Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
NateC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5543
Default 07 Steelers And The (REALITY)

I didnt Realize Cedric was on the field for the most part Either... We threw to him one time lol... So.. tough to get involved when your seeing nothing coming your way.... If the camera would follow him down the field i would be watching his Blocking on Runs and screens... I saw Willie Ried Looking very Poor when Blocking was Concerned... The thing is we only threw him 2 balls both on 3rd and long... I hated watching that Game. We looked lost. Even on D. and all this WARD out and Big SNack Out and Troy out... cmon Guys Our Defense does not revolve aorund 2 players. Else it sucks. And we dont Suck on D. BUT THAT Recieving CORE of AZ Ripped us to Shreds... and you not hearing " WELL ANQUAN WAS OUT SO WE WERE SCREWED FROM The GET GO.. nahhh Hienz Does not make this offense All Our Recivers need to make plays. INDY has Harrison, Wayne, good Tight ends. NEW ENGLAND has Welker Moss, flippin stallworth, good tight end in Ben Watson
PITTSBURGH HAS , WARD, Holmes, Miller.... Yikes... we need more Depth. The Best teams in this League Dont Suffer From What Happened to us... Our D looked... not good.... where was FOOTe Farrior, where Was Silverback? Where were our Cornerbacks laying dudes out...or at least Breaking things up. AZ moved on us at will.We were unprepared. and ILL tell you this much ... as for Labeau Mixing it up and confusing AZ.. lol We WERE SO VANILLA IN Second Half, So Vanilla i actually thought about it and am now writing about it. Thats not Steeler Football. were were sitting back alot plays. Not Presurring the QB's as we should have.... OR... AZ Oline is really good. Fine if they are Good for them, Bad part is they dont have the best Oline in the league by a long shot.... How are we gonna Pressure Better teams.... Hmmmm 3 games and we forget about our Oline and think they rock... 1 bad one and damn im thinking Ravens Games Last year all over again.. looking flippin Over matched. BEN BROKE out of Sacks and im Not Exaggerating about 10 times yesterday.. its great he can do that and extend plays.. but Brady and Payton dont have to do that. and i Agree with others... Its almost not a good thing he keeps breaking Sacks cause we could then see how Bad that Oline really is.... Here is to a Long Season . We will be ok i hope but we are Not Elite As of week 5. we are Above Average. We shall see how it goes....
RIDE OR DIE .... STEELERS FOR LIFE... LOOSING SEASONS STILL CANT BREAK US. WE GONNA BE HERE BLEEDING FOR MORE.
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848
Default Re: 07 Steelers And The (REALITY)

the reality is that we have an average pass blocking line. if the running game is not there, it will be impossible for us to throw the ball all over the lot without getting sacked or stripped also.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I continue to maintain that playing an unproven FB over a top rate and experienced FB is at least a small part of the problem. Kreider was also pretty successful with those 3rd down screen passes. Why Tomlin/Arians keep a proven player like Kreider on the bench blows my mind.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I continue to maintain that playing an unproven FB over a top rate and experienced FB is at least a small part of the problem. Kreider was also pretty successful with those 3rd down screen passes. Why Tomlin/Arians keep a proven player like Kreider on the bench blows my mind.
Wow do i agree 100%% i can't stand not seeing him out of a rating of 100 he is no doubt a 93 or higher.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I love watching Kreider but I don't think he could have made much of a difference yesterday with how bad the O-line played.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

there were 8 guys in the backfield as soon as parker took the handoff. davis didnt do too shabby getting parker over 100 yards each of the 1st three games. the problem was the play calling and offensive line. 4 false start penalties is usually a good sign the line isnt doing well that day.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

People...

I keep saying... We were playing against the O LINE COACH.. and the O COORD. from last year.

It is silly to not think that they knew the strengths and weaknesses of EVERY ONE of our line, except Mahan.

So they were able to exploit everyone of those weaknesses. Why couldn't Willie run? Because they knew what to look for. Told the Dline what to look for. Maybe there were tell-tales. Maybe just knowing the team helped.

The line did REALLY well for 3 weeks. 1 week of problems out of four, with everyone above involved is not an issue.

Again, if we keep on this pattern, we end up 12 and 4.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
People...

I keep saying... We were playing against the O LINE COACH.. and the O COORD. from last year.

It is silly to not think that they knew the strengths and weaknesses of EVERY ONE of our line, except Mahan.

So they were able to exploit everyone of those weaknesses. Why couldn't Willie run? Because they knew what to look for. Told the Dline what to look for. Maybe there were tell-tales. Maybe just knowing the team helped.

The line did REALLY well for 3 weeks. 1 week of problems out of four, with everyone above involved is not an issue.

Again, if we keep on this pattern, we end up 12 and 4.

THANK YOU!!!!! It is refreshing to read a post that is completly on the right track.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

I have to laugh. They exploiting are weakness.. Na.. We unfolded.. We beat ourselves. We did not play mistake free ball.. This O Line that has new parts has yet to jell and was not named the starting line until the week before are first game... Ben was off on his throws...

No matter how you break it down. Maybe it was good to take a loss now... Even tho we should of won... Sometimes its better to come down to earth and go back at it again... Beat Seattle this coming week... Go into the bye week and get ready for a long run. We will make the playoffs. We just need to get everything working and jelling before we play the pats and we can finish 14-2 are even 15-1.

None of are division scares me. Bengals what defense, baltimore ya there so overhyped its funny. Browns heck they might finish above the Ratbirds..

You want reality. Get with the program. We will be contenders this year. We will win the division. We will be in the playoffs.

The O line will get better as season goes on and they get more time to jell. Ben and the offense will only get better as they adjust to this new offense more each week.

Just give it time and do not scream wolf to early and we will be fine. Its still early and time to work out noticeble kinks.. Tomlin will have this team ready for the playoffs when we get there.

Steelers will surprise all..
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #10
NateC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5543

Well.. it all Sounds Great... But i wont let my Heart Get In the Way of my brain... Ill Be Going Week to Week just like i always do.

I know we the Steelers Baby. Lol.. Buncha toughguys who give this league problems...

But blowing people out Consistantly. Idk...

Show me Steelers . Just Keep showing me.... Lol like everyone else Ill be watching and hoping...

Im just pointing out that Sundays Loss... bah About as Tough to Swallow as Division Losses Last year.
We all Deserve Better Efforts from our Squad and Coaches...
And yes i do Agree We Certainly Came Crashing Down to Earth yesterday. and Im Thankfull for it . Times of Struggle, if used correctly will only Strengthen us..
And i Giggle when i say this but hey... We got Smashed at Indy on Monday Night in 05.... That fire Burned Until we were able to come back, i mean really Fueled us.

Just Answer me this ... Where Is the Super Bowl Being Played this year? :h elmet:

/Nods Head and Lets it sink in.......
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote