Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:52 AM   #1
Canadian Hawk Fan
Water Boy

Member Number: 7361
Default Seahawks fan here...

...figured I'd wander into enemy territory and see how angry the natives are about losing to the dreaded CARDINALS. Oops, they beat us too. But at least we had to pretty much give them the ball to lose it...

Any first thoughts on the upcoming rematch of a Superbowl held not so long ago? I'm a little worried because the Steelers will obviously be pizzed about losing to a supposedly inferior team and will have the bye week afterwards allowing them to put it all out on the field against the Hawks.

How do you think your defensive scheme will do against Alexander's cutbacks, factoring in that he's got a booboo on his wrist?

Will you able to get to Hass? Our pass protection (unlike our running game) has been spectacular, and Hass is playing better than I've ever seen him. Branch is turning out to be a real weapon.

Defensively, how's your own pass protection? We blitzed the heck out of SF early and got something like five sacks in the first half, then pulled back a little and let Dilfer throw an INT or two. Will you keep backs and tight ends in to block?

What's the story on Ward? He's a player, love that guy. If he's out, I wonder if Holmes will be able to get free on his own. Trufant's been great so far this year.
Canadian Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,659 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Seahawks fan here...

I don't think alexander will get a hundred yards rushing and you can expect alot of blitzing from leabau.Should be a good game.
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i think you are right, the steelers will be ready for a win (i hope) and pizzed about the loss. i don't feel they played a very good game yesterday. it was really bad, but it was a winnable game if you take away some mistakes. i would expect them to play up to their potential next week, if they can get healthy. i am expecting ward to play, don't know about troy, because i haven't heard anything on him yet.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Our pass protection? I just got a feeling Ben will go down many times against you guys, our o line is just not at its best.

Getting to hasselbeck could go either way, sometimes our pass rushers are all over the QB and sometimes they just give them too much time and that's when they start to drive down field on us, then we might be losing and have to cutback on the blitzes to cover your receivers. It's gonna be tough, if we start blitzing early and successfully I can see us winning, if we give matt time, well I just don't want to start thinking about another loss before we play it....
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

The Steelers are pissed...there is no wrath like a pissed off Steelers team.

Shaun Alexander won't get 100 yards rushing.

Hasselbeck is going to have a Steelers defensive player in his face every pass play.

And if I hear one damn thing about refs coming out of the Pacific Northwest, I'll effen rip my hair out.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

I think that we will shut down S. Alexander. But with our secondary banged up I am fearful of the Seahawks passing attack. Hopefully we can get alot of pressure on the Hasselbeck and disrupt the timing of the routes.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #7
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

1. Alexander won't get anything. That means as usuall the QB will have to win with his arm and with your receivers I know that won't happen.

2. I am going to the game, the crowd is going to be insane - A loss that shouldn't have happened last week, a whining team of overrateds in the Seahawks and the fact it's my first game will make sure of that. I expect my lungs to be bleeding on the ride home.

Oh and by the way, the Cardinals didn't beat the Steelers, the Steelers beat the Steelers. Much like when Shawn Alexander ran into Matt Hasselbeck on that final drive recentley.

I am less worried about this game than I was against the 49ers or Cardinals. Stillirs shoot the coffee drinking baby blue birds down by 10 or more easy - The only question is: Will the team take it like men this time or find someone else to balme their loss on. Super Bowl XL champs baby - Can never be taken away.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,543 Times in 3,762 Posts

Hawks and Steelers fans both are convinced their teams gave away the losses to Arizona.

Steelers & Hawks are evenly matched, which should mean a Steelers home win unless Troy and Casey cannot go next week.

Lots for the Steelers to work on this week
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #9
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Hawks and Steelers fans both are convinced their teams gave away the losses to Arizona.

Steelers & Hawks are evenly matched, which should mean a Steelers home win unless Troy and Casey cannot go next week.

Lots for the Steelers to work on this week
I think they are evenly matched teams without Troy and Casey.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #10
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Our special teams and stupid goal line plays lost us yesterday's game.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote