Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Cardinals to keep alternating QBs

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt knows starting quarterback Matt Leinart is unhappy splitting time with Kurt Warner.

Whisenhunt also knows his two-quarterback scheme has helped the Cardinals (2-2) match their best start in 20 mostly dismal seasons in Arizona. And that's why he has no thoughts of changing the game plan, which calls for Warner to come off the bench occasionally and lead a no-huddle attack.

"I think we have two guys that are unique in that we have two unselfish guys that have a very good relationship," Whisenhunt said on Monday. "I also feel like we have, in a backup quarterback a former MVP, former Super Bowl winner that is a good football player, and he's shown that he can do that." Questions about the quarterbacks dominated Whisenhunt's weekly Monday news conference, even though the Cardinals were coming off their most notable victory in recent memory, a physical 21-14 win over previously unbeaten Pittsburgh in Glendale.

The Cardinals are 2-2 for only the sixth time since they moved to Arizona in 1988. They visit winless St. Louis this week.
Many of the questions have arisen because Leinart has made no secret of his displeasure with the scheme.
"I'd be lying if I said I was happy with the way things are going," Leinart said Monday. "But at the same time, it's pushing me to become a better football player."
Leinart said he's "been real supportive of the situation." But he added, "I want to play. I want be the starting quarterback. I want to play every single play." Leinart, the Cardinals' first round pick in 2006, went the distance in the first two games, throwing two touchdown passes and three interceptions as Arizona lost to San Francisco and defeated Seattle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7287426

sounds like leinart will be sharing time for awhile..

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
rog
Starter

Member Number: 5902
Default Re: Cardinals to keep alternating QBs

This 2 QB thing might work for now but I tend to think at one point it is going to split the team apart. Landry tried this early on before finally handing the ball to Staubach for good. I give it 2 or 3 weeks before it really gets to guys.

GO STEELERS!!!
rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

as long as it makes leinart unhappy i am all for it..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
This 2 QB thing might work for now but I tend to think at one point it is going to split the team apart. Landry tried this early on before finally handing the ball to Staubach for good. I give it 2 or 3 weeks before it really gets to guys.
I agree - at some point, Whiz will have to make a decision on who the starter is and who the backup is.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,417 Times in 2,369 Posts

Just think that could have been our coach. What if he would have done that with Ben and Charlie.
I agree it will need to settled at some point in time for them, maybe by injury.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

Steve Spurrier, when he coached the Gators is the only person I've ever seen pull this off for any length of time. This is the NFL and will not work for long.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Anyone else old enough to remember when Tom Landry sent in the plays for Dallas one year by alternating Staubach and Craig Morton on each offensive play?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,803 Posts

i personaly didn't find the " 2 headed monster " to be that threatening. i think it keeps the QB'S from getting warmed up, and getting into a rythme.....

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. Warner 14/21 132 1 0
M. Leinart 7/14 93 0 0

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 AM   #9
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

This may work for a little while, but eventually it is gonna bite the Cards.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote