Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Poor Bungals...

I just looked at their Wikipedia entry...pretty sad, really. Not much to be proud of. Ugly uniforms, only one HOFer (They try to claim Paul Brown, but, c'mon!), No SB MVP's, no Pro Bowl MVP's, really, just a random collection of under-achieveing nonsense.

Of particular note is the "Contributions to NFL Culture" section. The "Ickey Shuffle" was the best they could do, and that had the shelf-life of a Milli Vanilli song. Then the author shows his ignorance by trying to say the Steelers attempted to steal the worst team chant ever in "Who Dey"(I've been to a ton of Steelers games both in the stadium and sports bars...I've never heard a single Steelers fan anywhere ever utter that chant ever...anyone else ever hear it?) He finally wraps it up by giving undue credit to Sam Wyche for the use of the no-huddle offense...

Here's the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Bengals

All in all, this entry represents the works of a clearly underachieving and sub-par group of jealous and disgruntled fans who have been so starved of a winning program for so long they try to project their own loser mentality onto winning teams. That we have a bunch of misguided Bungals fans on this board expounding about their "imminent wins" against us before they've even played a single competent and competitive NFL team is just a given, I guess. The undefeated record, I suppose, just makes it worse.

If only the NFL season were a mere 4 games long, the Bungles fans would have much to cheer about...unfortunately, reality will set in soon for them. It always sucks, too...they are the fans that it's most fun to make fun of. They usually disappear at week 8, but we might have them to kick around all season this year...here's hoping that the mediocrity takes a week or two longer to rear it's ugly head this year!

Go Bungles! Lose a little less this year!
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Poor Bungals...

Doh !!!!!!!!!!! Looks like some people just got owned!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Primetime
Water Boy

Member Number: 685

Ahhhhhhh Reality.......Do you really think there is one Bungals Fan that knows what that is? Enjoyed reading your post Suit, thanks.
Primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Bengals all-time record: 240-308-0
Steelers all-time record: 510-499-21

If that isn't enough...

Super Bowl Championships:
IX, X, XIII, XIV

AFC Championships:
1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1995

AFC Central Division Championships:
1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001

AFC Northern Division Championships: 2002, 2004

Now the HOF'ers...

Mel Blount
(1989)

Terry Bradshaw
(1989)

Bill Dudley
(1966)

Joe Greene
(1987)

Jack Ham
(1988)

Franco Harris
(1990)

John Henry Johnson
(1987)

Walt Kiesling
(1966)

Jack Lambert
(1990)

Bobby Layne
(1967)

Chuck Noll
(1993)

Art Rooney
(1964)

Dan Rooney
(2000)

John Stallworth
(2002)

Ernie Stautner
(1969)

Lynn Swann
(2001)
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Keep all this in mind when they Own the Steelers on the 23rd
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Keep all this in mind when they Own the Steelers on the 23rd
See? This is why people don't take you seriously...act like you've been there before, buddy...

(Then again, you may be young and don't know what it's like).

If your team wins by one point, it won't be an "owning", it'll just be a win. If your team loses (as they probably will) then you just look like an ass...
Old 10-03-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Ok, I love this topic because I live right in the heart af all the fair weather Bengals fans. I will say that there have been a few that have been die hard fans even through the bad times (which would honestly take a lot)! However, those are the fans that might talk a little trash, but they are still in touch with reality. The ones saying 16-0 and all that non sense, I guarentee just because Bengal fans within the past 2 yrs. For the die hards, they do have every right to be excited right now, and they are usually not the ones talking so much. The thing that pisses me off are all these "so called fans" coming out of the wood work now...just because they have a decent team.

It's still early in the season, who knows what could happen....but I think some Bengal fans feel they have already clinched the division....well those people might be just setting you all up for a heartache!

Oh and Ben you know I luv ya...but all these fair weather fans aren't going to keep the Black and Gold from over taking your "jungle" Never forget Cincinnati is our Home away from Home!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO...Oct 23rd we will make the jungle rock!!!!

Oh and just for the record...the Bengals didn't even start "who dey" I will ask my Dad tonight who did...and the only time I have ever heard a steelers fan say who Dey is after we spank them in their "home" and steelers fans just inform them of who we are and what we just did to them! Not to mention the only ones stealing anything is them...stealing out "terrible towel" and creating a "jungle towel"! Can't they come up with anything themselves???

Sorry to all my Bengal fans that I love...you guys are great...but I think even you can agree with me here....it's going overboard around here...and some of these bandwagoners need to be put in their place! Luv ya all!
Old 10-03-2005, 06:49 PM   #8
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
See? This is why people don't take you seriously...act like you've been there before, buddy...

(Then again, you may be young and don't know what it's like).

If your team wins by one point, it won't be an "owning", it'll just be a win. If your team loses (as they probably will) then you just look like an ass...
The Bengals won't lose at home, you might beat us in ketchup field but not in the Jungle.......You guys complain our schedule is easy, 3-4 years ago the bengals would lose to the easiest team in the league and find a way to beat the best...We all know your not the best by far but your good win or lose it will be a good game, and why is it your championships are posted but you didn't post any of the bengals afc championships.....Also your franchise has been around a lot longer so you have played more games then ours, we will eventually have wins and losses like yours, after we play enough games that is.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

"Who Dey" was started in New Orleans...the Bengals don't even have enough motivation to come up with their own chant...

For Bunguls21: We had a few trap games against your bungholes where the Steelers took a game off and ended up losing...I'm pretty sure those days are over. This will be our best against your best, and there can be very little doubt as to the outcome...
Old 10-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #10
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
"Who Dey" was started in New Orleans...the Bengals don't even have enough motivation to come up with their own chant...

For Bunguls21: We had a few trap games against your bungholes where the Steelers took a game off and ended up losing...I'm pretty sure those days are over. This will be our best against your best, and there can be very little doubt as to the outcome...
Really most of the times we have lost in Cincy, it really hasn't mattered to us. We usually have the division clinched and possibly home field by then or close to it. They usually beat us late in the season at home...this time it matters and I don't see us losing!