Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Time for the Steelers...

To show the heart and resiliancy they lacked last year and Tomlin's ability to respond after a loss. They're 3-1, but they have to be the most questioned 3-1 team out there. Are they for real? Was the Arizona loss a fluke? Or is it just the beginning of a long season for them?

They're banged up, and they have a confident 3-1 Seahack team coming into Heinz with a lot of momentum after stomping the Niners. You may see this game as meaningless, but IMO, this game is pretty much a must-win.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
Dakota monkey
Water Boy

Member Number: 7395
Default Re: Time for the Steelers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
To show the heart and resiliancy they lacked last year and Tomlin's ability to respond after a loss. They're 3-1, but they have to be the most questioned 3-1 team out there. Are they for real? Was the Arizona loss a fluke? Or is it just the beginning of a long season for them?

They're banged up, and they have a confident 3-1 Seahack team coming into Heinz with a lot of momentum after stomping the Niners. You may see this game as meaningless, but IMO, this game is pretty much a must-win.

Funny you should mention that, in nearly every poll I have read this week, the Steelers and Seahawks are ranked right next to each other, they are BOTH 3-1, both having lost to the weak Cardinals, and BOTH are getting questioned a lot. People can't seem to tell what kind of teams these two really are. And now they play one another...this should be interesting.

Seahawks fans are saying almost the same exact thing, except that we are coming off a win instead of a loss.

The one thing the Steelers have going for them is that they rarely lose at home after a loss. I'd have to check the stats, but it must have been quite awhile since that happened.

I firmly expect your boys to "sack it up" and give my boys their A game.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #3
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota monkey View Post
Funny you should mention that, in nearly every poll I have read this week, the Steelers and Seahawks are ranked right next to each other, they are BOTH 3-1, both having lost to the weak Cardinals, and BOTH are getting questioned a lot. People can't seem to tell what kind of teams these two really are. And now they play one another...this should be interesting.

Seahawks fans are saying almost the same exact thing, except that we are coming off a win instead of a loss.

The one thing the Steelers have going for them is that they rarely lose at home after a loss. I'd have to check the stats, but it must have been quite awhile since that happened.

I firmly expect your boys to "sack it up" and give my boys their A game.
throw those stats out the window.. its a new coaching staff and a new era. we will see how well a tomlin coached team faces adversity come sunday.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 AM   #4
delhess
Starter

Member Number: 5509

i believe this game will be a defining game for the 07 steelers. i don't think that it's death if we lose, but a win would say a lot. a clean hardfought loss would be better then what we had last week.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #5
onthebus36
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5208

I totally agree this is a key game.

We showed weakness in Arizona and if we do it again, teams will key on them all year. We NEED to be 4-1 going into the bye because, after that, we have a tough road game against the Broncos and three divisional games.

I think is an important game because:
A- You have to win at home. Period.
B- We have to show we can bounce back.
C- You have to go into the bye week with a win.
D- Where it falls in the schedule.
E- It's the Seahawks and they talked a lot of crap after XL.

I want to bury these birds. I want humiliation. I want to dominate in all phases of the game.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhess View Post
i believe this game will be a defining game for the 07 steelers..
THAT is what worries me.

But my expectations were about 6-10 or 7-9 for 2007. Were we going to magically manifest a ProBowl o-line in one preseason with a new staff? Hell no. Maybe not even in two seasons.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

I think it will be a very important game for the Steelers because
1. it will show that they can bounce back from a loss last week
2. it will also prove to the Seahawks and their fans that we can win without help from the refs

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #8
Dakota monkey
Water Boy

Member Number: 7395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
THAT is what worries me.

But my expectations were about 6-10 or 7-9 for 2007. Were we going to magically manifest a ProBowl o-line in one preseason with a new staff? Hell no. Maybe not even in two seasons.
Wow I think you seriously underated yoour team there! I had them going 10-6 maybe 11-5 at the beginning of the season.
Even as a Seahawks fan I know last season was a fluke for you guys.
Heck, after a Superbowl teams rarely do well the following year anymore, it just takes a lot out of a team to even get there. Injuries and freee agents leaving the following season often hurt too. But the year AFTER, those teams always seem to resurface, because they were that good to begin with.

Which is why I thought that both Pitt and Seattle would have bounce back seasons this year. Not to say they're the best, but they are certainly among the best, and by the end of the season...who knows, we COULD see a ramatch of that Superbowl two years ago...you never know.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

But that's exactly what the Steelers did between 03 and 04. The oline was awful in 03, and pretty much the same exact guys came back in 04 as one of the olines in the business.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,098 Times in 4,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota monkey View Post
Wow I think you seriously underated yoour team there! I had them going 10-6 maybe 11-5 at the beginning of the season.
Even as a Seahawks fan I know last season was a fluke for you guys.
Heck, after a Superbowl teams rarely do well the following year anymore, it just takes a lot out of a team to even get there. Injuries and freee agents leaving the following season often hurt too. But the year AFTER, those teams always seem to resurface, because they were that good to begin with.

Which is why I thought that both Pitt and Seattle would have bounce back seasons this year. Not to say they're the best, but they are certainly among the best, and by the end of the season...who knows, we COULD see a ramatch of that Superbowl two years ago...you never know.
i agree (although just like last year preseason expectations are right around 12-4)

but as seen last season, 12-4 expectations can easilly lead to 8-8 results. there were 4 games last year that couldve easilly been wins, and those same types of scenarios are there for the steelers this season.

the 3-1 seahawks are probably the most "under the radar" team up to this point. even if they go down 3-2 i expect them to make the playoffs with possibly arizona as a wild card. much like the steelers, the seahawks have gained more talent they have lost since the sb, and have gotten healthier (with no coaching changes other than an upgrade with jim mora and the secondary).

from a non objective fans standpoint, this game may preove to be a bit more entertaining than the sb with fewer mistakes. (dont expect 11 penalties )