Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
Soldier4Steelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 648
Default Re: Plaxico Buress.......

i like him, he came up big for us ALOT last year. but some games it was like he wasnt even on the field. but he is growing into a star reciever. i like watching tiki barber too so the giants are ok by me
Old 10-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,019 Times in 4,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well at least i ain't the only one here that still likes plax and hopes he continues having great sucess
no youre not the only one. i think plex is great for eli and vice versa. our offense didnt quite maximize his skills. it looks like hes one of those types of receivers who needs to be heavilly involved to keep focus. hes making some great catches and blocking real well for the giants. being a steeler definitely made him a better player. i bet vikings are kicking themselves for not signing him and to a lesser degree the eagles. i thought hed be better off with 1 of those teams but now i think he is in the perfect position. eli will benefit more than anyone. funny how no one has even mentionned a sophmore slump with eli. i dont know if its the uniforms or what but plex looks even taller and more yoked now. hes definitely a beast and for lacking randy moss speed is doing a good job getting open.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #13
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well at least i ain't the only one here that still likes plax and hopes he continues having great sucess
Even though he left Pittsburgh, he' still one of my favorite recievers. Glad to see him have a nice game, I usually switch to the Giants games to see how he's doing.

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #14
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Plax is a true talent, but his work ethic and personality did not mesh with the Steelers. He'll be good with the Giant's as long as he's is THE star receiver and as long as Coughlin can put up with his antics. It's good to see him doing well though, and I'm sure he'll be equally as happy for us when we bring it home without him this year!

....it would be cool if the NFL expanded into Mexico and Plax played for the Mexican team..."Plaxico en Mexico." I can see it already!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #15
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
No doubt he can have breakout games like this, the problem is will he continue to do it or will he get kinda bored like he did here. Not to mention I don't think Coughlin will let him off for Mother's Day as well so then he'll get tired of that too. I think he is just riding high on new location/scenery.
He's in a new home, w/ new faces..he's happy for a while, and yeah he had some big games for us..but what you look for in a WR is consistency..and Plax was anything but during his career to this point.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #16
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
He's in a new home, w/ new faces..he's happy for a while, and yeah he had some big games for us..but what you look for in a WR is consistency..and Plax was anything but during his career to this point.
again a lot of it wasn't his fault, to be consistent you got to get the ball thrown your way more then 3 times a game.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:12 AM   #17
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

To be honest I never really cared for Plax. I heard a lot about how ignorant he was to people in the city. The other thing is he would make these great catches and miss the easy ones.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #18
sisitki
Water Boy

Member Number: 660

Quote:
again a lot of it wasn't his fault, to be consistent you got to get the ball thrown your way more then 3 times a game.
I disagree. To be an impact player you have to have it thrown more than 3 times. To be consistent, you just need to catch the 3 that are thrown to you.

His consistency frustrated me but for some reason, I always liked Plaxico. I hope he does well in NY. He didn't fit in here. Yes, we are a running team but he also was never going to be the man at WR. Everyone is too in love with Ward (for good reason).
sisitki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 PM   #19
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier4Steelers
we always knew he could make big plays, im just suprised he hasnt dropped any passes yet. i think he is the best wr in the corner of the endzone with those lobs.
I guess u missed the 10 passes he has dropped from week 1 lol and he has 3 flags for offsides so far ,yes he can have a break out game but 1 game is likly 2 would be shocking lol.and u have to realize they played a team who was double teaming shockey not plax so he never got coverd the whole game.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #20
slashsteel

Member Number:

The guy is a incident waiting to happen. Yes he will do well at times, but watch and see if he is consistant. I think you will see more of the late to meeting/excuses plax, more than the big play plax. Only thing that does get my goat was that we got nothing for him. I still feel to this day we should have tagged and traded him. As we picked high for him + he had big games, you can bet we would at least got a 2nd or third for him.