Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-28-2007, 12:22 AM   #11
BlackGoldBlood
Water Boy

Member Number: 7051
Default Re: Steelers of late always slow to get respect

Only thing that bothers me is that the fact the Steelers are so underrated is a really bad comment about the quality of general football analysis in the media.

If you measure quality of a team by how well they do in the playoffs, and measure the strength of a team by what it has done in recent years (say the past 6 years), the rank goes #1 Pats #2 Steelers #3 Colts.

I think the Steelers are seen as kind of villains. The bad guys that are always one of the best and who actually not only win football games but do long term damage to teams through physical play and pure intimidation. I like that. Much rather be a fan of this bad-ass team than the fairy-tale teams in New England and Indianapolis.
BlackGoldBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 AM   #12
jack4patriots
Banned

Member Number: 256
Cool Re: Steelers of late always slow to get respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36idf View Post
Hey I still haven't heard much about the steelers around sports t.v. or radio. This seems to be the case over, and over including our championchip year. All I hear is about the Colts & Patriots, and even the Chargers, and how sooooooo talented they are. We have the youngest quaterback ever to win a superbowl. Not to mention his rookie starting record. We constantly are among the elite in defense, and all I hear about is the Ravens. Our running back is running for 100 yards a game time, and time again, and all I hear is L.T., and Larry Johnson. Where is all the black, and Gold around the sports stories? Last years numbers were among the top in the NFL if it weren't for all the int's. I am sick, and could just laugh when we were predicted to come in 3rd in our division amongst sports writers. Yeah The Ravens kicked our butts last year, but we beat the bangels to finish the season, and shoul have beat them inthe first game. We definitly outplayed them. They'll jump on the bandwagon at about week 14 after we go after the Pats.
Peace & Grace- Black & Gold
The Steelers are & have been one of the 3 power teams over the past several years...IMO, the 3 include your Steelers, my Patriots and the Colts. I think thats pretty easy to agree upon.

I think fans of each team looks forward to the games when we play one another as the highlights of our respective seasons. It's wierd now that all 3 of us have won SB's recently. I laughed at Charger fans who were trying to tell me they were one of the elite teams...now look at them....bottom line is "ya gotta earn it"! and that is only done by consistently being at or near the top over several years.

Our game will be one to get all fired up over. But we have a long wait ahead.

here's to both teams staying healthy so we can be at our best for that game. Your fans always travel up to New England for the games you play us...can't miss the ol' black & gold!
jack4patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #13
jack4patriots
Banned

Member Number: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by verks36 View Post
WOWOWOWOWOW

I witnesed the most disrespectful thing TODAY on ESPN.
ON Jim Rome is Burning
The sports analysis Just said quote,

"Yes the Patriots are the real deal looking ahead at their schedule the only teams who will be underdogs by less than a touchdown are the COLTS AND THE COWBOYS."

NOT the STEELERS ARE YOU JOKING ME
Either Rome forgot the Patriots were playing the Steelers or he's just stupid.
jack4patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #14
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Media doesn't show us enough love.

Media showing us love is a bad thing. Better to stay under the radar.

Praise us, hate us....I don't really care. Scratch that, I do not care in the least bit. The final score after four quarters is all I care about.
83-Steelers-43 is EXACTLY RIGHT! In years past, when the media started praising the Steelers, the Steelers started losing games that they should have been winning.
It was as if the Steelers players started believing the hype and they began to play with less intensity.

Look at all of the Cowher teams that were "media favorites" to win the AFC and move on to the Super Bowl. Well as we all know it worked against us most of the time.
Cowher's one Super Bowl victory was achieved when we were the underdogs, the un-mentioned, so let's roll with that again this season and see what happens.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:31 AM   #15
prodrivewrx2nv
Water Boy

Member Number: 4808

I'm just sick of the media still talking about Ben's accident and his appendectomy. It's almost as if they are trying to jinx him....

We are definitely going to beat the Pats.....
prodrivewrx2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I'm with 83 on this one. Who the hell cares what the media thinks or doesn't think? We know what these Steelers are made of and from their play thus far, so does the coaching staff and team, so why get your panties in a bunch over what a group of self-proclaimed soothsayers think?

Just like the 2005 magical season - it's going to be great seeing those morons making the mad dash to backpedal with a big ol' on their faces.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

"Some of the things people spend time talking about are irrelevant to me in terms of preparing to play a football game," Tomlin added.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #18
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
i have to disagree with you. i have seen us a ton on espn and the front page of various football websites. allan rossum was just on espn first take yesterday. everywhere i have seen has us in the top 3 or 4.. thats not really flying under the radar imo.
I don't know where you live so that might have an affect. I however have 3 espns that I watch regularly. Literally the only thing I watch. I have yet to see a mention of us as legit contenders.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #19
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
shhhh.

dont blow our cover.

were flying under the radar.

we like being the underdogs.

or do we?

It has some benefits definitly, but since they only play once a week I think part of the fun during the season is hearing about how good your team is. Seeing them, and hearing about them in the media, gives me something to chew on during the week. If it wasn't for this forum I'd be goin' NUTS!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #20
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

[I think the Steelers are seen as kind of villains. The bad guys that are always one of the best and who actually not only win football games but do long term damage to teams through physical play and pure intimidation. I like that. Much rather be a fan of this bad-ass team than the fairy-tale teams in New England and Indianapolis.[/QUOTE]

I agre whole heartedly. The Steelers are always going to give you a SMASH IN THE MOUTH B-A-B-Y!!!!!!!