Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default 4 Injured in Cleveland School Shooting

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21224357/?GT1=10450
Police: Suspended boy shoots 4 at Ohio school
14-year-old suspect apparently killed himself after attack, police say

MSNBC staff and news service reports
Updated: 2 hours, 6 minutes ago

CLEVELAND - A 14-year-old suspended student, dressed in black, shot four people in his downtown high school Wednesday before he killed himself, police said.

A fellow student at SuccessTech Academy alternative school said Asa H. Coon, who was suspended for fighting two days earlier, had made threats in front of students and teachers last week.

“He’s crazy. He threatened to blow up our school. He threatened to stab everybody,” Doneisha LeVert said. “We didn’t think nothing of it.”

Coon was armed with two .38-caliber revolvers, and police found a duffel bag stocked with ammunition and three knives in a bathroom, officials said. Parents were angry that firearms got into a school equipped with metal detectors that students said were intermittently used.

Officials said two teachers and two students were shot, and a 14-year-old girl fell and hurt her knee while running out of the school.

Students hide under tables, in closets
Witnesses said the shooter moved through the converted five-story downtown office building, working his way up through the first two floors of administrative offices to the third floor of classrooms. Officials said he was wearing a black Marilyn Manson concert shirt, black jeans and black-painted finger nails.

The first person shot, student Michael Peek, had punched Coon in the face right before the shootings began, said student Rasheem Smith, 15.

FirstPerson: Send in your report
Do you have information, video, pictures from the scene?

Coon “came out of the bathroom and bumped Mike and he (Mike) punched him in his face. Mike started walking. He shot Mike in the side.” Peek, 14, didn’t know Coon had a gun, Smith said.

Antonio Deberry, 17, said he and his classmates hid under laboratory tables and watched the shooter move down the hallway. “I saw him walking past. He didn’t see us, we saw him.” The shooter swore and shot several times, Deberry said.

LeVert said she hid in a closet with two other students after she heard a “Code Blue” alert over the loudspeaker. She said she heard about 10 shots.

Shooting victim speaks about incident
Darnell Rodgers, 18, was walking up to another floor when the stairway suddenly became flooded with students.

“It took me a couple of minutes to realize that I was actually shot, when I felt my arm burning in the area, that’s when I realized that I had got shot,” Rodgers said.

“They were screaming, and they were saying, ‘Oh my God, oh my God.’ I knew something was wrong, but thought that it was probably just a fight, so I just kept going,” Rodgers said.

Rodgers was released from a hospital after treatment for a graze wound to his right elbow.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: 4 Injured in Cleveland School Shooting

This is getting even more rediculous. A new school year and people are trying to spark new violence.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

At least he didn't kill any of the victims, it could have been much much worse. this is still sad to see.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

There are just so many things that are wrong with this picture.

What a shame.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Naturally, this is all over the news here. First off, this kid was a freak and a ticking timebomb. He wore white paint on his face, was an avowed satan worshiper and the people in the school knew this. He was also in a fight just a couple days prior that was actually captured on a surveilance camera of one of the network affiliate stations, and one of the guys from the station helped break up the fight. The kid was vowing to blow up the school and kill everyone at that point, and then there is this:

“He’s crazy. He threatened to blow up our school. He threatened to stab everybody,” Doneisha LeVert said. “We didn’t think nothing of it.”

Notwithstanding the obvious comments I could make about the grammar of this obviously Cleveland School system educated girl, she really says it all. Why didn't anyone take this kid seriously? What more did he have to do to telegraph this, strap bandoliers across his chest and where web gear covered with grenades to school?

The problem is that it's politically incorrect to single people out. If this same kid would have been sent to counseling or something prior to this event, the bleeding hearts would have been upset because the school system picked on a kid just because he's different. And I have no doubt that the parents will turn out to be trash, as well.

Oh, one more thing (sorry, I'm angry at all this). This punk kid went after a particular teacher. He shot him once, and as the teacher begged for his life, he shot him again. Then, just for good measure, he shot him a third time.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Cleveland Mayor Wants Law to Ban Anyone Under 21 From Possessing a Firearm
Monday, September 10, 2007

CLEVELAND — Cleveland's mayor called on the state Monday to create a new law that would prohibit anyone under age 21 from possessing a firearm.

Mayor Frank Jackson's proposal followed the shooting death last week of a 12-year-old girl who was hit by a stray bullet as she walked to a corner store. He noted that police statistics from 2004 to 2006 show 70 percent of those arrested for crimes involving firearms were under 28.

Under Ohio law, no one under 18 is permitted to purchase a firearm. A person must be at least 21 to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296326,00.html

Maybe the guy is not as crazy as some may think. This will never happen, but it does make you (well me anyways) wonder. After reading this article, Cleveland has some problems. I also believe they are leading the nation in major city poverty....

Cleveland records homicide #100 for the year
Posted by Staff reports September 26, 2007 09:05AM
Categories: Crime

The 100th homicide this year in Cleveland came at 6:30 this morning. A man with a gunshot wound was dropped off at Fairview General Hospital, where he died.

Last year, Cleveland didn't reach 100 homicides until late November.

The latest violence started near West 130th Street and Bellaire when two men tried to buy drugs with fake money. One of the would-be customers, a man in his 20s, was shot.

The other man rushed him to Fairview. The driver then drove to a house on West 136th Street just north of Lorain Avenue.

Police arrested a 30-year-old man there. He was intoxicated and had not provided homicide detectives with any leads as of 11:50 a.m., said Commander Ed Tomba.

The name of the dead man and his partner were not released.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007...t_fairvie.html
Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I hate taking away rights from adults who are old enough to die in Iraq. Seems the problem is deeper, and the solution needs to be equally deep. It has to start with ending this goddam political correctness that keeps people frozen in fear from actually disciplining children.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #8
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

I am getting heck on the Browns front for saying what do they expect in the Cleveland schools. I am sorry, but the inner city schools in the big five in Ohio; Toledo, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, and Cincinnati, receive the lion’s share of the educational money from the state and it is like throwing money down an empty pit. These are kids that do not want to learn, they would rather be on the streets because they have no guidance at home. The parents most are on welfare but all have cable television, cell phones, new designer clothes, all the latest video games, and wide screen televisions. I did my student teaching in the Dayton school system where they have metal detectors to go through for access into the building, in Elementary School. Yet these children still have knives and guns and they have armed guards patrolling the halls. It was a 4, 5, 6 grade building and yet I got stabbed the third week I was there. I threw the child up against the wall and I was charged with racial discrimination because I attacked him by throwing him against the wall. Oh yes it was not my test it was the co-operating teachers and the child was about three inches shorter than me and about 30 pounds lighter, in the 6th grade. Nothing was said about him stabbing me first. He said I got him mad because I gave him an “F” on his paper, he earned it. He got ever answer wrong, maybe I should have given him an “E” for effort? It was eventually thrown out but it took a year for me to receive my teaching license because of it.

This child is now serving a life sentence for murder, he killed a classmate over a sandwich, he was 19 and in the 11 grade.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It has to start with ending this goddam political correctness that keeps people frozen in fear from actually disciplining children.
I hear that. My sister is a teacher at a Pittsburgh city school and if she looks at a kid wrong the kid's mom and dad (in many cases is lacking one or the other) come down and scream profiling and all this other B.S. She, along with other teachers have been threatened but that's okay. The principle is scared to do anything about it because who needs a lawsuit? Walking on eggshells for the most part.

Starts at home if you ask me. But some type of gun control would be nice.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Wow, Troy's, thats intense. But proves the point. Kids run wild now, and if anyone tries to do anything, they get sued. It's such a mess, and I don't know if there is anyway to stop it. Gun sweeps through high crime areas? No way. Jackson and Sharpton would swoop down quicker than you can say "common sense answer".

As for the money being thrown away, it amazes me the amount of money spent per student in inner city schools. In Ohio, it might be as high as 20,000 per student, and right next door there are private schools giving top notch education for literally half that. Yet, every vote, there are the school levies again for the inner city schools.

No offense, but the teachers are not without blame. This whole new philosophy of trying to talk through problems and timeouts and stuff DOES NOT WORK.