Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Now we'll see how good we are...

Yes, we had a let-down against the Pats, but that game is over and means almost nothing now. We have a stretch of games that will truly test just how good this football team is coming up:

Monday Night in San Diego. We take our show on the road against a very hot Chargers team. A win would be huge, and a loss means a major set-back.

Then we come home against an interesting Jax team. They are very hot and cold, but they have a good defense and an improving offense.

Next is the Bengals game in Cincy. We'll have a better idea how these teams truly stack up in the next few weeks, but, as of right now, it's a big game because it's our first divisional game and they seem to be over-achieving.

Finally, we wind up October playing on Halloween playing a scary team in the Ravens...not because they are good, but because they have so many scary criminals on their team. Seriously, we took our eye off the ball last year and they beat us. There's not much left in Baltimore, but, regardless of where we stand by time we play the Rats, a loss here is obviously a huge disappointment.

I'm not gonna make any predictions, but, again, I will say that we should have a pretty good idea of how good we really are this year by the first week of November.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #2
Soldier4Steelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 648
Default Re: Now we'll see how good we are...

the chargers are a big unkown because they have grown, and changes so much since the last time we met. but jax is going to be tuff because they know us very well and have a talented team. this stretch will show weather we can beat the diversity in the nfl. HUGE! go pitt
Old 10-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe,
I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe,
I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe, I Believe.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Faith never hurts...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

We're definately coming into a touch stretch so yeah, its time to see what we are made of. We've made a living of proving the doubters wrong so lets on get ready !!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

This is gonna be tough. San Diego can burn us with their speed and talent and Jax can wear us down with their physical play. While San Diego will probably be harder to beat, I'm actually more concerned about Jax when I think long-term because games against them are always death matches. This will be a great chance to show what we're made of and I think the results will be favorable...
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #7
Soldier4Steelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 648

last years jax game was till the death. the most physical game of football i have ever seen! hopefuly this year wont disapoint
Old 10-06-2005, 01:26 AM   #8
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

try an pull it off guys!
Old 10-06-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

To me defensively I don't think the Bolts can contain Ben or confuse him long enough to keep the Steelers from passing at will. If the Steelers look to win this game it's going to have to be offensively, becuz we won't be able to contain the Bolts for 4 quarters.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #10
Steelyasoul007
Water Boy

Member Number: 523

I don't think the bolts will be able to measure up to us pounding the rock that many times. I hope Willie gets the rock more than 17 times like he did against the Pats.
Steelyasoul007 is offline   Reply With Quote