Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Bruce Arians and a bankrupt game plan

How sweet is Santonio Holmes?

When Tomlin said we're running Parker until the wheels come off did Arians have a plan for what happens when the wheels did come off?

Cedrick Wilson should just go away. WTF. Youthful mistakes is not an acceptable reason. And Nate? < Sigh. >

It takes 10 "atta boy"'s to make up for one "oooops!" Ben's decision to throw into double coverage at that juncture of the game is NOT what leaders do. OOOOPs. I'll be watching for the 10 atta boys.

Tomlin is not the offensive coordinator.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087
Default Re: Bruce Arians and a bankrupt game plan

Nate Washington plays with his head up his a$$
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Glace
Team Captain

Member Number: 3609

Lets not forget all the talk that Ben could change plays any time he wants and has as much "freedom" as he wants to run the offense.

I saw him pointing out blocking schemes and such a couple times....not much audible-ing.
Glace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #4
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

My opinion is as follows:

A-Ben must understand that he does not always have to get the six pointer each and every time he is within 10 yards. When he forced the pass this time, he did not even look at other choices. He has got to train him self to NOT to lock on to a receiver and zip the ball into the narrow creases. While we get only three points and yes we are all disapointed in getting "only three" the last part of this game is played differntly, when you down by eleven maybe you go for two after the last touch down we got etc.

Ben however is a superior athletic QB and we should be grateful for having him as our guy. He will learn but even the guy that broke Marino's record today still has never fully learned NOT to force the ball on occasion.

B-I am a little concerned about the offensive line more than anything else. Ben was under alot of pressure and Parker did not have much room to run.

C-I give the Whis credit the Cardinal played "Steeler Tuff".

We beat Seattle next week and we are in great shape going into the bye week.

This team was never going undefeated but it must learn from each game and stay hungry.

Michael
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
Bigsteve332310
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2248

Carey Davis sucks and hasnt done anything...running games struggling and sitting on the bench is one of the best run blocking fullbacks in the game that could be in blowin open some holes.
Bigsteve332310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277

not sure id say our running game is struggling, this was the first bad game weve had, and dont forget, russ grimm knows every weekness that our oline has and he exploited it, he may not be the d coordinator, but i feel he had an awful lot to do with our struggles today.....buy the way, when were getting non stop blitzed all damn day, wouldnt it make a little sense to throw a screen pass or two, i was screaming for it all day and it never happened..why?
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsteve332310 View Post
Carey Davis sucks and hasnt done anything...running games struggling and sitting on the bench is one of the best run blocking fullbacks in the game that could be in blowin open some holes.
I wouldn't go so far as to say Davis sucks - he's basically a newbie - but I do agree with you wholeheartedly that I disagree totally with him playing over Dan Kreider who is one of the top two FBs in the game today. I pretty much have agreed with everything Tomlin has done thus far, but that move still makes no sense to me.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,100 Times in 3,081 Posts

the offensive gameplan reeked.

the inflexibility and stubborness was a blast from the past.

it seemed like there was too much focus on not letting ben "show up" his prior coaches. the cardinals were fine stopping willie and letting ben beat them. the steelers shoulda accepted the challenge on the openning drive.

the uber conservative approach after a 7-0 lead made me think brian st pierre was the qb after a 30 pt lead.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Cardinals sold out to stop the run. Barely any playaction passes called. That raised a red flag with me. The playcalling was pedestrian, predictable, vanilla, and conservative at best. No wonder the offense was so horrible. The play calling was Marty Ball/Cowher re-incarnated after that first TD. Only until we went down 21-7 That the playcalling decided to go no-huddle/quick strike. Guess what? We finally scored.

It's no coincidence that when the Steelers moved into the "mix-it-up", "quick strike", "Killer Instinct attack" approach on Offense that things started getting better all around. Even the O-Line. What a piss poor gameplan.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i really didnt think we were going to miss ward THAT much. but those 9 man fronts were killing us. holmes and miller were the only other reliable receivers out there. miller was forced to stay in and block a lot though. get well soon hines!
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote