Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #21
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196
Default Re: I guess the Steelers can go back to being under the radar now?

OK, I'll take my medicine here. No excuses, the Steelers were out played. And yes, the Steelers were over rated coming into yesterday. At least if you want to say they are in the same class as Indy or NE. Its easy to get excited about a 3-0 start, but its way to early to crown or bury anyone. As much as I'd love to see the patsies take it on the chin tonight, I'll have to pull for them to smack down the Bunglers.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

It's just one game, and I know I want my team playing their best football in December and January, not late September. I'm happy with a 3-1 start, and I'll be happy if the team extrapolates that out into a 12-4 season.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #23
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
How ironic coming from someone who so desperately tried to "defend his team's honor" in the face of the criticism. And the best you could come up with is Jimmy Johnson.
Sure, im confident that most, if not all teams do it.

Im also confident that its an open secret..or at least it was.

Funny how everyone was 'suspicious' that the Patriots were 'up to something', especilly since they got their collar felt for it at the Green Bay game, yet no-one managed to spot the guy on the sideline filming their signals...until the year after?

Sorry, but that really is just too funny.

Not exactly CIA level intelligence is it?

Sure, i'll take the word of a respected ex double superbowl winning HC over the 'thoughts' of Marshall faulk, Hines 'Pro-crybaby' Ward, and various 'sports-writer' desparet to jump the bandwagon.

Im sure the logic of the situation will seep through....slowly.

Anyhow, back to getting played off the park by the Arizona Cardinals...i had the weirdest feeling that Tomlin was an empty PR mirage - sure, he says the right thing and his sound bites are excellent (we will work at this and correct it etc etc) -the fact remains he is running the team the same way Cowher did.

Ben still isn;'t trusted to run the offense, for all his physical tools..maybe the guy really is dumb as a bag of spanner (as has been the rumor for somewhile).

Back to the drawing board.

Chukky Okibi must be laughing himself to sleep at night.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 10-01-2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #24
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Sure, i'll take the word of a respected ex double superbowl winning HC over the 'thoughts' of Marshall faulk, Hines 'Pro-crybaby' Ward, and various 'sports-writer' desparet to jump the bandwagon.
Not to mention a guy who ran one of the dirtiest programs in college football at Miami while he was there. Hey, go with it. The court of public opinion is a bitch and it's still overwhelmingly against your team from what I've seen.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
The thing I don't understand is how does this guy come up with the time to make these long posts lol? It must take him forever since 90% of what he says is made up... With how much make believe I have seen Living in The Past put on this board since week one he could have wrote a major fiction book by now...
Hey 24,

How would you know that 90% of what I type is 'made up' if you 'stopped reading after the 1st sentence?

Oops.

Tripped yourself up there.

Embarrassing.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #26
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not to mention a guy who ran one of the dirtiest programs in college football at Miami while he was there. Hey, go with it. The court of public opinion is a bitch and it's still overwhelmingly against your team from what I've seen.
From what you've seen..as a Steelers fan?

I rest my case.

This is a franchise that has had the most emotional beatdowns from the Patriots (apart from the Colts, perhaps) - its no wonder they are grasping for straws
Old 10-01-2007, 09:33 AM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Enjoy it while you can, LITP, your team's going down tonight.
Ha ha.

No way
Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm not sure I've ever seen a more blatant case of hypocrisy. Are you even reading what I'm writing? Of course you'll get bombarded if the Pats lose tonight, but you'll have no one to blame but yourself for that. As far as excuses, you haven't failed to pull out every excuse you can find to deflect the "cheatgate" scandal, yet an honest assessment of the game is excuse making? In case you didn't notice, I said the defense played well enough to win in spite of Troy's absence. That's not an excuse, sir. If you watched the game, you'd have seen that Ben was out of rythym and clearly out of synch with his receivers (except for Santonio). The interception in the endzone was boneheaded, and lost the game. There was a play when Nate Washington missed a bomb by a foot that was an easy 6, but replay showed that he slowed just a tick earlier in the route. Cedric Wilson and Ben were on different pages. These are facts, not excuses. ALL NFL teams have off weeks, and I recall the Pats being beaten by some inferior competition even in their Super Bowl years. The only people who think yesterdays game defines the 2007 Steelers are either A) defeatists (and the Steelers have their fair share), or B) Haters. The Browns fans around me are all pretty much laying the same garbage on me today as you are, and I know what camp they are in.

The fact remains, it's one loss, and the team will move on.
A more blatant case of hypocrisy?

My point was that those 'patriots smack' threads were coming whether or not I posted this.

At least this way i've enjoyed watching those same Steeler fans try and squirm and wriggle their way out of an embarassing defeat by chanting 'cheat, cheat, cheat' right back - the thing is - its been done, its old.

Your WR corps is poor - its funny watching Steeler fans delude themselves into thinking that these guys are an actual threat - sure Holmes is, but Ward should stick to media calls - he's past his sell by date.

Where was the elite TE corps last night? - asked to do something outside of catch a 3 yard TD pass they go missing - 46 yards and no TD's for the next 'big thing'.

Wonder why Ben takes forever to pass the ball?

I've narrowed it down to him being borderline retarded, or his WR's couldn't seperate from the Cardinals DB's - I really don't know which one is more embarrassing.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 10-01-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #29
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It's just one game, and I know I want my team playing their best football in December and January, not late September. I'm happy with a 3-1 start, and I'll be happy if the team extrapolates that out into a 12-4 season.
You and I both know it won't though.

Football doesn't work like basic arithmetic - the Steelers were praying to go at least 4-1 through the first 5 weeks - cupcake schedule and all.

Its the rest of the schedule after that where its all going to go wrong.

Still, another NFC team next week....if you lose to them aswell...well at least it doesnt impact your race to the playoffs
Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #30
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Jeez Nigel, a big shrug. Getting your comeuppance is a part of life, your helping out just makes it easier to deflect the feelings on you... so I guess I'll say, thanks?

Usually you're better than this at understanding the nuances of that stuff; I'd have expected you to just silently watch and chuckle!

Tom
Closed Thread