Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Williamson: Seattle Ready to Take Super Step Against Steelers

No columnist whined louder about the Steelers winning Super Bowl XL than Bill Williamson. Some things never change. Here's hoping he eats every last word come next Monday.
Opinion: Seahawks ready to take Super step vs. Steelers
Seattle can earn credibility, get in postseason mix by winning in Pittsburgh
OPINION
By Bill Williamson

OK, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost some luster with their road loss to Arizona on Sunday.

But this is still a big game for the Seattle Seahawks this Sunday when they visit the Steelers. Anytime an upper-echelon NFC team can beat an AFC playoff contender, it?s a big deal and goes a long way. The Seahawks need this win at Pittsburgh.

First of all, the Seahawks need to win simply for the sake of adding another win to the cause. The Cardinals, who beat Seattle a couple of weeks back, are 2-2 and gaining confidence, especially after beating the Steelers. Not only do the 3-1 Seahawks need to win to continue to be the pace car in the NFC West, but they need to keep up with the 4-0 Cowboys and Packers in the hunt for home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs.

The Seahawks could be a Super Bowl team. They clearly are one of the better teams in the NFC and they should be in the postseason mix.

They can prove themselves by beating the Steelers. Pittsburgh is not an elite team. It is not as good as New England or Indianapolis in the AFC power structure. But the Steelers have a balanced team and will be tough every weekend, especially at home.

The Seahawks have the balance to beat the Steelers, though. The Seattle offense can score on anyone and is improved defensively.

Seattle outplayed the Steelers in the Super Bowl less than two years ago, but big plays and questionable officiating doomed Seattle. Yes, that was a long time ago in football years. The Steelers are now coached by Mike Tomlin, not Bill Cowher.

The Seahawks aren?t going to be overwhelmed by their AFC opponent. They know they can hang. They also know they can gain some credibility by finally beating the Steelers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21085286/
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Williamson: Seattle Ready to Take Super Step Against Steelers

Here's what I hope. This week goes by quickly, we demolish the Seahawks, and that finally buries the hatchet. I'm sure I'm not alone in my disdain for all this never-ending whinebaby crap from Seattle. Jesus, you got beat fair and square, let it go already!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,264 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Here's what I hope. This week goes by quickly, we demolish the Seahawks, and that finally buries the hatchet. I'm sure I'm not alone in my disdain for all this never-ending whinebaby crap from Seattle. Jesus, you got beat fair and square, let it go already!
Hopefully it will be Seattle's turn this week to whine about the past rather than focus on the present.

FWIW Vegas does not agree with Williamson (Steelers giving 6 to 6&1/2)
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

All I know is this game better not have any questionable calls or it will never go away.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Actually, Williamson is a big, fat slob of a beat writer for the Broncos (Denver Post), so a lot of Williamson's "opinion," is sour grapes due to the shellacking the Broncos got in the AFCCG, IMO. And yes, I'd like to see a serious whipping put on them this Sunday and the hatchet hopefully gets buried afterward.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Actually, Williamson is a big, fat slob of a beat writer for the Broncos (Denver Post), so a lot of Williamson's "opinion," is sour grapes due to the shellacking the Broncos got in the AFCCG, IMO. And yes, I'd like to see a serious whipping put on them this Sunday and the hatchet hopefully gets buried afterward.
I would have to disagree with that... because the Broncos-Seahawks rivalry is about as big as any out there... least it was.

He was whining... probably just to whine. After all, he IS IN the press, right?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i believe a loss could be overcome, but a win here would help define the 07 steelers. it is a pretty important win in several ways. who wants to go into the bye week w/ 2 losses?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Sadly, even if we win I don't think some seahawks fans will shut up about how they "should've won"
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #9
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Seattle will cry regardless. Should the Steelers win this game, remember, it was the referees who did it. San Fran whined...I certainly expect the same from Seattle.

I'm all of the sudden feeling a certain uncertainty about the Steelers now. Losing and being surrounded by Chicken Littles will do that to you. The first BIG test for the 2007 Steelers: you're coming off a sloppy loss, you're battered, and there's a confident Seahack team looking for some slight redemption/revenge coming to town. We'll see if the Steelers have what it takes.

I hope the Steelers got the slop out of their trap game loss soon. Now's not the time to lose. I hope they have a strong week of practice. The season is beginning to heat up.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I would have to disagree with that... because the Broncos-Seahawks rivalry is about as big as any out there... least it was.

He was whining... probably just to whine. After all, he IS IN the press, right?
True, but the rivalry was never that big, at least in Denver, since I've been here (1996) - certainly not at the level of the Chiefs and Raiders. And since realignment (which SB XL was a good length of time after), the 'Hawks hardly ever have been or get mentioned around these parts at all. I also remember Williamson being pretty peeved at the Broncos' loss in that game. But like I said, it was IMO only.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote