Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #21
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089
Default Re: Steelers of late always slow to get respect

[
Look at all of the Cowher teams that were "media favorites" to win the AFC and move on to the Super Bowl. Well as we all know it worked against us most of the time.
Cowher's one Super Bowl victory was achieved when we were the underdogs, the un-mentioned, so let's roll with that again this season and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

No argument there. I however don't need to be praised as the greatest team I think the media likes to set teams up for failure, it makes great news. A mention here or ther as contenders however would be great.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #22
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Originally Posted by .24lockdown View Post
i find this to be true as well. and they love to point out that our competition has been weak.
willie parker is the nfl's leading rusher in yards and i have barely heard 2 words about him.
This theory works if they didn't know our schedule before sports ill. put us third in our division. Not many teams finish third in their division with a 3-0 start. Hopefully 4-0 after this week.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #23
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGoldBlood View Post
Only thing that bothers me is that the fact the Steelers are so underrated is a really bad comment about the quality of general football analysis in the media.

If you measure quality of a team by how well they do in the playoffs, and measure the strength of a team by what it has done in recent years (say the past 6 years), the rank goes #1 Pats #2 Steelers #3 Colts.

I think the Steelers are seen as kind of villains. The bad guys that are always one of the best and who actually not only win football games but do long term damage to teams through physical play and pure intimidation. I like that. Much rather be a fan of this bad-ass team than the fairy-tale teams in New England and Indianapolis.

You could be describing my Raiders back in the day................. man, how I long for back in the day. ....................
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #24
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

the steelers are getting pretty good respect from the guys at sirius. there are some real great shows on there. it is not the kind of opinions you get from jim rome or a show like that, instead it is 24/7 breakdown of real teams and matchups. i am addicted since i bought my radio.

"movin the chains" has been giving love to the steelers all along, and adam schein is coming around as well. sirius is 95% of my nfl information, and i love what i have been hearing about pittsburgh. nobody says they are going to the super bowl, but they do realize that the steelers are for real. love their stuff, check it out.

here we go steelers!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #25
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

I agree no wants to us any props but, we seem to play better with a chip on our shoulder. Also none of those so called experts thought we would go that super championship run we had in 05. I live in Delaware and, all I hear Ravens & eagles and skins but, I still wear the colors proud big ben & heath miller jersey's. It does make my mad about how the media beat ben and the steelers up last year and this they want even speak about us. It's cool once we crush the pats & ravens then and only then will we get their attention. I bleed black and gold!!!!!
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:54 PM   #26
bratsinmybelly
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2703

I really feel that our perceived lack of respect and our actual lack of attention is due to the fact that we are consistently good. We have been steady contenders since the early 70's. Sure we've had our bad years but we have remained among the league's elite for some 30 years now. The media only pays attention to us when we stink b/c THAT'S news. The media is always trying to get the "latest " stories. Pittsburgh being a contender is not a "fresh" story. We're always contenders. The only time the media get fired up about the Steelers is when we stink. That, if you ask me, is the true definition of respect.
bratsinmybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:06 AM   #27
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,519 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

We as steeler nation nows what we have and what we can do who cares what everybody else thinks when we pop up in the playoffs then maybe they will know we are for real.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #28
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

The only people that are going to show the Steelers respect are the fans of the teams we thump on Sunday. On Monday they will say "wow, they are good, don't know why anyone isn't talking about them." And when time comes for the commentators to "show love" to the Steelers, they will be doing what the rest of the nation demands they do, cause after 16 weeks of thumping and destroying all in our path, the story will be, "wow, they are the best team I've seen in years." and Finally, they will recognize our greatness. Steelers football will be all the buzz tomorrow morning around water coolers in the office in Arizona. No doubt about it.
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #29
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGoldBlood View Post
I think the Steelers are seen as kind of villains. The bad guys that are always one of the best and who actually not only win football games but do long term damage to teams through physical play and pure intimidation. I like that. Much rather be a fan of this bad-ass team than the fairy-tale teams in New England and Indianapolis.
Nah, I disagree. The Steelers are seen as the good guys around the league. Good guys who will still **** you up, but good guys nonetheless. They are one of the classiest organizations in sports with a roster full of team-oriented players.

Like someone already mentioned, we don't get any love when we're good because that's the status quo. You know how much attention we got last year. Last year was the anomaly.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #30
chenzzo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7297

I think one of the reasons the Steelers don't get more love or more exposure is because they don't play flashy football like the Pats or the Colts. We don't have one guy that's the star and gets all the exposure. We have a full team of hard workers who make the plays that need to get made without a lot of fuss. The Steelers play old-school, hard knocks football, that isn't always pretty, but gets the job done. Sure we have some highlight reel plays, but I get the feeling that our guys aren't looking for that, they just want the win, so they can get ready for the next game.

just my two cents.