Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default As A Football fan....

.....I am certainly looking forward to the Monday night match-up.

The Chargers are being touted as the 'next big thing' so it will be interesting to see how they match up against another one of the AFC powerhouses of recent years.

As a neutral I have to quite like the Chargers chances - especially if they can replicate the form they showed last week.

But with a loaded backfield - the Steelers should be able to run plenty of varied rush/play-action schemes - giving time for Ben to make some deep throws.

Speaking of Ben, any news on his current injury? What is his status for the MNF game?

LT should prove to be a big factor again - and Pittsburgh have their share of offensive weapons to choose from.

Makes for a mouth watering propspect.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109
Default Re: As A Football fan....

As much as NE vs PIT was playoff atmosphere...I think this will be around the same.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
As much as NE vs PIT was playoff atmosphere...I think this will be around the same.
Yeah I hope so - its great being a Pats or Steelers fan these days - always a good chance of winning, and plenty of exciting match-ups during the regular season.

As much as I am pumped watching us taking on a contender - Falcons again this week - its nice to be able to get the popcorn out and watch a couple of highly rated teams slug it out - and still be able to enjoy the football and drama without being devastated if one of them loses.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:09 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,761 Times in 2,933 Posts

i believe ben is listed as probable. as far as his injury i think he was just doing his best bradshaw impersonnation. bradshaw has admitted over embellishing an injury by writhing around on the ground for about 5 minutes only to come in the next series to lead his team on a td drive. he said he liked his team mates and opponents to think he was dead or dying to make his comeback even more miraculous. his team would play harder too after seeing the "pain" he was in and the "courage" he showed in getting back on the field. and they say he was dumb. mondays game should get great ratings. mnf wet dream. the great thing about your team on monday night is you can actually watch and flip through all the other games without your undivided attention being spent on one game. i know during steelers and pats i could barely get up to piss.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #5
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
Makes for a mouth watering propspect.
Nahhhh too easy.

Quote:
The Chargers are being touted as the 'next big thing'
They are ? ? I think that is just your perception coming off a a$$ whipping. I see the media hasn't jumped on their bandwagon yet, as they are still lower than the Steelers in the power rankings. Not that the ranking means a damn thing. I find it interesting that the media is pretty deadlocked on who will win this game, as quite a few have us edging the bolts. Remember they didn't just rise out of nowhere they were solid last year as well. But no worries go ahead and keep tossing garbage out there without having any factual substance. It is what I have grown to expect from you.

Quote:
its great being a Pats or Steelers fan these days - always a good chance of winning
That was last year, the way your team is playing there is just the same amount of a chance that you will lose.

Nice that you are interested in our injuries. Ben, Porter, and Ike are probable. With Hines the only question mark.

Is 2 losses out of 4 wanna Seymour gonna play or is he out? For your D's sake you better hope he plays...........

I for one know your team is starting to act desperate so it should be a close game, as you still have Brady that will get you some wins, not enough but some.......

Last edited by slashsteel; 10-07-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i believe ben is listed as probable. as far as his injury i think he was just doing his best bradshaw impersonnation. bradshaw has admitted over embellishing an injury by writhing around on the ground for about 5 minutes only to come in the next series to lead his team on a td drive. he said he liked his team mates and opponents to think he was dead or dying to make his comeback even more miraculous. his team would play harder too after seeing the "pain" he was in and the "courage" he showed in getting back on the field. and they say he was dumb. mondays game should get great ratings. mnf wet dream. the great thing about your team on monday night is you can actually watch and flip through all the other games without your undivided attention being spent on one game. i know during steelers and pats i could barely get up to piss.
Well I hope you are right about Ben - its always good to see a 2 good teams face off with all their star players injury-free.

Interesting point about Bradshaw - nice piece of psychology he used there - I can see how that would work and get his team rallying around him.

Its certainly a clash of the Giants on Monday - heres to a good game.

Cheers

NM
Old 10-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
slashsteel

Member Number:

Of course he is right about Ben, he has been listed probable way before you asked in the first place. Drivel, I look forward to when your replies actually are anything more than entertaining garbage. :)
Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Ben will play, he's practicing but taking it easy alittle to make sure he's good to go, he'll be ok.

This is gonna be an awesome game.. the bolts are flying high after that huge win, and definately ripe for the picking !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #9
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

Can you say this game is history in the making. I predict some phenomenal things from our boys.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #10
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

The patriot game will also be one to watch, with all the hype about Brady having never losing back to back games.. Well see,,,,,

As for the Steelers/Chargers,,,, LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!