Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-02-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default jones vs tarver

did any of y'all see this fight? omg it was ridiculous, pretty much a waste of money. the undercards were alright some dude from PA beat the hell out of some dude from NY, good bloody match, and i saw my favorite boxer our olympic gold medalist andre ward, he one in a first round knock out in about 30 sec.

now the main event. it was like roy jones didn't even want to win he just didn't want to get knocked down, he was doing some funny shit, when he'd get punched he'd stick his tung out at tarver pretty funny shit for awhile but then he just started running around and he wouldn't throw any combos, it's like he knows if he wanted to he'd knock the hell out of tarver but he didn't. tarver is one of the cockiest dudes i've ever seen, roy is cocky but in a fun way, tarver is in an arrogant way and that pisses me off. i know roy wasn't trying cause in one of the rounds he landed 1 of 8 punches. he was just dancein around tapped dance once then kicked his foot up and touched his jordans.

one thing i liked about tarver was when larry mercent or wtf ever interviewed him, when larry tried to talk shit about roy, tarver would talk over him and said give the man his due he came in and fought a good match he was playin chess and if i made a mistake i'm done, so give him his due. pretty good stuff casue larry is an ass sometimes. also what led me to believe that roy didn't care if he won was when he told larry he just didn't want to go out the way he did the last two fights and show that he can stay up. he also said he didn't really have the hunger for this fight he just wanted to prove himself, and he said he don't know if this was his last fight.

so if you wanna a watch a decent match for the first six rounds then i say watch it saturday on hbo, cause it was entertaining the way roy was acting but it wasn't a good match.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: jones vs tarver

From the pre-fight hype I thought it would have been a better match.
Thanks for the heads-up Koop.

I don't like Larry Merchant...........he comes off as arrogant and it seems like he asks a lot of dumb questions as well as being sarcastic.
I'm surprised a fighter hasn't taken a swing at him during the post fight interviews.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:12 AM   #3
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

This fight sucked!!!.. It was obvious that Jones was fighting to not get knocked out.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:35 AM   #4
Koopa
Living Legend

yup, if roy wanted to he could've beat the crap out of tarver but he was afraid for taver to sneak on in so he just danced around the ring stickin his tounge out and shit like that.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
From the pre-fight hype I thought it would have been a better match.
Thanks for the heads-up Koop.

I don't like Larry Merchant...........he comes off as arrogant and it seems like he asks a lot of dumb questions as well as being sarcastic.
I'm surprised a fighter hasn't taken a swing at him during the post fight interviews.
no problem mayne