change... they don't change that much every year.

the key would be to watch them against teams like us and others that HAVE changed their schemes.

then, in a couple of years, to watch them.

However, here is the other thing, they have capitalized on their success, and brought in a very decent receiver corp.

it is true, Brady still had to go out and play, still had to make the passes. So he is still good. But who is to say the cheating didn't give him the confidence he needed, which other QB's didn't have. If you always know what is coming... it is hard to get into a slump.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
While teams change... they don't change that much every year.

the key would be to watch them against teams like us and others that HAVE changed their schemes.

then, in a couple of years, to watch them.

However, here is the other thing, they have capitalized on their success, and brought in a very decent receiver corp.

it is true, Brady still had to go out and play, still had to make the passes. So he is still good. But who is to say the cheating didn't give him the confidence he needed, which other QB's didn't have. If you always know what is coming... it is hard to get into a slump.
The whole thing about the "He still had to execute" argument is this. No joke, if I knew a defense was running cover 2 - man under I could lead a team down the field. Truth being told, anyone with just a little bit of an arm could. So yes, he still had to execute and perform but how hard was/is that really? Not very.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Sounds like a good theory. You know what really bugs me about the whole incident is that when Kraft was asked questions, he never gave a direct answer. I mean if anything, just man up to the fact and be done with it - BUT I feel he hid behind it and wasn't very forth coming with answers to the questions he was given tonight on CBS!

He's just as bad as the coach - a punk with no desire to be honest!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Sounds like a good theory. You know what really bugs me about the whole incident is that when Kraft was asked questions, he never gave a direct answer. I mean if anything, just man up to the fact and be done with it - BUT I feel he hid behind it and wasn't very forth coming with answers to the questions he was given tonight on CBS!

He's just as bad as the coach - a punk with no desire to be honest!!!
i dont trust anything he has to say. your telling me that the owner of a mega million dollar organization had no idea who was on the sidelines of his team and no idea of what schemes the coach was up to? over the 7 or so years, he never once got a small hint of all the radio frequency crap, patriots personnel going into the visiting teams locker rooms or video taping shit... all going on under his payroll?
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

GREAT POINT
Old 09-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #9
Steelerstrength
Starter

Member Number: 3283

When will they finally turn over all materials, when they claim ignorance to exactly what the definitions are? F'in cheatin' bitches! The NFL should arrive at Foxboro and monitor the process of turning over materials. This appears to be all voluntary, and that's just wrong! Are they worried about the image of the NFL? Of course. But the word is out, so please follow through with the utmost integrity. Do not let them slide, just to continue the same behavior. This may never see the true game played, by the existing rules. Enforcement is the key.

As a side note, in legal plea bargains, such as Vick, the guilty parties are forced to make a public apology and describe exactly what they knowingly did wrong. In all interviews, BB avoids the issue and says,"let's move on." I want to hear him describe what he did, and how he knowingly, and purposely, broke the rules of our treasured game.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #10
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerstrength View Post
When will they finally turn over all materials, when they claim ignorance to exactly what the definitions are? F'in cheatin' bitches! The NFL should arrive at Foxboro and monitor the process of turning over materials. This appears to be all voluntary, and that's just wrong! Are they worried about the image of the NFL? Of course. But the word is out, so please follow through with the utmost integrity. Do not let them slide, just to continue the same behavior. This may never see the true game played, by the existing rules. Enforcement is the key.

As a side note, in legal plea bargains, such as Vick, the guilty parties are forced to make a public apology and describe exactly what they knowingly did wrong. In all interviews, BB avoids the issue and says,"let's move on." I want to hear him describe what he did, and how he knowingly, and purposely, broke the rules of our treasured game.
BB was a coward in front of the media, just as he has always been during tough times. He tries to make the media feel inferior in his presence, which doesn't bode well with me at all. Kraft hid behind Belicheat and Belicheat hid behind the Chargers.