Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #11
duma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5730
Default Re: Steelers in Power rankings

While they are unimportant, I do like seeing other people think this team is great. It also provides me with more proof of better teams when I have to argue with the band wagon Bengal fans who don't know any better.
duma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
I dont care for the "no respect" motivation. I want the attitude that they are they best and belong in the top of the rankings.
I personally do not bother with power rankings, but I agree with your opinion. I always felt the "no respect card" was overrated. The "no respect card" did not help us in the 25 years leading up to XL. If the "experts" at ESPN, SI, etc. etc. have us ranked in the top five, great. If they didn't, oh well.

All that matters to me is what they do on Sunday's. If our team needs negative power rankings or negative "expert" opinions to get them ready for Sunday's, we are in trouble.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-19-2007 at 07:56 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

i was listening to late hits on sirius nfl channel and one of the guys said that its the steelers division to lose and the other guy was like you cant just count out the bengals and ravens. then he went on to say that the bengals defense doesnt show up and the ravens got beat by the bengals.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Personally, I'm not counting anybody out in this division (maybe the Browns). I'm not comfortable playing the Bengals or Ravens. That's not to say I think we won't win, but I wouldn't take either of those two teams lightly. I don't think you ever want to take a divisional team lightly or "count them out".

Then again, who knows what could happen from now until October 28? Ben could go down with an injury. Marvel Smith could go down with an injury. Willie Parker could go down with an injury. I'm not counting any of the teams in our division out. Hate to state the obvious, but this season is two games old. Many things can change from week to week.

The guy talking on sirius can get back to me in week 15. If things are looking like they are right now, I will join him and put on the black and gold sunglasses. Until then, it's waaaaay tooooo early to count anybody out (except for your obvious teams).

Just my two cents.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-19-2007 at 08:04 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:06 AM   #15
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Personally, I'm not counting anybody out in this division (maybe the Browns). I'm not comfortable playing the Bengals or Ravens. That's not to say I think we won't win, but I wouldn't take either of those two teams lightly. I don't think you ever want to take a divisional foe lightly or "count them out".

Then again, who knows what could happen from now until October 28? Ben could go down with an injury. Marvel Smith could go down with an injury. Willie Parker could go down with an injury. I'm not counting any of the teams in our division out. Hate to state the obvious, but this season is two games old. Many things can change from week to week.

The guy talking on sirius can get back to me in week 15. If things are looking like they are right now, I will join him and put on the black and gold sunglasses. Until then, it's waaaaay tooooo early to count anybody out (except for your obvious teams).

Just my two cents.
its only week 2 and it seems like everyone is crowning a division winner already. i dont think they took into consideration injuries. i do think we are the better team right now, but we havent had to play a tough opponent yet either (like the ravens or bengals) . i do like what i see on offense and defense, and if we can keep it up maybe we will win the division or superbowl.. but right now i am only looking forward to the 49ers game.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Since these same arbitrary Power rankings had the Eagles and the Saints rated just as high a week ago........
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote