Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default God Hates the Yankees

They are evil. Need proof? The Tribe was unable to touch the evil Yanks pitching tonight all game, but God called in a plague of Canadian Soldier bugs into the Jake, which distracted Satan?s pitchers and hitters and allowed the powers of good, who seemed to be much less affected by the swarm, to triumph.

By the way, I expect some fringe Canadian group to come out of the woodwork and demand that the name of the bugs be changed after getting national attention during the game and on Sportscenter. Canadian Soldiers is a derogatory term, because they only live for a day or two and appear to serve no purpose. In truth, they are also known as the Fish Fly (they stink like dead fish), June Bug, or May Fly.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,025 Times in 1,290 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: God Hates the Yankees

Does Belicheat have any stakes in the Indians franchaise??

Yanks are NOT evil. Someone should put some freaking money into the Pirates organization instead of allowing the rest of the MLB use them as a Farm team because THAT, to me is evil.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Indians are on the same exact plane as the Pirates. One team consistently goes in the right direction and the other goes in the wrong. There's a reason for that.

And, yes, outspending most teams 10-1 is evil. And I LOVE it when it consistently backfires.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,225 Times in 2,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Does Belicheat have any stakes in the Indians franchaise??

Yanks are NOT evil. Someone should put some freaking money into the Pirates organization instead of allowing the rest of the MLB use them as a Farm team because THAT, to me is evil.
post crown patriots = post crown yankees

and its nice to watch the trainwreck that has happened since those 3 most recent crowns. infact lemme throw the lakers in there. they were a true

"dream team"

with the addition of malone and payton.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,827 Times in 2,693 Posts

The New York media will have 2 days to sharpen the knives with an off day tomorrow

K-Rod will be the obvious target, with the The New York Times story on the 2-1 loss tonight featuring this nugget:

Alex Rodriguez went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts and has only four hits in his last 50 postseason at-bats.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #6
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The New York media will have 2 days to sharpen the knives with an off day tomorrow

K-Rod will be the obvious target, with the The New York Times story on the 2-1 loss tonight featuring this nugget:

Alex Rodriguez went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts and has only four hits in his last 50 postseason at-bats.
Isn't it great.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,827 Times in 2,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFins11 View Post
Isn't it great.
Oh yeah

The Times also has a column devoted to trashing K-Rod's latest playoff troubles

New October, but Same Old A-Rod

Rodriguez may yet get a hit before this series ends, but he has no guarantee of such flaming success. In the division series against the Tigers last year, he had one hit in 14 at-bats. The year before, in the division series against the Angels, he had 2 hits in 15 at-bats. He finished the disastrous league series against the Red Sox in 2004 with one hit in his last 15 at-bats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/06/sp...tml?ref=sports
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #8
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

I wont get into any dicussions with you Yankee trashers. I feel like I just woke up from a bad drunk. I just hope that the Steelers can make atleast my train ride to the Bronx on Sunday pleasant. At this rate I dont even want to think about the ride back.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

The Yankees are the Best team that money can buy, this year Did they use monoply money?

And God doesn't hate the Yankee's, he just dislikes doing anything (spending) in excess. To much of anything is wastefull.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #10
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

I am so sick of hearing the best team that money can buy b.s. The Yankees through out history have endured many rule changes with the game involving player personnell mostly designed to impede their dominance. These changes go all the way back to the creation of the draft . Designed to stem the Yanks operations of advanced scouting to aquire talented players that other teams chose not to spend the money to even find. Up to the present revenue sharing situation in MLB today , which the Yanks voluntarily commited millions of dollars to this past year alone so that other "less off teams" could stay competitive. Is it their fault that most of these weaker teams did not spend this money to better themselves? What about the problem of other teams raising the ticket prices when the Yankees are in town just to squeeze more cash out of the working class and line their own pockets?

The organization is commited to doing whatever it takes to win. If the owners choose to spend money on their team to do that instead of putting it all in their pockets than that is their perogative. Whether that means trading for a player like Krod who was signed foolishly by another organization who overpaid him and then realized they couldnt afford him then had to cut expenses. Or keeping their home grown products by signing them to big deals when it is their turn to file for free agency.

If the Yankees have ever been guilty of anything it is of providing their fans with the best possible product they possibly can to give their fans a WINNER! Whatever happens today in the Bronx one thing will remain the same. The N.Y. Yankees have won 26 World Championships and no other team in the history of Profesional sports can say that!