Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
NateC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5543
Default Re: NBC Sports: Roethlisberger Emerging as an Elite Quarterback

Ummm.. Big Ben Roethlisberger is Elite Ben can make all the Throws and is Mobile. Yes A bad season but Peyton Manning Has had Bad Seasons. Brady Hasnt but I think we can All Agree Brady is the Best QB in the league. Big Ben is As Good if not better than Carson Palmer Easy... Any other QB's you wanna name Over Big Ben? im thinking about it Hard... and if you say something dumb like Hasselback or Romo im gonna Laugh... Big Ben is Elite. Period. (This is Based on the freaking best Performance by a QB in the Playoffs Since... Freaking Montana. See (2005))

What More Can Ben do?? Win more Super Bowls? Ok Fine lol thats what im Hoping we are hoping for. The thing is we already know he can do it. So .. its awesome to Have Big Ben Roethlisberger At QB.

I was Mad at him in 06 But plenty Empathetic and Sympathetic to his injuries and so on.... I Still think After the Opener or at least After Bens Struggles Batch Should have continued to Start and Ride his High. That Was Cower's fault in my mind. You got a young QB who is very pridefull. Let him Keep his Pride by saying " COACH IM READY LET ME IN" But then be smart as the Coach and be like " Hey We are gonnna give you a few more days/weeks to get you back 100%.. AKA going for the Knee Surgury in 05 and waiting to come back strong . Lol only we were loosing with Tommy Gun. We coulda been winning with Batch. My 2cents on 06 and Bens Shakey Season. Pfttt. It happens..
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
steelwolf21
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5481

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

seriously, does this paragraph have to be inserted into every single ben article to this day?

we know, we get it.

Yeah its soon gonna join the Gardocki never had a punt blocked and Hines Ward is one of the best blocking recievers in the game as the most over- used quotes in the history of sports!
steelwolf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,079 Times in 1,303 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think ben is becoming an elite quarterback if he can continue what the has done so far then he will be ranked with the best.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #14
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i have felt that ben has been criticized plenty for his mistakes. last year was a bad year all around. he had some good performances however. i would love to know how many of those interceptions were in do or die situations, and how many were tipped up by receivers. it would be great to compile those stats sometime.
not to mention terrible field position due to poor special teams play and fumbles. last year was a bad year all around. and we still ended up 8-8. we would have been a playoff team in the nfc. all qbs have down games/years.

ben is gonna have down games again. the question that remains to be seen is if he has learned enough to continue to throw the ball away or take a sack instead of a turnover. if he tries to force a win when it isn't going well and has poor performances because of it, will it hurt his confidence and the teams confidence in him? you could go into a slide that way.

i thought d mcnabb would have a great year w/ his back against the wall, and everything to prove, but it looks like that year could fall apart fast for the eagles. lets hope ben is smart enough to see the big picture. if he is i think he could go down in history as a GREAT qb.

for a guy that has a 15/1 season and a super bowl season under his belt, it's astounding that he has nothing but upside, but so it seems. i love coach's comments about him, and the attitude of trust. that can do great things for a talented young qb.

i also hope ben can help the team win by financially helping them out. that says a lot about a player like brady, and the true champions understand what it means to win, and what it takes. bettis did the same thing with his contract, and i could see ben follow in his footsteps.

Here's hoping Big Ben's decision works as well as those he has made so far this year.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #15
Dragonrider
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5834

Lest we forget, he also has Ken Anderson as a QB coach. I think that helps with all the small things that make him successful. I don't know why so many are surprised by his success. He has shown this ability from the beginning.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #16
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

well they consider Palmer an elite qb.. and he hasnt even made it to the superbowl.. so i guess we could say that ben had the ability to be one also.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #17
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
well the consider Palmer an elite qb.. and he hasnt even made it to the superbowl.. so i guess we could say that ben had the ability to be one also.
Super Bowl he has not even won a playoff game.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #18
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
Super Bowl he has not even won a playoff game.
well then i rest my case then...

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I do not view Ben as an elite QB YET. Until he shows consistency behind center as Ass Chin and Peytoon have over an extended period of time, I'm going to stick with my belief that he is headed in that direction but hasn't reached that tier just yet.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #20
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Sorry to rain on the parade, but I do not view Ben as an elite QB YET. Until he shows consistency behind center as Ass Chin and Peytoon have over an extended period of time, I'm going to stick with my belief that he is headed in that direction but hasn't reached that tier just yet.
i would have to agree hometowngal, i think a lot of it rests on what he does from here on out.