Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #21
ChargerRay
Water Boy

Member Number: 611
Default Re: Steelers/Chargers

You guys better be ready because we will be. Our offense is rolling will not slow down. Defensively, we are getting better. Look at the last 2 games in the 2nd half. We only allowed a total of 3 points to both the Giants and Pats.

The Steelers are a good team. But if they couldn't stop an undermanned Pats team, I don't see them slowing down our high powered offense.

www.bolttalk.com
www.nflfsa.com
]
ChargerRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM   #22
slashsteel

Member Number:

Part of the reason IMO that the bolts by the margin that they did was what we took out of the pats a week earlier. Like I said numerous times before, I think injuries and such a emotional - high effort game drained the pats enough to where the bolts had a clear edge. I think we will be hungry for win and maybe the bolts will be over confident and/or a little tired from the big match up against the pats as well. But being it's a Monday nighter maybe the last comment won't be a factor.

Regardless of the ifs, we better not lose this game as it has a high importance factor. Seeing that we have three big matchups this year. We need to win 2 out of 3 IMO to be battle tested/ high confident for the playoffs. So the bolts and Indy bring the other two games, as we already lost to the pats.

Also if we beat the team that just beat the pats, it renders that loss somewhat meaningless. I think we beat ourselves in the patsiepuff game more than anything the pats did to us. But in this game we need to be more focused and execute. And win the turnover battle. Especially being in their house. LT is in top form so we need to shut him down, and make Brees beat us through the air. Not that this is impossible, but it will at least eliminate play action passing, if we can make them one dimentional.....

Coming off a bye we have no excuse for not being in top form, like was mentioned our O-line needs to play better. But I'll go one step further. If we win the O-line-D-line battles we should win this game.

It is going to be a good game, like the pats this game could go either way, let us hope we are up for the challenge.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #23
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

Not taking anything away from the Bolts but they had a better chance of beating the Patriots than the Steelers. First the off the Steelers and the Patriots faced each other 3x's in less then a year, so the Steelers were heavily scouted by the patriots. To the point were that game almost seemed like a division game.

I think the best way to combat L.T. , Brees, and Gates is to blitz and make the Chargers keep those guys in for protections reasons.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,918 Times in 3,395 Posts

"heavilly scouted" is an understatement. they employ half our roster! lol

plus carolina beat the pats and it didnt help them much the following week against the lowly dolphins.
pats beat us and it gave them no edge on the colts. steelers know since last year not to rest on what happened the week before and to never over look an opponent. giants, cowboys, browns, jags, etc almost beat us while we steamrolled the 2 superbowl teams. "any given sunday"
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:55 PM   #25
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Not too mention the Pats came off two very physical games in a row.......Carolina and Pittsburgh.
Fair to say the Pats were probably a little wore down and decimated with injuries.

They were ripe for the picking.

Still a good win for the Chargers regardless, but I'd temper the enthusiasm with a little reality.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:29 PM   #26
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The Steelers will be ready for this game...they've had 2 full weeks of Cowher cussing them out and spitting all over them for how bad they sucked against the Pats. Personally, I'd hate to be a Charger come next Monday Night...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #27
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I'm really nervous about the Chargers/Steelers game, too. They bitch slapped (am I allowed to say that?) the Pats but good. I don't think the Pats are all that great this year, though. Everyone's on to them. They played very sloppy against us, but then we played that way, too, IMO...(lol). I have a friend in San Diego who is a Steelers fan and who is going to the game Monday night. He'll be in the corner end zone, mid-second level. Not the best of seats, but at least he's in the stadium. When I spoke w/him about the game today, he pretty much expressed SteelProven's sentiments of "the best way to combat L.T. , Brees, and Gates is to blitz and make the Chargers keep those guys in for protections reasons."

I'm nervous about this game, but I think we'll pull off the win! Yay!

VA_Steeler... Love your avatar. How 'bout being a dear and getting me a drink. I'm parched. A Long Island Iced Tea would be nice.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #28
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerRay
You guys better be ready because we will be. Our offense is rolling will not slow down. Defensively, we are getting better. Look at the last 2 games in the 2nd half. We only allowed a total of 3 points to both the Giants and Pats.

The Steelers are a good team. But if they couldn't stop an undermanned Pats team, I don't see them slowing down our high powered offense.
Easy now, don't get too cocky... You guys played a good game against the Pats, but I think you caught them on a bad day.

The Pats match up well against the Steelers, Tom Brady doesn't seemed to be phased by the pressure the Steelers put on him, and Ben, 2 out of the 3 times he's played NE, he's looked like a below average QB.

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #29
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
2 out of the 3 times he's played NE, he's looked like a below average QB.
Yes those two TD's he threw including that comeback drive to tie the game up, sure made him look below average. < insert eye roll smiley here>

Ben wasn't the reason that we lost. It was more O-line play and CB coverage. Not surprising that these two areas were supposibly upgraded, but so far Ike and Simmons are still a work in progress..........
Old 10-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #30
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

It will be a tough one but I say the Steelers come out on top only if they get the run established early and keep it going, like mentioned already the Chargers have a good pass D.
Also your D needs to contain LT and Antonio Gates.....If that don't happen it could be a long night.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote