Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Chargers Get it done.

With two minutes left the score is
Chargers-34
Pats-17

You can hear the crickets chirping in Gillette Stadium.

The Steelers better be ready next Monday or it's going to be a long night!!

OOOPS! The Chargers score again as I type.

Chargers-41
Pats-17
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Chargers Get it done.

For sure we took an old fasioned pasting tonight - ugly ugly game from a patriots stand point.

D got run over repeatedly - the best we could hope for was a 2nd half shootout and then that didnt materialise.

What can I say? We got hammered by a team thats looks to be on top of their game - I shall be offering props to any Bolts fans that visit the Pats forum.

On the flip-side - BB rumour has it likes a challenge - well he is going to LOVE this!

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Should be interesting to see how the Pats respond next week in Atlanta.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:20 PM   #4
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
D got run over repeatedly - the best we could hope for was a 2nd half shootout and then that didnt materialise.

What can I say? We got hammered by a team thats looks to be on top of their game - I shall be offering props to any Bolts fans that visit the Pats forum.
I guess the Bolts' coaching did "materialise" Is that a new word? Someone with your high IQ can't spell very well huh. Well spell L O S S , because thats 2 out of 4 I wanna Sey mour! lmfao!

What you can say is that your run has ended, and that your team isn't what they were. The Chargers dominated. This isn't just a loss. It is a revealing win, as the puffs are now exposed. But hey now at least your name will be fitting, as you can now only live in the past! lmfao! Go Chargers!

I wonder if I should post a link everywhere so that livingwithmommie will respond. Nahhhhhhhhhh that would be too childish! lmfao
Old 10-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I wanted to watch that game or the Cincy game, but of course I'm stuck watching the Ratbirds lol.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
I guess the Bolts' coaching did "materialise" Is that a new word? Someone with your high IQ can't spell very well huh. Well spell L O S S , because thats 2 out of 4 I wanna Sey mour! lmfao!

What you can say is that your run has ended, and that your team isn't what they were. The Chargers dominated. This isn't just a loss. It is a revealing win, as the puffs are now exposed. But hey now at least your name will be fitting, as you can now only live in the past! lmfao! Go Chargers!

I wonder if I should post a link everywhere so that livingwithmommie will respond. Nahhhhhhhhhh that would be too childish! lmfao
Ok point by point.

1. materialise

v : come into being; become reality; "Her dream really materialized" [syn: happen, materialize] [ant: dematerialize]

courtesy of dictionary.com

2. Im quite happy to admit that we were well beaten on the night by a Chargers team that played excellent football - they outplayed us in every single aspect of the game.

3. I dont think 2-2 is a terrible situation. The AFC East isnt looking too hot right now - so hopefully by the time the playoffs get here then we will be in better shape.

4. I can understand your joy at this result - but im not too sure about all the crowing - last time I looked you were a Pittsburgh Steelers fan - and we beat them last week.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:59 PM   #7
slashsteel

Member Number:

Well our record is still better than yours as we have one loss.

And this loss also had to do with how much effort it took your team to get a win against the Steelers. We simply took too much out of your team. Through play and injuries.

And I am sure you can really understand my "crowing" as you ran off at the mouth all week long. Your team is done stick a fork in them. This was a loss that is revealing in so many ways.

BTW I was just messing with you on the word, I wanted to see if you would look it up. As you were unsure. The word usually is used with a Z but you can use a S. But tell me why did you bother looking it up ? ? Why? because you hate to be wrong.

And you are wrong about your team, and your 2-2 outlook. Sure on paper it doesn't look too bad. But how you lost is the more telling.

Even you admitted that in every aspect of the game it was a loss. And not a close one, but a blowout.

So tell me whats your chances of a three peat now guru?

Even with someone of your limited intelligence can see the writing on the wall.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #8
slashsteel

Member Number:

Oh BTW why did your buddy leave so quickly? Couldn't handle the heat huh ? ?
Old 10-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Slash,

I agree that your record is better than ours - and by the end of the season it may well be the same story - but I still quite like us in a playoff environment.

I indulged in a little crowing because MY TEAM beat YOUR TEAM......however this week your team didnt even play - so that is why I question your willingness to crow.

You are welcome to your analysis of how 'done' we are - I guess we will find out at the end of the regular season how accurate that is.

As regards my vocabulary - I looked it up as proof for you - just in case you decide to expand yours sometime soon - you did question it after all......oh no..hold on you were 'just joking' right lol

As I said before i'm 100% behind my team to get the 3-peat - this Pats generation lives off adversity, and I think we have as much chance as anyone else.

By the way - you dont see me whining about 'classless' fans crowing after victory do you?

This is because I can take a loss like a man and move on.

Cheers

NM
Old 10-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #10
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
For sure we took an old fasioned pasting tonight - ugly ugly game from a patriots stand point.

On the flip-side - BB rumour has it likes a challenge - well he is going to LOVE this!

Cheers

NM
this was no pasting as you put it, it was a straight up ass whoopin
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote