Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Steelers' Big Ben, Cards' Whisenhunt hold back

Quote:
"I know what Matt's going through," Roethlisberger answered, laughing.

Whisenhunt, appraised of that remark, asked a reporter in Arizona yesterday, "Is that good or bad? I think Ben had a couple of perfect passer ratings and I think he won a Super Bowl, so if that's a product of it, then that's not bad."
Good reply by Whiz even though I would just drop it and let Ben do the yapping. I particulary enjoyed the part about winning one of those things.......what are they called?!?!........yeah, not many QB's win one.......in their early 20's nonetheless.......oh yeah! A Super Bowl ring!

Eh, like I said....can't wait until this week is over and game time arrives. Then next week we can hear about how the Seahawks were cheated in XL and how many big macs Holmgren can put down in a 2 minute span.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

well at least this wasnt as bad as some of the stuff he has said... lol..

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I think this whole thing between Ben and Whiz is all from the way last season went and the early offseason. Ben took almost all the blame for last season while Whiz was out there interviewing for a job promotion I could understand why Ben might be holding a bit of a grudge over that even though he did deserve alot of the blame. As far as Whiz not getting the Steelers job I thought that was good for Pittsburgh because their coordinators don't ussually pan out to well as headcoaches.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:18 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im suprised ken would even get into it that deep.
I'm guessing the guy could only sit back and take so many punches before he finally decided to stand up for himself. I can't say that I blame him, but like I said, I would have simply ignored the shots while also coming away the bigger man. It shouldn't be worth his time and air.

But, that's just the way I would have handled the situation and I can't blame the guy for the way he handled it. Who knows what else he could have said.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
Ben took almost all the blame for last season while Whiz was out there interviewing for a job promotion I could understand why Ben might be holding a bit of a grudge over that even though he did deserve alot of the blame. As far as Whiz not getting the Steelers job I thought that was good for Pittsburgh because their coordinators don't ussually pan out to well as headcoaches.
I respectfully disagree rog. The coaching staff took more heat than anybody last season.

"They brought Ben back way too early"

"Cowher doesn't care about the team. He has North Carolina on his mind."

"Whisenhunt is thinking about his HC'ing future"

Ben was given a pass because of his decision to ride a motorcycle minus a helmet and a license on the city streets of Pittsburgh. He was given a pass because of his concussions. He was given a pass because of his surgery.

Ben took very little heat for last years failures. I'm not stating/arguing that he should or shouldn't have, but I am stating that he did not take nearly as much heat as the coaching staff did in this city. From fans in particular.

I agree with you completely on not hiring Whisenhunt. Personally, I thought he was going to be our next HC, but that's not what I wanted. Always hire outside of the organization when your shopping for a new HC (just my opinion).
Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #16
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

So Tomlin tells Ben to lay off the Whiz comments and Ben (apparently unaware that it is not too hard to find out what you say to out of town reporters) then makes the crack about knowing what Leinart is going through?

I obviously am delighted Ben is doing a proficient job at QB so far, but this immature behavior does not reflect well on him and is a diss of Tomlin's apparent instructions to STFU (but then again Ben has already said Tomlin has no ground to comment on how much circumstances have changed since last season since Tomlin does not knwo what went on with the Steelers last season)

Hopefully after Sunday night Ben will have this out of his system - it is way beyond tiresome
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,311 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hopefully after Sunday night Ben will have this out of his system - it is way beyond tiresome
At least it's not dogfighting.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
At least it's not dogfighting.
Or failing your drug test while awaiting sentencing
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #19
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
I respectfully disagree rog. The coaching staff took more heat than anybody last season.

"They brought Ben back way too early"

"Cowher doesn't care about the team. He has North Carolina on his mind."

"Whisenhunt is thinking about his HC'ing future"

Ben was given a pass because of his decision to ride a motorcycle minus a helmet and a license on the city streets of Pittsburgh. He was given a pass because of his concussions. He was given a pass because of his surgery.

Ben took very little heat for last years failures. I'm not stating/arguing that he should or shouldn't have, but I am stating that he did not take nearly as much heat as the coaching staff did in this city. From fans in particular.

I agree with you completely on not hiring Whisenhunt. Personally, I thought he was going to be our next HC, but that's not what I wanted. Always hire outside of the organization when your shopping for a new HC (just my opinion).

MAybe it was just my close friends that made me think Ben took all the blame because all they did was blame him mostly for not wearing the helmet. I do believe that during the season Whiz thought he already had the Steelers job that was a big reason he didn't take one somewhere else the year before. Cowher may have taking alot of heat after the season but during the season all I heard was Ben this and Ben that but most of that was coming from my father-in-law (who wants them to get rid of every QB that throws a pick for the first time by the way) and guys at work that don't even pay much attention to the games in my opinion.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
MAybe it was just my close friends that made me think Ben took all the blame because all they did was blame him mostly for not wearing the helmet. I do believe that during the season Whiz thought he already had the Steelers job that was a big reason he didn't take one somewhere else the year before. Cowher may have taking alot of heat after the season but during the season all I heard was Ben this and Ben that but most of that was coming from my father-in-law (who wants them to get rid of every QB that throws a pick for the first time by the way) and guys at work that don't even pay much attention to the games in my opinion.
Personally, I blamed him for riding the bike in the first place after being told to put it away by a number of people (including coaching staff), but that's a dead topic and it's in the past now. No point in getting into that story.

But like I said, I'm not arguing whether or not Ben deserved the free passes or the very little heat he did take, but the very small amount of heat Ben took in this city could not compare to the beating the coaching staff took every week.

At least from what I saw, read and heard last season.