Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106
Default Re: Pats & Belicheat Sued For $184 Million For Cheating

This lawsuit is the biggest joke.

I guess anytime anything controversial happens everyone is ready to stand around with their hands extended.

So is he going to split this money with everyone who has been to these games? Only those who have their ticket stubs? The pure logistics of this makes my head spin.

People like this should be hung, drawn, and quartered...
Old 09-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I wonder if this idiot has legal representation. I know attorneys can be douchebags (except AD of course ) but I can't imagine any attorney taking this case.

Oh wait a minute - yes I can. My former boss took a case where a woman claimed she purchased a Snickers bar from the now defunct G.C. Murphy Co., opened it, found it infested with maggots and claims she beat her husband with a toaster because the maggots she ate caused her to go "mad". End result? The court awarded her the cost of the candy bar.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #13
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
This lawsuit is the biggest joke.

I guess anytime anything controversial happens everyone is ready to stand around with their hands extended.

So is he going to split this money with everyone who has been to these games? Only those who have their ticket stubs? The pure logistics of this makes my head spin.

People like this should be hung, drawn, and quartered...
You guys are all missing the point, this story on the lawsuit is all about making the original revelation seem trivial. Who broke this story??? Oh yeah ESPN, theres your first clue.

Patsies and anyone who would still claim them are scum. PERIOD. BTW litp, couldn't help but notice that you changed that lame sig which quoted Da Kraftmeister spouting prophetic on the virtues of doing things "The Right Way" lol

You had a good run but U and the patsie mystique are all played out.
See Ya.

Last edited by rbryan; 09-29-2007 at 02:52 AM.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I wonder if this idiot has legal representation. I know attorneys can be douchebags (except AD of course ) but I can't imagine any attorney taking this case.
:
Plaintiffs are self-described "public interest lawyers" who filed the class action lawsuit on their own behalf, providing a real life illustration of the adage "anyone who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Class actions are notorious money makers for the attorneys but not members of the class - when I received notice several years ago that (unbeknownst to me) I was a member of the "class" of Blockbuster customers who had paid rental late fees, the other class members and I each got a coupon for a free rental as our settlement benefits and the attorneys representing the class were paid several million bucks in attorney's fees by Blockbuster.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
You guys are all missing the point, this story on the lawsuit is all about making the original revelation seem trivial. Who broke this story??? Oh yeah ESPN, theres your first clue.

Patsies and anyone who would still claim them are scum. PERIOD. BTW litp, couldn't help but notice that you changed that lame sig which quoted Da Kraftmeister spouting prophetic on the virtues of doing things "The Right Way" lol

You had a good run but U and the patsie mystique are all played out.
See Ya.
Ah. The tiresome ESPN theory makes its umpteenth appearance this year - I guess not many people agree with you - bearing in mind it doesn;'t take much to get an anti-patriots bandwagon rolling thse days.

Most people probably just think you are oddly delusional, including me.

Which is probably why you can't see past the 'mystique' that was ironically created by the media you have such a weird obsession with.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #16
rbryan
Team President

You mean kinda like the weird obsession one must have to post over seven thousand times on the Steelers board when you're a patsie fan?

I guess you would be the authority on weird obsessions. BTW its not that hard to see past the mystique anymore.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
You mean kinda like the weird obsession one must have to post over seven thousand times on the Steelers board when you're a patsie fan?

I guess you would be the authority on weird obsessions. BTW its not that hard to see past the mystique anymore.

Its hardly an obession to post on a board where you like some of the posters - by that I mean those who are capable of talking football without frothing at the mouth or resorting to sounding like an unwanted extra from an episode of the X-files.

I guess you really did buy into the ESPN 'mystique - how do they do it' set up by ESPN and mass media like them - it was designed as an easy 'out' for people too lazy or uneducated to actually see what was happening on and off the football field.

Hey, it only took you 6 years or so - so its not all bad.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #18
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

LITP,

Would it be possible to get a camera into the Bengals Locker room?

I think all of us would like to find out once and for all what the crap TJ Houshmandzadeh puts into his hair.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
rbryan
Team President

No froth here Nigel. The patsies have been exposed as the cheaters that I always knew they were. Sorry if that revelation has your knickers in a twist. Must be like when a child finds out that there really isn't a Santa Claus.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
LITP,

would it be possible to get a camera into the Bengals Locker room?

I think all of us would like to find out once and for all what the crap TJ Houshmandzadeh puts into his hair.
Its funny you should mention that.........

We already did that

http://play.rbn.com/play.asx?url=nfl...s?mswmext=.asx