Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376
Default Just made it back from the game

I went to the game last night and damn what a thriller. Between 40-50% of the stadium were steeler fans. My, well ex-girlfriend now left me right in the middle of the third quarter. She is a chargers fan. Boy did we get some looks. I got some pictures on my budddies digital camera. I will try and get them posted some time this week. I ended up passed out at a friends house celebrating our victory and just now got home a day later. Go Steelers.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Just made it back from the game

Yet once again the Steelers were well repesented in an opponents homefield. Al said that there was anywhere from 11,000 to 16,000 Steeler fans there. Well done Steeler Nation! Oh yeah I hope you and the little lady make up soon.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:53 PM   #3
SteelR1
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 512

How do we do this every away game. Is there that many Steeler fans out there, or are people actually flying from Pittsburgh to see these games...

I love it, just curious as to why it's always like that...

STEELER FANS ARE NO 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #4
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

Ha! I think it's because so many people flee Pittsburgh :)

Seriously though, everywhere I've been there's been a Steeler Fan club. I was in the Navy for 8 years and rarely missed a game because of the fan base taking over sports bars and such.

The big eye opener was all the Steeler fans at the Dallas game last year. I can envision lots of ex-Pittsburghers leaving the city for sunny San Diego, but Dallas? I remember how pissed the Cowboys were about that too. Funny stuff.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

steeler fans from everywhere love to represent. in new mexico id say the steeler fanbase is second only to the cowboys and greater than the raiders, denver, and arizona
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #6
ngreene15
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid LLoyd1975
I went to the game last night and damn what a thriller. Between 40-50% of the stadium were steeler fans. My, well ex-girlfriend now left me right in the middle of the third quarter. She is a chargers fan. Boy did we get some looks. I got some pictures on my budddies digital camera. I will try and get them posted some time this week. I ended up passed out at a friends house celebrating our victory and just now got home a day later. Go Steelers.

LOL... Atta Boy.

No work for you on Tuesdays?

I'm on my way, I can feel my ring comin, it's the blood of a champion, pumpin, deep inside my veins, too much pride to be runnin I'ma get what I can and more, even if my blood, my sweat, and my tears don't mean nothin, it's the heart of a champion
ngreene15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #7
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

I myself live in boise idaho and we would go to this bar called the Players Club and a guy from Pittsburgh came in one time and had to take a picture of all of us.. He was shocked to see so many steelers fans in Idaho.. Personally i've been to games in Denver and Seattle and at both games the Steelers fans were out in full force.. I was completely amazed but I also believe that once a Steelers fan always a Steelers fan and they've been around a long time gathering the masses.. There's thousands of Steelers fans out there just hopin to break that 25 year streak of no Bowl win.. I'd have to bet there would be over 60 percent Steelers fans at the super bowl vs the other team if it came down to it.. Alot of new fans were born the day they saw Big Ben for the 1st time too.. Bandwagon'eers can't help themselves when they see a champ like Ben come along. But as for Pittsburgh fans making the drive to these games?? Some do.. But most reside in the towns surrounding the game just waiting there arrival.. Just wish there was a team in Idaho so i didn't have to go to Denver or Seattle to watch them.. :(
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #8
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I'm glad you had a great time at the game, Avoid! So sorry, though, to hear about you and your girl. Can't wait to see your pics!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #9
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

No I didn't have to work today. I took the week off because of the game. Plus I was due for some well needed vacation. Well about my girl. I don't know. She came back and apologized today for being a charger fan. And I think she might be converted to the Steelers after her episode. Plus she knows I won't have it any other way.
Avoid LLoyd1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:34 AM   #10
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Yeah, I live in Denver (well currently in Mosul, where there are no Steelers fans . . . yet mwahahaha) and there is even a pretty large Steelers fanbase there, in the heart of Bronco country. I am glad to say, though, I am not a bandwagon fan, I started liking the Steelers back in '93 when I watched them play the Bills, they put the hurt on Bebe, Thurman, and Kelly (all knocked out). I remember the play that turned me, it was when Greg Lloyd crushed Bebe, from what seemed like the hash, and Bebe landed out of bounce (though to his credit, he held on to the ball). I've been hooked on the smack-u-in-tha-mouth style ever since :) Oh, BTW, hello from the new guy and Go Steelers!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote