Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772
Default Roll Tide & SEC football -

I thought I'd start a thread for the few Bama fans on SteelersFever for the Tide fans to talk Bama football. I realize that most of you midwestern Pennsylvania and Ohio folks hate Alabama and Nick Saban, but I'm used to that by now!

3-0 is a nice start for Bama after the first three games and tonight's game against UGA will set the Crimson Tide up for a possible 8-0 start to the season going into the LSU game on November 3rd in Tuscaloosa. A loss to UGA and Bama might be headed for an average season the rest of the way. Either way, Roll Tide Roll!!!

Thank God for college football and Saturdays!!!
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #2
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71
Default Re: Roll Tide & SEC football -

LOL -- well at least you have good taste as a Steelers fan!!!

II can't say much the way my Vols are playing this year though - but I couldn't let this thread go without saying something! I grew up in NE Ohio - totally around pro football, bleeding black and gold. Now that I'm in the south, for almost 12 years now, i love some SEC football! Some of the greatest football on Saturdays!! Although I am also an Ohio State fan.

The UGA game tonight should be a great one - although I will also be watching the Vols at the same time --HOPING they can rebound from the nasty loss last week vs Florida (I can't come up with a strong enough word to describe how I feel about that game!!)

Can't wait till tomorrow -- for the greatest football on Sundays!! GO STEELERS :-)
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTideSteelersFan View Post
I thought I'd start a thread for the few Bama fans on SteelersFever for the Tide fans to talk Bama football. I realize that most of you midwestern Pennsylvania and Ohio folks hate Alabama and Nick Saban, but I'm used to that by now!

3-0 is a nice start for Bama after the first three games and tonight's game against UGA will set the Crimson Tide up for a possible 8-0 start to the season going into the LSU game on November 3rd in Tuscaloosa. A loss to UGA and Bama might be headed for an average season the rest of the way. Either way, Roll Tide Roll!!!

WELCOME! Good start to what could be the beginning of something really good. But blaming "midwestern Pennsylvania and Ohio folks" for hating Saban is really really unfair. Transplant Steeler fan living in the Aloha State probably hates Saban even more.

Thanks to the best contemporary college football coach in the country - Pete Carroll - USC's CEO has proved that being a better scout, recruiter, teacher, coach and mentor means more than CHASING GLORY.

Why leave LSU in the first place?" HMMMM. Chasing glory.

Policy vs. Propoganda.

Take the Top 20 Blue Chips in the USA and poll them.

A restoration of Bama football is essential - please don't get me wrong - but if you hang your hat on this dude then be sure you have an extra in the closet.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

That win over Arkansas was wildly overrated, as is Arkansas. They are a one trick pony. Still, the SEC is a great conference, and I enjoy watching SEC football when I can. Bama will be back.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #5
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
That win over Arkansas was wildly overrated, as is Arkansas. They are a one trick pony. Still, the SEC is a great conference, and I enjoy watching SEC football when I can. Bama will be back.
I don't disagree. I thought that Arkansas would struggle this season because they're too one-dimensional on offense (even though McFadden and Jones are great running backs) and because they lost a lot on defense from last season. With UK's win over Arkansas last weekend, Houston Nutt's day are numbered.

Bama/FSU game today on CBS should be a good one down in Jacksonville. Largest crowd in the history of Jacksonville Municipal Stadium will be on hand (larger than any Jaguars game and larger than any past UF/UGA games).
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTideSteelersFan View Post

Actually this is not 100% acurate. The hate extends well beyond the west coast and out into the South Pacific.

Big Ten fans are still trying to untuck their tails but Trojan fan is still in the drivers seat with the foot firmly on the accelerator and gaining speed...sick speed.

I do respect Bama fan and Bulldog fan. But SEC fan is freakin annoying. All of this conference chest thumping seems to come from a group of coaches that want to prove their worth in the press rather than on the football field.

At least Arkansas had the nuts to schedule USC twice to start the season. Ooops. And teams like LSU schedule cupcakes like Tulane...ooops again. Ugly first half.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
Actually this is not 100% acurate. The hate extends well beyond the west coast and out into the South Pacific.

Big Ten fans are still trying to untuck their tails but Trojan fan is still in the drivers seat with the foot firmly on the accelerator and gaining speed...sick speed.

I do respect Bama fan and Bulldog fan. But SEC fan is freakin annoying. All of this conference chest thumping seems to come from a group of coaches that want to prove their worth in the press rather than on the football field.

At least Arkansas had the nuts to schedule USC twice to start the season. Ooops. And teams like LSU schedule cupcakes like Tulane...ooops again. Ugly first half.
I don't agree with this whole conference war that ESPN has started. But the SEC has a reason to be so confident. Our conference is arguably the #1 Conference. Normally our teams don't scedule tough out of conference teams because the SEC is usually really tough, IMO. Unfortunately UGA is having a little bit of a down year(not as much as normal) along with Tennessee, Arkansas, and Auburn. But normally those teams are forces.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's a cyclical thing. I'm not ready to say the Big Ten is in a down year yet, because I think some of the perrennial suck teams may be resurgent. Illinois is ready to break-out, Michigan State looks to be playing good football, Purdue is 5-0, and even Indiana is playing pretty good football now. If the top teams struggle, the lessor teams can pick up the slack.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085