Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2005, 04:54 AM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Week 4 Spread Bets

This weeks money makers are:

COLTS (-7) @ Titans

Peyton to finally get his act together this week. The Titans are still a poor side and I expect the Edge to have 100+ Yds on the ground.

Eagles @ CHIEFS (-1.5)

The Chiefs are a tough team to beat at home. I really think you need a consistent running game to be successful at Arrowhead and as nice a player as Westbrook is nobody could confuse him for a power running back.

NY JETS (+7) @ Baltimore

My vote for the 'Ugliest game of the week' - both offenses are going to struggle and Brooks Bollinger is going to have a tough day at the office.

Having said that, we dont know for sure that Bollinger sucks - we cant say the same for Boller.

Baltimore to shade it - but 7 points is too much.

COWBOYS (+3) @ Raiders

Jordan hasnt been a great success in Oakland - possibly another overpaid bust from Al Davis.
Cowboys have enough strength on the D to negate Moss - he will doubled/trebled all day if the Oakland ground game doesn't get going.
Bledsoe's big weakness is getting away from the pass rush - luckily Oakland hasn't had one of those for a couple of years!

Those are the picks for the week - if anyone wants to take my tips I will charge only a small fee.

For the record, Living's spread bets stand at 8-4 on the year so far.

Cheers

NM

ps cant seem to alter the mis-typed Thread Title.
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 10-02-2005 at 05:17 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Week4 Speads Bets

I like the Colts -7. Manning will probably go gang busters today.

The Jets ????? The ravens suck, and the Jets arent much better. Give Vinnie a week more to get ready and they`ll be fine.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #3
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach
 
Cape Cod Steel Head's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA.
Posts: 1,325
Gender: Male
Member Number: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 4 Spread Bets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
This weeks money makers are:

COLTS (-7) @ Titans

Peyton to finally get his act together this week. The Titans are still a poor side and I expect the Edge to have 100+ Yds on the ground.

Eagles @ CHIEFS (-1.5)

The Chiefs are a tough team to beat at home. I really think you need a consistent running game to be successful at Arrowhead and as nice a player as Westbrook is nobody could confuse him for a power running back.

NY JETS (+7) @ Baltimore

My vote for the 'Ugliest game of the week' - both offenses are going to struggle and Brooks Bollinger is going to have a tough day at the office.

Having said that, we dont know for sure that Bollinger sucks - we cant say the same for Boller.

Baltimore to shade it - but 7 points is too much.

COWBOYS (+3) @ Raiders

Jordan hasnt been a great success in Oakland - possibly another overpaid bust from Al Davis.
Cowboys have enough strength on the D to negate Moss - he will doubled/trebled all day if the Oakland ground game doesn't get going.
Bledsoe's big weakness is getting away from the pass rush - luckily Oakland hasn't had one of those for a couple of years!

Those are the picks for the week - if anyone wants to take my tips I will charge only a small fee.

For the record, Living's spread bets stand at 8-4 on the year so far.

Cheers

NM

ps cant seem to alter the mis-typed Thread Title.
You failed to mention this weeks sure thing. The Chargers Getting 5.5 They won't even need the points
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:24 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 4 Spread Bets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
You failed to mention this weeks sure thing. The Chargers Getting 5.5 They won't even need the points
Alot of people must agree with you - the e-bookies I lay my bets with now has the Chargers at only +4.5 on the spread.

I dont think the Chargers have got the coaching or the bottle to come into Foxboro take the win - they do have some very capable players though.

Cheers

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,157
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 6,228 Times in 2,679 Posts
Default Re: Week4 Speads Bets

jets +7 is probably the safest bet. hell there may not even 13 points scored in this game. i wonder what the over under is? 20????????
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week4 Speads Bets

The over/under is 31.5 - I can't see anything like a 20-10 scoreline happening so the under is probably a good bet.

Cheers

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #7
slashsteel
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: Week4 Speads Bets

Quote:
I dont think the Chargers have got the coaching or the bottle to come into Foxboro take the win - they do have some very capable players though.
Chargers coaching staff is solid, and last year they had a decent year. They have a three headed monster ( Brees,LT,Gates) that can go in anywhere and get a win. And with a injury riddled team the patsiepuffs are primed for the taking. Hard to beat the pats at home, but if there ever was a time, it's now....... The bottle huh never heard it used in this manner before, you made that up all by yourself didn't you? ;)
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #8
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach
 
Cape Cod Steel Head's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA.
Posts: 1,325
Gender: Male
Member Number: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Week 4 Spread Bets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
You failed to mention this weeks sure thing. The Chargers Getting 5.5 They won't even need the points
Easy Money!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,157
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,488
Thanked 6,228 Times in 2,679 Posts
Default Re: Week4 Speads Bets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
jets +7 is probably the safest bet. hell there may not even 13 points scored in this game. i wonder what the over under is? 20????????
i guess i underestimated the ravens ability to score more than 13 pts. but in the case of this game i wouldve taken the under to hedge my bets.31.5 was an excellent under to bet in this game. sucks to see the ratbirds win.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts