Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 PM   #1
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Sh*t on Bengals fans

this is too funny.
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/309270023

from PFT

BENGALS WANT TO GO HUNTING

There's a bit of a pigeon problem at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.

As it turns out, the pigeons have been dropping their business on fans, and in their food and beverages. (We presume that no version of the five-second rule applies when something like that happens.)

The Bengals have a low-tech solution to the problem. They want to shoot them. With guns.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Eric Brown, the managing director of Paul Brown Stadium Ltd., has suggested hunting the pigeons as a "cost-effective way to get this problem under control."

Fan noise on game days used to drive the pigeons away, but the birds have adapted. The bang-bang alternative, per Brown, "would be done discreetly during times when there is little activity in the stadium."

Look, we realize that it's a problem that needs to be solved. But at a time when the NFL is still reeling from the fallout of the Mike Vick case, which involved fighting dogs to the death and the killing of dogs that were deemed unworthy of fighting to the death, shouldn't the Bengals exhaust every other possible option before suggesting the killing of the birds?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,092 Posts
Default Re: Sh*t on Bengals fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post

The Bengals have a low-tech solution to the problem. They want to shoot them. With guns.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, Eric Brown, the managing director of Paul Brown Stadium Ltd., has suggested hunting the pigeons as a "cost-effective way to get this problem under control."

?
will someone please tell Eric Brown it is not wise to score and smoke reefer with, and discuss on the job problems with chris henry?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Bengals: Let us cut the poop
BY JANE PRENDERGAST AND MARK CURNUTTE | JPRENDERGAST@ENQUIRER.COM AND MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM
Operators of Paul Brown Stadium want permission from the city to kill birds that have been pooping on Bengals fans.

Pigeon droppings have been falling on patrons and into their food and beverages, according to a letter to the city from Eric Brown, managing director of Paul Brown Stadium Ltd., which runs the stadium for Hamilton County, which owns it.

He asked in his letter that stadium employees who are familiar with firearms be allowed to shoot birds a few days prior to an event, adding that company officials believe the shooting to be a “cost-effective way to get this problem under control.”

City officials are working with stadium officials on both the legalities of killing the birds as well as the means by which they might be killed, said city spokeswoman Meg Olberding.

The bird issue becomes public just as Cincinnati is preparing to again be center stage as the home of a Monday Night Football game. Mayor Mark Mallory is touting the game as a way to highlight the positives of Cincinnati, asking employers to encourage their workers to wear orange and black Monday. Downtown office buildings will be lit up, and 17 downtown restaurants promise food and drink specials.

The bird problem solved itself initially, with fan noise on game days driving the birds away, said Bob Bedinghaus, the Bengals’ director of development. But the birds apparently have adapted. In fact, pigeon poop has become such a big problem around the National Football League, he said, that officials have discussed it at league meetings and stadium management meetings.

"Like every other big building in the city, pigeons make their way to our building,” Bedinghaus said Thursday. “In three of the four corners of the club level, they land and are an irritant during the week. We have to clean up a lot of bird poop. We’re looking for options to rid ourselves of these little critters.”

Brown, in his letter, wrote that any shooting “would be done discreetly during times when there is little activity in the stadium.”

Cincinnati’s municipal code, Sec. 701-15, says no person shall kill, wound, maim or injure any bird. But that doesn’t apply to any city employee or officer acting in accordance with another statute, Sec. 701-17, which says when birds and animals create a nuisance, the city manager is authorized “to use all necessary means” to destroy the nuisance-creators.

Brown’s letter said the bird carcasses would be placed in black plastic bags and deposited into the stadium’s trash compactor.

Several fans who sit in the club (middle) level have complained to the Bengals about getting hit with poop, Bedinghaus said. The birds land on “innumerable” pipes and beams in the stadium canopy - and in the corners of the stadium, the canopy hangs over the seating bowl of the club level.

Other solutions being investigated, he said, include strobe lights, noise makers (which can’t be used during games) prickly coverings for horizontal surfaces, fake owls and netting.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,092 Posts

i heard m. vicks virginia neighborhood had a dog poop problem.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
you should send that in to PFT.. they might use that for their daily pic.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
He asked in his letter that stadium employees who are familiar with firearms be allowed to shoot birds a few days prior to an event, adding that company officials believe the shooting to be a “cost-effective way to get this problem under control.”
I guess this means Chris Henry might come back early....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Cleveland sends it's pigeons downs there to poop. So does Dayton, Middletown, Columbus, most of Ohio's cities, because the Bengals suck them in.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #10
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
you should send that in to PFT.. they might use that for their daily pic.
Here is the e-mail tacobill@profootballtalk.com