Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #41
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,431 Times in 517 Posts
Default Re: Marvin Lewis calls out his players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Best part- he didn't know who Ken Anderson or Boomer Esiason were...but he knew who Carson Palmer was.
That's a shocker - I'd bet a dollar to a donut he has no idea who Anthony Mu?oz is either.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #42
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
LMAO nope, a gas station. If I worked ina gun shop, I would have shot him.

Best part- he didn't know who Ken Anderson or Boomer Esiason were...but he knew who Carson Palmer was.
you mean a bunglefan walked into a gas station and nobody got robbed?

amazing!

so what tipped him off as a bengalfan? was it the ski-mask, henry jersey, shots fired into the air outside, the stench of reefer, or the 3 14 year old girls in his car?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #43
Mewtwo
Water Boy

Member Number: 3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

amazing!

so what tipped him off as a bengalfan? was it the ski-mask, henry jersey, shots fired into the air outside, the stench of reefer, or the 3 14 year old girls in his car?
Mewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #44
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

amazing!

I can't top that one............
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #45
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT02/710020364

Didn't take long for Marv to let his team know what he really thinks of them at the moment.

When is he going to grow a set and call 85 out. We all know who is talking about when he publicly makes a threat to his team.
Props to keeping the Steelers well represented Down Under

It's about time - no about a year too late - he puts a lid on that dead comedy production. Ocho Cinco is as funny as Chevy Chase after the first Vacation movie. If the H of F jacket isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back then deconstructive communication with Carson Palmer will be.

Truly unfortunate that Palmer landed in the AFC North for me. But I put Carson Palmer and Troy Polamalu in the same class not because they went to SC but because the only news you get on them is football news. They both married their college sweethearts and they both know the difference between right and wrong.

85 wouldn't know how to be a professional even if they stitched it on a golden jacket. Burn baby burn.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:57 PM   #46
tony hipchest
Supporter

Ekscloosive footige of wardin Marfin caling out his playerz:

damn. carson looks especially bummed.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 PM   #47
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Chad may well be immature - but if you put him in an environment where he surrounded by mature vets he would be worth the gamble for alot of teams.
I believe there is absolutely no truth to your statement. No matter where you put Chad he will always be an immature, self centered narcissist, ego-maniac who will be a disruption wherever he went. Stinko's attitude is it's all about me.

Would you be using Randy Moss going to the Patsies an example on how Stinko would benefit from a veteran team? Remember the altercation in the locker room 2 years ago during the Steelers/Bungles playoff game Stinko coming to blows with the offensive coordinator? No one believed that altercation even took place but it did. What did Lewis do about it...absolutely nothing. Should this self implosion really surprise Lewis? Ahhh no.

So here's my thoughts Marv there is no crying in football he's getting exactly what he deserves. He's never had control over his team. In the case of the bungles the lunatics are truly running the asylum.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #48
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post
I believe there is absolutely no truth to your statement. No matter where you put Chad he will always be an immature, self centered narcissist, ego-maniac who will be a disruption wherever he went. Stinko's attitude is it's all about me.

Would you be using Randy Moss going to the Patsies an example on how Stinko would benefit from a veteran team? Remember the altercation in the locker room 2 years ago during the Steelers/Bungles playoff game Stinko coming to blows with the offensive coordinator? No one believed that altercation even took place but it did. What did Lewis do about it...absolutely nothing. Should this self implosion really surprise Lewis? Ahhh no.

So here's my thoughts Marv there is no crying in football he's getting exactly what he deserves. He's never had control over his team. In the case of the bungles the lunatics are truly running the asylum.
youre exactly right. much like t.o. and moss, chad is a front runner.

its not maturity they need. they just need to be plopped into 1st place and then all of a sudden theyre interrested. as soon as they lose games, they lose interrest.

theyre more into the accolades as opposed to the actual fight, and more of a product of the talent around them. they wouldve never been able to have careers like payton, sanders, o.j., or archie manning on teams such as the bears, lions, bills, or saints.

this will be the biggest hurdle when all 3 are thinking about Hall of Fame enshrinement (and posing in the mirror [or in front of the nation] with a fake jacket they have tailored for them 10 years early).
Old 10-04-2007, 02:12 AM   #49
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Want-Troy's-Hair View Post

Well to each their own - thats your opinion and you're welcome to it.

I don't see Moss and Chad as similar characters at all - its just a lazy media that lieks to throw all these guys in one convenient group.

Chad's an attention wh0re, I don't think he really has a bad bone in his body - its just he still has a deal of growing up to do - in the world of the pampered pro-sports star there isn't any presure on him to grow up any.

Moss is an intelligent, thoughtful guy - I believe he really loves the game - maybe he got a little carried away with the hype in Minny (which is a little understandable as he was a phenom as soon as he hit the scene).

The Oakland episode must have been a profoundly demoralising experience - its one thing to lose a game...its a whole other thing to know before you take the field that due to inadequate coaching and player talent, you have next to no chance of winning a game.

I think if you surrounded Chad with strong vet leadership in New England he would be a much improved player for it.
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 AM   #50
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT02/710020364

Didn't take long for Marv to let his team know what he really thinks of them at the moment.

When is he going to grow a set and call 85 out. We all know who is talking about when he publicly makes a threat to his team.
I agree Aussie
Lewis almost seems like he is afraid to say anything to Johnson or whoesyourmoma. Just tell the guys to shut their traps and play football. I kind of felt the same way the last couple of years about Joey Porter. When you make a play just go back to the huddle and get ready for the next play. At the end of the season when we are celebrating No.6, then you can talk trash.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote