Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-04-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122
Default Trade Brett Favre?

Dan Patrick was going off today on ESPN radio because he apparently got alot of e-mails saying Brett should either accept a trade to another team or be willing to sit the bench soAaron Rogers can get reps in with the first string offense since he's the "quarterback of the future."

I think either situation is just ridiculous to suggest. #4 has been that organization all these years and now people are saying this is what it should come to? Put the crack pipe down people!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: Trade Brett Favre?

Trade him? Sure...after he just passed for 303 yards and 4 TD's against one of the better defenses in the league...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

I think Brett should remain the starter this year.

At some point you do have to put in you Future quaterback.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well they'll be stupid to trade their franchise because he's done so much for them. arron rogers will be a bust i can guarantee you that i loved watching him slip in the draft and just to let you know why i don't like him is because i was listening to him on the jim rome show on the radio and he was bitching about not getting the rose bowl and then in the holiday bowl he pulls an all out choke so that's why i think he's gonna be a bust plus the system he played in made him look like a good qb, look what happened to joey harrington and what's happening to david carr right now they got taught by the same dude. anyway i wouldn't want to start him over farve even though farve is done as a decent qb and you wouldn't get jack shit in a trade be lucky to get a fourth rounder cause right now all he is, is a name not a good player anymore
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
Soldier4Steelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 648

he needs to get out before he j's up and jerry rice's his career. he can still get it done, but the team isnt there for him like it was with freeman and the superbowl team. if he gets traded he will suck, like koopa said GB is a throwing team, the only other team he would be good in would be the vikings and maybe the raiders right now. i went to alot of CAL games arron rogers was only good because he had a RB that ran for ever 100 yards a game every game
Old 10-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Rodgers is gonna be a bust.

Trave Favre?No way,right now he IS that franchise.He leaves,I think a lot of fans stop going to games and they lose any and all media coverage.GB can't afford that.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #7
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer

Trave Favre?No way,right now he IS that franchise.He leaves,I think a lot of fans stop going to games and they lose any and all media coverage.GB can't afford that.
Yeah! There would be a major negative backlash from GB fans if the Pack came down on Favre.
If heads start to roll in Green Bay I think Mike Sherman is gone first even though he just got a contract extension.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer

you hit the nail on the head. the fans own that team (literally). bad move to trade or bench him and there would be a severe backlash.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

He'll play out the year as the starter, probably set some records along the way, and retire while he's still relatively at the top of his game....Patrick is just wrong on this one.

Aaron Rodgers was most certainly a system QB...that doesn't necessarily mean he can't succeed at the next level, but him sitting this year is going to do him a whole lot of good towards giving him a chance to succeed.

Green Bay really missed the boat on Rodgers IMO...Charlie Frye would have been a much better selection for them. He is a gamer, like Favre, and plays hurt...in fact, I've seen him actually play better when he was dinged up. Some guys are just wired that way. I think Rodgers will turn out to be "Glass Joe", especially with a not so great OL in GB....the fans up in the Great White North will not be very happy with a nancy boy at the helm...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote