Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #11
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507
Default Re: 41- 17 Chargers over the puffs!

If the Steelers beat the Chargers on monday night in San Diego next week, then I can see some reason to rub that win in the faces at the Patriots fans. But what if the Chargers dismantle us?

I'm gonna wait a week before gettin super excited.
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Slash,

At least you admit you made up my comment about ' we cant be beaten' and all that.

If you want to take credit for wearing us out last week - that is fine too - we all have different expectations for our team.

Until we cannot make the playoffs mathematically I wont be giving up on the Pats - there is still plenty of ball to be played this year.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:54 PM   #13
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Todays game proved two things. We're in trouble, and the Steelers stink.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

I dont happen to think the Steeler stink - they play good hard football but seem to come up a little short due to their conservative nature.

We are in a bit of crisis on D after todays effort - but im going to wait until I see a few more games like this before I get seriously down hearted.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:04 PM   #15
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

"due to their conservative nature"

Yeah, that's being polite about. More to the point would be, they're about as dynamic as a stone.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:13 PM   #16
slashsteel

Member Number:

hardwork 41 points against your d and we stink? LMFAO! You go too far with the comedy. Your team played far worse today, than the Steelers have all year. Next week we have the Bolts and we will compare the outcome.

Now see living you are acting too calm your taking all the fun out of this thread.

Sure I say things to get your goat as you do me. You have to admit you had this coming somewhat. You have done things to spark a response, I simply returned the favor.

.....And it is a fact when two good teams play head to head often they are not the same the following week so that isn't a stretch to say that.

So to be fair I'll say this last week our teams were evenly matched as either could win. This week things caught up to your team. But I will stick with, that it is a sign. I said even before the season that the pats could not possibly be the same, and that their run D would be exposed. Go to the Reign.org and ask around it's true. And why? It is because your linebacker was a stud and Brown and Monty arn't. They are has beens. As the season wears on much like in the chargers game it will be revealed. Simply they arn't Brushi. Which I read that he still might be back later in the year, so maybe there is still hope. You better hope that comes to pass, or my predictions probably will hold true....
Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #17
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
There is the snert. Glad you could make it. Taking credit? I am just giving you what you dished out last week. DOn't cry like a b!tch. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. LMFAO is this the same team that you thought couldn't be beaten, that was going to 3peat?
they shouldn't be thinkin they gonna 3peat cause i have spoken. pats fan, don't plan on makin a superbowl trip cause y'all ain't going, stop dreamin of a 3peat. i have spoken por favor believe it
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Todays game proved two things. We're in trouble, and the Steelers stink.
not true, because we haven't played the chargers, we can very well do what they did to y'all to them, and then what would you say? i might have to take my comments back about the colts beating the pats it might very well be the team they play in the wild card game that ends the run.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:18 PM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel
hardwork 41 points against your d and we stink? LMFAO! You go too far with the comedy. Your team played far worse today, than the Steelers have all year. Next week we have the Bolts and we will compare the outcome.

Now see living you are acting too calm your taking all the fun out of this thread.

Sure I say things to get your goat as you do me. You have to admit you had this coming somewhat. You have done things to spark a response, I simply returned the favor.

.....And it is a fact when two good teams play head to head often they are not the same the following week so that isn't a stretch to say that.

So to be fair I'll say this last week our teams were evenly matched as either could win. This week things caught up to your team. But I will stick with, that it is a sign. I said even before the season that the pats could not possibly be the same, and that their run D would be exposed. Go to the Reign.org and ask around it's true. And why? It is because your linebacker was a stud and Brown and Monty arn't. They are has beens. As the season wears on much like in the chargers game it will be revealed. Simply they arn't Brushi. Which I read that he still might be back later in the year, so maybe there is still hope. You better hope that comes to pass, or my predictions probably will hold true....
I guess we all get our 'fun' in different ways Slash.

I take joy in my teams victories - and sometimes its a nice bonus to beat a team that had us pegged as 'spent' before we even took the field.

You, however, are different - you take joy in Patriots losses in their own right - even when your team was no where near the field of play.

Im sure you have your reasons - though I notice you are pretty much the only Steeler poster who is indulging in this.

The fact is - I can be calm because I can handle losing a game and facing up afterwards - you proved you cant when you called all the Pats fans classless for being here - these are all facts.

Cheers

NM
Old 10-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #20
slashsteel

Member Number:

I will have to say with all my comments about your intelligence, hardwork is obviously the idiot here.

Quote:
More to the point would be, they're about as dynamic as a stone.
Interesting. Yea those 2 Ben TD's wern't dynamic. And that last second tie. If we sucked so bad hard why did it take you to the last seconds of the game to win ? ? You know that answer. You are looking at two teams going in different directions. We will continue winning, and the pats are going to have a off year. Relax you had a great run it is just over. Well at least for this year, we will see what next year has to offer. Sure the puffs will put up a fight but 8 and 8 isn't a stretch as a ending for you. If we beat the bolts we are looking at 3 and 1 with the hard part of our schedule minus the colts over. So who has the rougher road ahead. You tell me.........