Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default The O-Line(And offense as whole)

Yes, they didn't play very well vs the Cards(They were horrible). But still, they had three decent/good games up to this last week. I think we should give it another week to cast judgment on their horrible-ness(or great-ness, whichever comes first).

Oh, and the playcalling has to be fixed. No more stupid Cowher Ball. I hope Tomlin has talked to Arians about the shoddy run-run-pass "Do what we do" gameplan from last week. IIRC, Tomlin was yelling at him Sunday on the sidelines. I wonder if that was about the playcalling.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
NateC
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5543
Default Re: The O-Line(And offense as whole)

Yeah i benn bringing that Discension on the Sideline Garbage up.

SAVE IT FOR BEHIND CLOSED DOORS... No one Needs to see that. is Rediculous

May i just say I have never been a Fan Of Arians, he just been impressing me week after week so i say nothing and give him his props... time will tell how many more good games he calls VS bad ones.
NateC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902

I said it before and I'll keep saying it it is not the play calling that is wrong it is the execution. The play calling didn't sack Ben 4 times and it didn't shut Willie down it was the execution.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Oh sheesh, I have heard that agruement discussion on the browns board for about 1 and a half years with Moe Carthon. Some also called it P R E D I C T A B L E. Remember how a certain quarterback got benched then traded after he went to the press saying the play calling was predictable? Well that was the Browns. Now look what your discussing. I hope it stays the same, because then we may have a hope in beating you. Maybe not much of one but there is a hope. A glimmer of one.

I know posting like that is going to get me blasted into orbit. I do not mean disrespect. Please take it for what it is worth. a bit of history 101 from the Browns.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
jtmill
Water Boy

Member Number: 3671

I think the play calling was, in fact, a bit predictable. Where was the no-huddle we've heard so much about? But I also think that wasn't the only thing that killed us. Russ Grimm knows full well our offensive line. That's why there were sacks, pressures, no running game, etc. We lost Polamalu which was a factor in the secondary, and Hampton, who ususally draws two lineman to block him. That resulted in poor pressure from our defense. If we can't pressure the qb, there's no way to stop someone like Fitzgerald. I'm hoping our special teams problems were just a fluke. I didn't get to watch the whole game, but from what I did see, this is my take on it. I wasn't aware of the riff between Tomlin and Arians, but I'm glad to hear that Tomlin was upset about it. Shoulda been handled in the locker room though. Interesting, Arizona is the only team to beat the Seahawks this year too.

It's all on tape, let's learn from it and move on...

GO STEELERS!!
jtmill is offline   Reply With Quote