Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #21
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087
Default Re: Ward 'doubtful" for Sunday's game

You guys are making Reid sound like the next Colclough

What he fumbled once in the preseason?

I like Rossum, but he is the short term fix. Reid could be the long term solution. He has been in street clothes the first 3 games and now that he will likely suit up, I'd like to see what he can do when finally given the chance. Some people respond by making big plays to prove they belong. Atleast he should see some action at WR anyways
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #22
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
wouldnt it be something if reid took a short pass to the house sunday? 80 yard WR screen pass for the TD. c'mon reid, show us your speed!
Now him playing WR......no problem. The guy looked good in camp. Ran good routes, caught the ball, took the hits. He looked good.

Unfortunately, catching a punt is a little different.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #23
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
It was looking like it there for a while. This is the same guy who's job was being questioned during TC this year. He was kept on this roster because of what the coaching staff saw in his receiving skills. It's not just the fumbles. He bobbled a few if I recall correctly.

It's all fine and dandy until your up by three with a minute to go in quarter #4 and the opposing team punts one off and your returner fumbles the ball on his own 30.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,408 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post

What he fumbled once in the preseason?

I like Rossum, but he is the short term fix. Reid could be the long term solution. He has been in street clothes the first 3 games and now that he will likely suit up, I'd like to see what he can do when finally given the chance. Some people respond by making big plays to prove they belong. Atleast he should see some action at WR anyways
He was given the opportunity to win the KR job outright in preseason - he had multiple opportunities and they still brought Rossum in. That tells me his potential as a KR isn't there. I would like to see him in at WR - he did show promise there during the preseason.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM   #25
Lord Stiller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Or fair catch it inside the 10.
LOL, yeah that was pretty pathetic.

But that's something you learn from 'EXPERIENCE' gained by 'PLAYING'

You all must have a short memory. Randel El did this same crap and is now a premier punt returner in the league.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #26
Lord Stiller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
He was given the opportunity to win the KR job outright in preseason - he had multiple opportunities and they still brought Rossum in. That tells me his potential as a KR isn't there. I would like to see him in at WR - he did show promise there during the preseason.

Once again, I'm talking about returning punts here. not kickoffs

and im also excited to see him given a shot at WR. he is really tough and actually a good blocker just like Ward
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #27
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

I'm talking about Reid, not Randle El.

The guy had the job locked if he wanted it. He failed to take it. That's called not taking advantage of an opportunity. Happens every year in the NFL during TC and preseason to rookies and second year players.

Giving Reid a shot in the REGULAR season so he can gain "EXPERIENCE" is a gamble I wouldn't be willing to take as we are cruising at 3-0 and I doubt Tomlin would be up for it either. Like I said, it's easy to say it until he fumbles on the 30 and we blow a game (a divisional game maybe?).

No thanks. Let's see if Tomlin gives him a shot this Sunday. If Rossum starts fumbling or bobbling the ball in his own territory, then I would entertain the idea. Until then, I'm going with the 'better safe than sorry' route.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #28
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Well, if he can't play then let Reid play, let all our young receivers of the future play together against an average secondary and see how they do. Just keep reid away from returning for now...he may have the talent, but he better concentrate on one thing for now
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #29
steelers06
Water Boy

Member Number: 3875

nooo, i hope he plays. im going to my 1st steelers game ever, and to see him not play will suck. but, whatever is best for later in the season i guess.
steelers06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #30
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

I think we should err on the side of caution with Ward's injury and rest him for this game. This is a non-divisional, non-conference game. Obviously we don't want to lose any games, but if we are going to drop a game due to injury, it's best that it be against an NFC opponent, as it won't matter as much for playoff tie-breakers.

That said, we should still be good enough to beat the Cardinals even without Ward.

It will definitely be a disappointment if Ward can't suit up against Whiz and Grimm, but we can't afford to risk losing him for the season when more important games against the Ravens, Bengals, and Patriots loom on the horizon.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote