Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #1
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087
Default Changes

What changes should we make??

1 - Kreider should be starting over Davis. Would help our running game. Keep Davis active as he is really good on special teams

2 - Wide Receiver - once Ward gets back, Reid should remain in uniform and Wilson or Washington should be in street clothes (i guess demote Wilson, atleast Wahington has big play potential even though he makes several bone head plays each game)

3 - Clint Kriedwalt should not be on the team, he sucks. Every time a team has a big return on us you always see Clint missing a tackle

4 - passing game needs to work on quick strikes (slants and passes in the flats) that work well when the big blitz is coming
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
moedap
Starter

Member Number: 2890
Default Re: Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
What changes should we make??

1 - Kreider should be starting over Davis. Would help our running game. Keep Davis active as he is really good on special teams
What good would that have done yesterday? None. They just need to involve Davis in the gameplan more than a blocker.

Quote:
2 - Wide Receiver - once Ward gets back, Reid should remain in uniform and Wilson or Washington should be in street clothes (i guess demote Wilson, atleast Wahington has big play potential even though he makes several bone head plays each game)
Reid??!!! lol He lost his return job what makes u think he can be a receiver.

Quote:
4 - passing game needs to work on quick strikes (slants and passes in the flats) that work well when the big blitz is coming
Receivers are too short for slants. Passes would have to be low and would be blocked a lot by Dline.
moedap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I got an idea, since they lost yesterday (and god forbid they lose) lets just hope they play better next week! It is 1 loss and guess what their probably going to lose some more games this year. I hope they don't but it is the NFL and it is pretty hard to win them all.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedap View Post
What good would that have done yesterday? None. They just need to involve Davis in the gameplan more than a blocker.
Kreider can actually block people

Quote:
Reid??!!! lol He lost his return job what makes u think he can be a receiver.
Because he is a receiver (confused???) What does returning punts have to do with being a receiver??? Wilson cant even run correct routes

Quote:
Receivers are too short for slants. Passes would have to be low and would be blocked a lot by Dline.
Yeah, that makes no sense at all. Favre runs slants patterns to Jennings to perfection. Jenning is short
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

There is nothing wrong that can't be fixed by better execution. No one is going to blow through the entire schedule of 16 games by scores of 33-7. The guys will look at the films, see what they did wrong at the fundamental level, fix it, and play again on Sunday.

The Steelers are represented by the 53 guys on the roster, and the 45 that put on hats on Sunday. At any time, the ones on the field represent our best chance to win. When Reid represents our best chance to win, he will be on the field.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
BurghZ0n3
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7054

Looking @ our schedule this season....not too hard getting 13-3 or better , considering IF our D stay healthy. Pats really make me worry though. Wish Bruce could enhance his play calls like he did when he played against us in the playoff (with Holcomb) back in 2002. We finally won that game, coming back from behind though. GO B&G....
Old 10-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
srk173
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6010

Guess what everyone, we are still 2-0 against the AFC and 1-0 against the division. they could loose next week too and we will be fine. as long as we win the division and conference games we will be fine. If Cleveland shows us anything we will have no problem winning the division. i say rest anyone who is hurt next week and get everyone healthy for after the bye and kick the shit out of the AFC
srk173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I really want Wilson benched in favor of reid. Washington may miss some plays and look like a dumbass sometimes, but wilson does that on a constant basis. Give the chance to reid, both passes thrown his way yesterday he caught them

Last edited by The Duke; 10-01-2007 at 12:36 PM.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

I agree Duke. I've been pretty critical of Washington but Wilson was nowhere to be seen (or near the ball when it was thrown to him.)

On a positive note regarding our receivers, I really like how Santonio played yesterday. If Hines were able to play and it had been Santonio on those long routes instead of Washington...

Regarding changes, I'd like to see Krieder start against Seattle. If the position is really a game by game decision, I like the matchup of Krieder gives vs. the Seahawks.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #10
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I hope the Steelers cut Wilson loose next offseason. I'm tired of his disappearing acts and whining. Damn. Nate may have his issues, but he actually got a few balls. Even Willie Reid showed up to play.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote