Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Tomlin should be coach of the week

what a joke. he doesnt even get nominated. we shut out the seahawks 21-0 and held them under 150 yards. we were missing 3 pro bowlers and our starting wr and backup cb. all this while coming off of a loss. del rio and lovie smith my ass.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611
Default Re: Tomlin should be coach of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
what a joke. he doesnt even get nominated. we shut out the seahawks 21-0 and held them under 150 yards. we were missing 3 pro bowlers and our starting wr and backup cb. all this while coming off of a loss. del rio and lovie smith my ass.
Well, on the bright side, he is on pace to collect 8 Coach of the Week awards given his year to date pace.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

you know what would be better....coach of the year!! at this pace he can get it.
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
you know what would be better....coach of the year!! at this pace he can get it.
Agreed. This is slightly off-topic, but I find it amazing that Coach Noll never won a Coach of the Year award. Of course given the choice between team championships or individual honors....
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,912 Times in 4,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
i look at this as a good thing. maybe tomlin is just getting to that point in his career where pulling off a feat like he did last week is just par for the course as opposed to spectacular.

i dont think dungy or belicheat (understanbly so ) have been nominated for these awards for their collective 10 wins. its just expected and commonplace. id rather watch him live up to that status and possibly get the coach of the year award, although i can hear it now "he was a product of great talent around him, hes just a game manager" (remember when ben won all the weekly rookie records?)

although the award from last year did nothing to help sean payton this year, tomlin is coaching alot of "been there, done that" men, which is a far cry from what mangina, and payton got.

anyways cowher went 15-1 and still couldnt beat marty leading the chargers for the award.

theres no doubt tomlin would much prefer going 15-1 with absolutely no accolades. and theres no doubt he coached a good game. he pitched a shutout in his 5th regular season game. it took cowher all the way to his 6th game to reach that feat.

honestly, tomlin probably takes a hell of alot more pride in ike taylor getting the defensive players of the week award. that speaks volumes. what is it? 3 td's allowed through the air this season? how many were on ike?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i look at this as a good thing. maybe tomlin is just getting to that point in his career where pulling off a feat like he did last week is just par for the course as opposed to spectacular.

i dont think dungy or belicheat (understanbly so ) have been nominated for these awards for their collective 10 wins. its just expected and commonplace. id rather watch him live up to that status and possibly get the coach of the year award, although i can hear it now "he was a product of great talent around him, hes just a game manager" (remember when ben won all the weekly rookie records?)

although the award from last year did nothing to help sean payton this year, tomlin is coaching alot of "been there, done that" men, which is a far cry from what mangina, and payton got.

anyways cowher went 15-1 and still couldnt beat marty leading the chargers for the award.

theres no doubt tomlin would much prefer going 15-1 with absolutely no accolades. and theres no doubt he coached a good game. he pitched a shutout in his 5th regular season game. it took cowher all the way to his 6th game to reach that feat.

honestly, tomlin probably takes a hell of alot more pride in ike taylor getting the defensive players of the week award. that speaks volumes. what is it? 3 td's allowed through the air this season? how many were on ike?
if dungy or belicheat shut out a good team coming off of a loss, im positive they would at least be nominated. it was a fine coaching job to get the guys to bounce back despite facing the adversity of being without our injured super stars. a coach deserves credit for getting his team ready like he did. im sure he doesnt care, but i want the steelers to win everything possible, including coach of the week.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #7
SteelDogFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5886

I agree.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
ThatGuy246
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
I can't possibly agree more. This isn't the average coaching carousel...Tomlin inherited a solid team, granted, but one that is a storied-franchise, and more so, has a lengthy history under one regime and one philosophy.

Coach Tomlin already has two Coach of the Week awards, both of which he richly deserves. I totally agree that he deserves a third for this week. However, maybe this isn't the actual rationale, but I love the idea that already in his short career as a HC, it could be what's expected.

I'd love to see him get Coach of the Year...but, based on his very consistent approach (at least, as spoken during press conferences I've seen), I can't help but think this guy wants a Lombardi much more so than any personal honor. And as such, I can't imagine a guy more perfectly suited to Pittsburgh.

-Deej
ThatGuy246 is offline   Reply With Quote