Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #21
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Brady Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
why wont the colts beat the pats? because of the past? why does everyone owe you an answer? if i knew the outcome of every game i would have a suite in a highrise in vegas but this is what the colts have going for them: a defense, a strong running game, one of the leagues best passers in years, experience and solidity. current weaknesses of the pats that give the colts a shot: no bruschi, johnson, law, harrison etc. running game isnt as strong as last year. all pressure is on the pats. overconfidence based on the past???? now im not saying this is a guaranteed win for the colts but by no means is it a bye week for the patriots just because what has happened in the past. cant someone make a prediction on gut feeling without being in debt to you with an answer why? get over yourself.
damn if i would've saw this post i wouldn't have started a thread in the blast furnace explaining myself, i would've just co-signed everything you said there
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:49 PM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
by the way living... i like how my take on what the colts might have going for thim was spun into me being "irate". good job. it was just some simple fb analysis that i already contend isnt gospel. no need to be so defensive. i havent called you any names or been abusive in any way. pretty much just trying to talk football with the fan of a rival team. you seem to have thick skin. hang in there. im sure you can shake off any abusive posts directed against you.
Well Tony,

I appreciate your effort to give me a few reasons on why you think the Colts will win, that was what I was after in the first place.

The Pats, Colts and Steelers will contend for the AFC title this year so it makes sense we have some posts on the various match-ups within the 3 teams.

You think the Colts D is for real this year?

Maybe Simon can help shore up the run D for them and Freeney is having a great season already.

Personally, i thinkl we will find out over the next few weeks that the Colts D is a fraud - but they seem to have an advantage on H.F.A due to their weak schedule.

Its quite a strange start for the Colts Offense though - no blow-outs against some weak opposition and Manning has been almost totally reliant on the Edge to put the points on the board.

Seems that teams have adopted the Patriots mode of defense by dropping alot of people into coverage and making Manning pass over or through the DB's.

I also think we have now succesfully 'got into mannings head' in a big way - I have never seen him wracked with so much self doubt as in last years playoff game - he was scared to make a mistake and ended up freezing.

Anyway im sure we are in for some huge match ups this year - I think i would probably prefer the Colts over the Steelers - you have actually managed to beat us.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 10-01-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:09 PM   #23
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
why wont the colts beat the pats? because of the past? why does everyone owe you an answer? if i knew the outcome of every game i would have a suite in a highrise in vegas but this is what the colts have going for them: a defense, a strong running game, one of the leagues best passers in years, experience and solidity. current weaknesses of the pats that give the colts a shot: no bruschi, johnson, law, harrison etc. running game isnt as strong as last year. all pressure is on the pats. overconfidence based on the past???? now im not saying this is a guaranteed win for the colts but by no means is it a bye week for the patriots just because what has happened in the past. cant someone make a prediction on gut feeling without being in debt to you with an answer why? get over yourself.
A 5 star response if I ever saw one. See in every one of living's posts you will see one constant. As I said before he will either be spewing off at the mouth of how great his team is, or he will try to impress us all with his infinite wisdom.

Calling out koopa prodding him to answer, livingwithmommie is gonna show us that he has a top shelf IQ!

Steeler posters actually like to talk about Steeler football without being challenged every other post on every little comment that they type.

And to say the colts D is a fraud. I guess Jacksonville's offense is a joke too right? They shut them down, and with some offseason additions are clearly a improved team defensively. Even if this patriot fan is in denial can't come to terms that there actually might be another team out there as good as theirs.

I can't wait for your reaction towards the end of the year when you realize that your team isn't capable of going all the way. I am sure you will blame the injuries then.

I haven't seen one Steeler poster that is overjoyed with your 'debates". Maybe it's because they see you for the picture you clearly paint of yourself.

A boy desperate to always prove his or his team's greatness.

It's ok livingwithmommie as Koopa might say, we got they dilli yo on you mayne.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,041 Times in 3,058 Posts

"You think the Colts D is for real this year?"

i have to. their record and points allowed speaks for itself. many said the steelers were a fluke last year heading into the games with pats and eagles based on their "weak opponents" i think the strength of schedule is overrated, especially in a league where any team can beat anyone on any given week. (see the dolphins and 49ers in week 1 and titans in week 2)

are they as good as their record and p.a. would suggest? probably not but to call them a fluke is a little extreme. i give tony dungy a little more credit than that. he knows what his teams weaknesses are and has done quite a bit in recent drafts and working within the salary cap to fix it. i would say he knows defense more than brian billick (the genius) knows offense. will they have a tuff road ahead? yes. but so do the steelers, pats, chargers, etc. anyone who makes it to the superbowl for the afc is gonna have to dogfight their way through and i dont think their really is an easy schedule. that frame of thought is what has bitten the almighty ravens in the ass so far. i will agree that the pats made manning look like roethlisberger in the playoffs but they have only faced eachother in the playoffs twice. farve went through the same things with the cowboys before he broke through.

edge running the ball and being the scoring threat is a good thing and that d has alot of upside when the offense starts putting up some more points. the patriots better approach any games they face with this team like the steelers will. steelers dont have no history with the colts and you can bet that cowher will instill the fear of losing into his players. the colts will not be overlooked on our side. i think if the pats rest on their laurels and what has happened in the past they could be in for a rude awakenning. every game is a mindset, and executing what has been prepared to do. the afc is definitely providing alot of playoff calibur games for us to watch this season.

going into this year i figured there were 3 people the pats couldnt afford to lose. brady, dillon and harrison. just like the colts cant afford to lose manning. i still think the steelers are one of the deepest teams in the nfl (although i have had my fill of maddox). who gets beat up the most could dictate whether a team like the bengals can ruin everyones aspirations.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:28 AM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Just to add to this colts thing..if there ever was a year that colts could reasonably do it, beat the pats, it could be this year,..their defense is worlds ahead of where they were last year..they are still vulnerable in the secondary though, so we'll see.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:37 AM   #26
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Soon all threads will be moved to the Blast Furnace.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:43 AM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I thought it might be fairly safe to have a discussion on one of our mutual rivals - the Colts.

But then I got chewed out for that aswell - another example of my arrogance no doubt.

Im going try and keep the talk football related from now on - the last couple of days havent done anybody any favors, ill hold my hand up to my part in it even though I think my initial point was valid.

What are your thoughts on the Colts this year Cleve, and their reversal of fortunes for their 'O' and 'D'?

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 10-02-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:09 AM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Maybe its just me. But I am not as impressed with thier defense as everyone else is. I think that they have improved. But have yet to be really tested. I may be wrong.

Now thier offense is a different story. I watched them a little during the brownie game last week. Thier play calling was terrible. manning with 3rd and goal from the 8, and Thee almighty Manning calls a run play???? I`m not sure where thier plays are called from, Manning, the sidelines, or upstairs. But they are definitley not in sync. Or maybe its just a Tony Dungy curse, he can`t have both a great offense, and defense? I wouldn`t be a bit surprised to here that Manning has some type of injury.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #29
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
I thought it might be fairly safe to have a discussion on one of our mutual rivals - the Colts.

But then I got chewed out for that aswell - another example of my arrogance no doubt.
Said the pot to the kettle. Crying like a b!tch nice.

Quote:
Im going try and keep the talk football related from now on - the last couple of days havent done anybody any favors, ill hold my hand up to my part in it even though I think my initial point was valid.
You think every opinion is valid, get overyourself.

And hold that hand up high, and as far as your word goes you might as well whipe your a$$ with it. Because in no time you will be your regular arrogant know it all self. We shall see.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 PM   #30
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey KK,

Im pretty sure you have posted this prediction in nearly every thread since the game finished - how come you're so sure the Colts got our number this year?

I'd be interested to hear your analysis of how Peyton is going to overcome the Pats.

Not saying it cant happen, but i'd just like your take on how you think it might come about.

Cheers

NM
I'm not sure if anyone would have an analysis on how the Colts will beat the Pats. I think it's just more of everyone wanting to see the Colts beat the Pats.

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote