Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #11
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: So Whisenhunt is Thinking....

Whiz has collected some guys that were in camp, so he'll be grilling them for info on the playbook, no doubt.

Boldin remindes me of Hines Ward with more speed. He's tough and will take a hit to make the catch. He's also a helluva blocker so he'll have no probleming helping out Edge or another receiver to get yards downfield.

Fitzgerald has some of the best hands in football and is very fast. He can stretch the field vertically and he can take a short slant to the house. I am more afraid of him than Boldin.

If the o-line can keep him off of his back, Leinart is dangerous. He showed that at times last year, he can make all the throws. He's not much of a threat on the run, but if given the chance to set his feet again, he becomes dangerous.

Warner is a statue in the pocket. He doesn't scare me much.

Running on our defense is almost impossible. Edge will break 100 yards if he gets 60 carries. No TD's for Mr. James.

Our defense will bring the pressure. Leinart and/or Warner won't be given much time to find Fitz or Boldin. I expect to see a lot of grass stains on the jerseys of the quarterbacks.

Willie can run past their entire defense, and Ben & Co. can pass all over them. I think the Steelers might break 50 points this week.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,649 Times in 4,009 Posts

i think whiz wil approach this game the same as he did vs. the bungles in the playoffs 2 years ago. if he has something cooked up with boldin in the form of randle el (as promised in training camp) we could see it this week.

it took until last week to see the steelers run some gagetry with wilson. so i think whiz may give it a shot.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 PM   #13
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I said it before and I'll say it again. This game will be the offense's coming out party. I'd be surprised if Ben and co. don't put up 30 against the Cards.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 AM   #14
NateC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5543

A Shootout is not What im hoping for. IMO that favors AZ, We will soon see fella's should be excellent football. I just have a feeling Whisenhunt is gonna be looking funny this game.
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:43 AM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again. This game will be the offense's coming out party. I'd be surprised if Ben and co. don't put up 30 against the Cards.
The Mahan injury could destabilize the OL and slow down any scoring - OL depth is the central weakness of this team - hopefully it does not show up this week.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #16
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

I say expect a big play attempt from AZ very early----like the ones the Bengals and Colts made in 2005 on the first and second plays.

I would love to be in Dick LeBeau's head right about now, wouldn't you?
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is another situation where, if you look at this position by position, there are very few players on the Cardinals who could start for the Steelers. They have a couple nice WR's, but Edge is past his prime. Leinert is ineffective when he feels heat, and Lebeau is definitely going to bring heat. The Ravens offense is hardly a jaugernaut, but they gouged the Cards defense for some big gains in the first half last week. They have a few nice players on defense, Adrian Wilson is the only stud on that side of the ball.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #18
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Whiz is thinking....Man did I get the wrong job!!!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I'd be lying if I said I feel the Steelers will rout the Cards, but I do believe the Steelers are going to break the game open in the second half - just a gut. AZ will play us as close as possible the first quarter and a half and try to get Edge to pound the ball forward, but I don't think he's going to have much success against our D. Boldin puts a bit of fright into me, but I believe our much improved secondary can handle him. Bring on the rocket launcher - #27 - and introduce Messrs. Boldin and Fitzgerald to him. Sure - the Cards' O is going to put some points on the board, but it isn't going to be easy for them to do so.

I don't feel Leinart will last the entire first half - our D will send him to the sidelines crying for his binkie. Warner still has a good arm and is fairly accurate, but as Roeth pointed out above, he is a statue back there, though he does have a pretty quick release. If the Steelers D can pressure him often, he's going to be taken out of his game and make mistakes.

I'm sure Tomlin, Arians and Lebeau are hard at work as I type this coming up with a game plan to counteract anything Whiz or Grimm feel they know about this team. I have complete confidence in our coaching staff and our team. Look out Cards!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #20
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I have complete confidence in our coaching staff and our team. Look out Cards! [/QUOTE]

Exactly. Confidence !!!
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote