Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Wilfork fined $12,500 for hit on Losman

Apparently the NFL also considered it a cheap shot....

Patriots' Wilfork fined $12,500 for hit on Losman
By The Associated Press
Friday, September 28, 2007

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork was fined $12,500 Thursday by the NFL for his low, late hit on Bills quarterback J.P. Losman.
Losman sprained his left knee during the play Sunday and is expected to miss at least two weeks. Wilfork was penalized on the play in the Patriots' 38-7 win.

"A lot of people say that was a cheap shot," Wilfork said Thursday before he was alerted about the fine. "I'm far from a dirty player. If you know me as a person, you'd understand that. If you don't know me, don't judge me. If you don't know me, get to know me."

Losman was hurt on Buffalo's first play from scrimmage when Wilfork dived at his knee just as Losman completed a 4-yard pass to running back Marshawn Lynch. Losman tried to play through the injury, but left the game after losing a fumble two plays later.

Rookie quarterback Trent Edwards replaced Losman and immediately engineered a 12-play, 80-yard touchdown drive, though he completed 10 of 20 passes for 97 yards in the game.

Wilfork said he was blocked into Losman.

"I've got one guy tripping me up and I've got one guy hitting my left leg," Wilfork said. "Of course, that's the only reason I was falling. I'm mad because he's hurt. That's what I regret -- him being a quarterback and getting hurt. It wasn't intentional."

Wilfork said he has tried to reach out to Losman to apologize.

"I've got some friends on that team," Wilfork said. "I'll try to talk to him as a person and let him know how I feel about the whole situation."

This was Wilfork's second run-in with the Bills. During a game in 2004, Bills tackle Jonas Jennings suffered a concussion on what he called a "premeditated" helmet-to-helmet hit by Wilfork. Also in that game, Bills guard Chris Villarrial accused Wilfork of kicking him in the ribs on a field goal attempt.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_529818.html
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Wilfork fined $12,500 for hit on Losman

Quote:
"A lot of people say that was a cheap shot," Wilfork said Thursday before he was alerted about the fine. "I'm far from a dirty player. If you know me as a person, you'd understand that. If you don't know me, don't judge me. If you don't know me, get to know me."
Who said he was a "dirty player"? Where did that come from? Just because your HC is a stiff cheat, doesn't mean we hold it against you.

All we (well, the majority of people with two eyes and a brain) are saying is that it was a dirty hit. The NFL agreed. Settle down there buddy. Deep breath.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,478 Times in 3,331 Posts

He should play the standard Pats defense to wrongdoing by saying he and the league office just have different interpretations of the rules

Willfork is going to be looking around for Bills linemen going for his knees in the Bills rematch like Tony Soprano scanning the diner in the final scene of the Sopranos.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Typical New England tactics. It was so obvious he was going for the knee with that elbow extending out. How stupid does he think people are?

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote