Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default I guess the Steelers can go back to being under the radar now?

I have to say the main forum made for a good laugh - even the NFL forum provided some humourous moments.... in the Browns/Ravens thread where Steeler fans were wetting their panties at the the thought of going 2 games ahead of the rest of the division

Great stuff.

Some of the best and most inventive 'positive' thoughts came in the main forum.

"Its ok to lose to the Cardinals because they are in the NFC - therefore it doesn't impact our race for the playoffs"

Playoffs?

I'd concentrate on staying ahead of the long time loser Browns before i'd start daydreaming about being in the playoffs.

I would mention that overall record does indeed have a bearing on playoff seeding, but im afraid after getting beaten by Arizona it just seems sarcastic and unhelpful.

'We are every bit as good as the Colts and Patriots', has been the pitiful whine from Steeler fans annoyed at not taking their god given position at the top of the power rankings (which no-one really cares about, right?) the last few weeks.

This week you got your wake-up call.....from the freakin' job-share QB Cardinals no less

The O-line is swiss cheese to any team with a half decent pass rush, the D falls apart when Troy isn't there to babysit the other 10 players...and the offense...where to start?

I liked Ben as a QB more than alot of Steelers, now im starting to wonder if he isn't just a mirage - a creation of a few lucky games in the playoffs a few years back.

Everything is hunky-dory when he only has to pass 15 times a game, and FWP runs for 150+ - give him any more to do than that and the wheels come off.

Still at least you have a great back-up QB to take over when Ben the hypochondriac when he decides he's hurt his little toe again..

Another amusing point is that the New Look Tomlin Steelers are a cheap facsimile of the Old Cowher Steelers - run, run, pass, run, run, pass.

Thats works against the good teams when you have decent talent - not the set of misfits and rejects the Steelers have attempted to cobble into a passable post-season contender.

Good luck against the Seahawks - you can all have a good cry together about what a hard life it is when the 'better team doesn't win' (another classic from the main forum).
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:01 AM   #2
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997
Default Re: I guess the Steelers can go back to being under the radar now?

Well... If we had video of the other teams defensive signals we could have won three titles with St. Pierre at QB

(Didn't read past the first sentence by the way, I am sure it is just more of your awesome opinion that the Chargers are being overly critisized)
Old 10-01-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
Well... If we had video of the other teams defensive signals we could have won three titles with St. Pierre at QB

(Didn't read past the first sentence by the way, I am sure it is just more of your awesome opinion that the Chargers are being overly critisized)
I'll openly admit I wasn't expecting much - and to discover you aren't capable of reading more than a single sentence in a single sitting isn't the worlds biggest surprise - but I did expect better than that effort.

Really, a video camera reference?

Nice red writing though - just like Tomlins stewardship of the Steelers - your post might have looked ok at first glance, but a closer inspection shows it to be of a very superficial nature and riddled with holes (hey..just like the Pittsburgh o-line)

I know Steeler fans can do better (mainly because it can't get any worse)...

...have a cup of coffee and try again.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:24 AM   #4
ShutDown24
Team President

Ya know… It's funny you mention good laughs... I get one every time I see your name on this board... Why? Because I only see it when something bad happens to the Steelers or good to the Patriots. You made about three posts thee whole week your team was caught cheating. What makes you come around now? Did you schedule suddenly open up? It is quite honestly genuinely funny… Hate to stray away from talking about football… When someone is as asinine as to only come around when beneficial however, it’s too good not to bring up.

Your posts are (Being 100% completely honest here...) Just really too boring to read... I mean I am not even trying to use that as an argument anymore... They really are... I rarely really laugh at stuff online but I am pretty content with the fact that I actually find your posts way too irrelevant to even look at. As rude as it might be to point out, this makes me really happy... I mean WOW this is awesome. Holy s***, I cannot even express my incredible sincerity through text. I am sure you will say something likes “Oh yeah try again nice try good argument” but I mean it really isn’t… If there is one good thing about the Super Bowl 42 champion Steelers losing today it is that you made this post…

My sincere gratitude is extended.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 AM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Oh goodness...

Here comes LITP's pontificating again...

Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 AM   #6
ShutDown24
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Oh goodness...

Here comes LITP's pontificating again...

Lol - Wonder where he learns to act so... (www.Belicheat.com anyone?)

I just honestly expect the condescending speech after we lose a game... I mean, it isn't like the Patriots have ever lost one...

Like I said though... I honestly don't care anymore... It doesn't bother me.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Y'know, when I read posts like this from a fan of a team coached by a dishonest, cheating, arrogant prick who is rewarded for his cheating by the franchise owner instead of thrown out the door on his hiney, it makes me shake my head in disbelief and wonder aloud. . . .

10,000,000,000 sperm and you are the one that escaped?

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,169 Times in 432 Posts

I guess we should have expected this from someone who spent two weeks sniveling and as a coup de grace threw up the "paragon of integrity" named Jimmy Johnson in our faces to try and justify the actions of his own organization full of 'roided up frauds and cheats. Par for the course, I suppose. I hope Palmer watches his knees tonight, I'd hate to see Wilfork "break his fall" with one of them.

Last edited by fansince'76; 10-01-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM   #9
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

lmao....
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I was rooting for the Patriots tonight...but after reading that, go Bengals.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
Closed Thread