Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,771 Times in 2,935 Posts
Default Re: I guess the Steelers can go back to being under the radar now?

from mod to

oh, how the one who thought he was so mighty has fallen.

if his posts had any merit to begin with, i might say it was sad or unfortunate.

what sucks is having to clean up an unhousetrained dingo's all over the forum.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #12
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Enjoy it while you can, LITP, your team's going down tonight.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 AM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
The O-line is swiss cheese to any team with a half decent pass rush, the D falls apart when Troy isn't there to babysit the other 10 players...and the offense...where to start?

I liked Ben as a QB more than alot of Steelers, now im starting to wonder if he isn't just a mirage - a creation of a few lucky games in the playoffs a few years back.

Still at least you have a great back-up QB to take over when Ben the hypochondriac when he decides he's hurt his little toe again..

Another amusing point is that the New Look Tomlin Steelers are a cheap facsimile of the Old Cowher Steelers - run, run, pass, run, run, pass.

Thats works against the good teams when you have decent talent - not the set of misfits and rejects the Steelers have attempted to cobble into a passable post-season contender.

Good luck against the Seahawks - you can all have a good cry together about what a hard life it is when the 'better team doesn't win' (another classic from the main forum).
Wow. I guess I just don't know as much about football as you, having only watched it and played it since I was a little kid, but I didn't see the game like this at all. This sounds a wee bit like someone who's a little defensive over his Pats getting blasted pretty hardin the media and by popular opinion. Just a tad bit of sour grapes here. You best hope your Pats beat the lowly Bungals tonight, or things are going to get quite a bit rougher for you around here.

As for the game? The defense played well enough to win in spite of our best player and defensive QB being out, the special teams gave up one big play, and the offense sputtered. There was little emotion on the offense side of the ball, and it was clear that Ben misses Ward, as he is clearly out of synch with Cedric Wilson and to a lessor degree Nate Washington. The Cards dedicated themselves to stopping the run, and Ben had a bad game. Not too sure I'd relegate him to a QB who "just had a couple lucky games", but, then again, like I said, my experience clearly pales to that of a foreigner who learned the intracies of football by watching one game a week and reading Pats message boards.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I was rooting for the Patriots tonight...but after reading that, go Bengals.
Ha ha.

Seriously?

That really is an achievement - best of luck rooting for the Bengals tonight!

Preacher - that was a great post - accused of 'pontificating' by someone who uses the online handle 'preacher' - really...irony isnt a strong suit is it?

Good enough at beating up on the Bengals - a litle quieter when its someone who can throw a few back, aren't we?

HTG - the sperm thing?

Superb.

You team still sucks and is way over-rated - make all the natural selection jokes you want.

And NC

1. Thanks

2. Thanks

3. Thanks

Oh, and Shutdown24 , I guess you'll find this post a little boring, and your attention span may have not lasted this far (but im betting it has) - I was here plenty during the 'Cameragate' hunting season.

Obviously not enough for your taste.

Which is touching.

Obessesive, but stil touching.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Wow. I guess I just don't know as much about football as you, having only watched it and played it since I was a little kid, but I didn't see the game like this at all. This sounds a wee bit like someone who's a little defensive over his Pats getting blasted pretty hardin the media and by popular opinion. Just a tad bit of sour grapes here. You best hope your Pats beat the lowly Bungals tonight, or things are going to get quite a bit rougher for you around here..
It sounds like that does it?

Well the last couple of weeks of 'listening' to Steeler fans desperately pile on the 'Cheatriots' bandwagon and you don't think you have this coming?

Selective memory at its finest.

You think there wouldn't be a bunch of smack threads should the Patriots lose to the Bengals tonight?

Naive, very naive.

The 'lowly' Bengals would only be 1 game behind the 'high and mighty' Steelers if they won tonight - but don't let facts get in the way of your fun.

Being accused of 'sour grapes; by a member of a fanbase that has embraced 'cameragate' so happily - well I better check myself out for an irony overdose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
As for the game? The defense played well enough to win in spite of our best player and defensive QB being out, the special teams gave up one big play, and the offense sputtered. There was little emotion on the offense side of the ball, and it was clear that Ben misses Ward, as he is clearly out of synch with Cedric Wilson and to a lessor degree Nate Washington. The Cards dedicated themselves to stopping the run, and Ben had a bad game. Not too sure I'd relegate him to a QB who "just had a couple lucky games", but, then again, like I said, my experience clearly pales to that of a foreigner who learned the intracies of football by watching one game a week and reading Pats message boards.
Those are the excuses - plain and simple.

The Patriots are missing their best defensive player and their defensive QB - and it hasn't stopped them going 3-0 convincingly.

Looks like shutting Willie down shuts the Steelers down - but jeez..the Cardinals?

ps. I get to watch 4 games a week (3 sunday night and MNF) - but again...facts..pesky huh?
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #16
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,702 Times in 1,770 Posts

Once a cheat always a cheat. *
This comes from the guy that said because everyone else did it it was ok. No big deal.

As far as missing their best players on D. thats where the cheating works best. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what a teams going to do next if you already know. Like I said once a cheat always a cheat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #17
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Well the last couple of weeks of 'listening' to Steeler fans desperately pile on the 'Cheatriots' bandwagon and you don't think you have this coming?
How ironic coming from someone who so desperately tried to "defend his team's honor" in the face of the criticism. And the best you could come up with is Jimmy Johnson.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #18
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm not sure I've ever seen a more blatant case of hypocrisy. Are you even reading what I'm writing? Of course you'll get bombarded if the Pats lose tonight, but you'll have no one to blame but yourself for that. As far as excuses, you haven't failed to pull out every excuse you can find to deflect the "cheatgate" scandal, yet an honest assessment of the game is excuse making? In case you didn't notice, I said the defense played well enough to win in spite of Troy's absence. That's not an excuse, sir. If you watched the game, you'd have seen that Ben was out of rythym and clearly out of synch with his receivers (except for Santonio). The interception in the endzone was boneheaded, and lost the game. There was a play when Nate Washington missed a bomb by a foot that was an easy 6, but replay showed that he slowed just a tick earlier in the route. Cedric Wilson and Ben were on different pages. These are facts, not excuses. ALL NFL teams have off weeks, and I recall the Pats being beaten by some inferior competition even in their Super Bowl years. The only people who think yesterdays game defines the 2007 Steelers are either A) defeatists (and the Steelers have their fair share), or B) Haters. The Browns fans around me are all pretty much laying the same garbage on me today as you are, and I know what camp they are in.

The fact remains, it's one loss, and the team will move on.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #19
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
As far as missing their best players on D. thats where the cheating works best. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out what a teams going to do next if you already know. Like I said once a cheat always a cheat.
Especially when the reason said defensive player is out to begin with is due to cheating, but that's cool, everyone does it. LITP says so.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #20
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
How ironic coming from someone who so desperately tried to "defend his team's honor" in the face of the criticism. And the best you could come up with is Jimmy Johnson.
The thing I don't understand is how does this guy come up with the time to make these long posts lol? It must take him forever since 90% of what he says is made up... With how much make believe I have seen Living in The Past put on this board since week one he could have wrote a major fiction book by now...