Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2007, 05:51 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Q&A with Steelers center Mahan

Q&A with Steelers center Mahan
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sean Mahan finds himself at the center -- literally -- of a Steelers offense that ranks second in the NFL in rushing and fifth in scoring. The team's only significant free agent signing during the offseason, Mahan beat out Chukky Okobi for the starting center job during training camp and has joined right tackle Willie Colon as one of two new starters on the Steelers' offensive line.
Prior to signing with the Steelers, Mahan played four seasons for the Tampa Buccaneers (three of those were when Mike Tomlin was the team's defensive backs coach), starting 29 of 33 games in 2005-06.

These days, Mahan is not just a proud member of the black and gold, but also a humbled Golden Domer. The Tribune-Review recently caught up with Mahan and talked to him about the Steelers' great tradition at center, their great tradition, period, and yes, the struggles of his alma mater, Notre Dame.

Q: What is going on with Notre Dame (The Irish were 0-3 going into a game against Michigan State)?

A: They lost a lot of starters (from) last year, and they're a rebuilding, young team, I guess. They'll right the ship, hopefully.

Q: What do you like best about Pittsburgh?

A: I love the outdoors. You get just 15 minutes outside of the city, and you've got a lot of natural habitat, which is really cool. Definitely the temperature is a lot better. In Tampa Bay, we played a lot of hot, hot games, so I'm definitely looking forward to playing in cooler weather.

Q: It is one thing to hear about what the Steelers mean to Pittsburgh, another to experience it as a player. What has it been like for you?

A: You can't really explain it in words, but it's really something special and something I'm very honored to be a part of.

Q: Are you aware of the history the Steelers have at center?

A: Of course. There's been a long line of Hall of Fame centers and there's only been a handful (of centers) in the last three or four decades. It's something that attracted me to this position and Pittsburgh. It's a challenge I think I'm up for, and it's something I look forward to.

Q: How good can the offensive line be this season?

A: I think the sky's the limit for the offensive line. We have a lot of talent and a lot of great veterans that have played a long time together, so our standards are set very high.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,200 Times in 1,359 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Q&A with Steelers center Mahan

I think mahan is doing a nice job at center sounds like he is very happy in pittsburgh.
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote