Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Dallas fan with a question here...

First off, I hope you guys kick the crap out of the over-rated Pats when you play them.

Anyhow-despite this game being played at TX Stadium, EVERY national media pundit, media outlet, and publication ALL THE WAY DOWN to our DFW media is picking a Pats blowout.

In your opinion, what do we have to do to beat the Pats? And do you think Romo/TO/MB3 and the rest of the Dallas O has what it takes to beat the Pats? And do you think the Dallas D is good enough to contain Brady/Moss and the rest of the Pats O?

Thanks in advance for your input!
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
alittlejazzbird
Team Captain

Member Number: 1403
Default Re: Dallas fan with a question here...

Hey, TNewman, welcome to the board! I'll respectfully disagree with your notion that the Pats are overrated -- I really think they're as good as advertised -- but we hope to kick the crap out of them too, so thanks for the encouragement.

I'm going to try to root for the Cowboys this week, but you have to understand that many Steeler fans, including me, are sworn Cowboys haters (no offense to you, of course) and it's tough to cheer for you guys.

Remember when the Steelers played the Colts in the playoffs in 05, and every single media outlet predicted total obliteration of the Steelers? On any given Sunday, anything can happen.

I think you're going to have a high scoring game on Sunday. It goes without saying that Romo has to be mistake-free, because the Pats will turn your mistakes into points. If he starts throwing INTs, you guys are toast. Dallas probably has to decide whether to try to contain the pass or the run, and you do have a really good cornerback who just might be able to rein Moss in a little. Getting pressure on Brady really irritates him, and sometimes he can be pushed into mistakes.

In my opinion, to beat them you're going to need a perfect day by your quarterback (oh, and no drops by T.O. - he's gotta hang on to that ball!), an All-Pro day by your corner, and to get the D into Brady's face as much as possible. Dallas can be a very high-scoring offense, so I look for the game to be close through at least three quarters unless Romo is throwing picks.

As much as it pains me to say this to a Cowboys fan: good luck!
alittlejazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

I think the Cowboys have a decent shot. I would feel better about their chances if they would have lost Monday to the Bills as now some players might feel invincible… But the Patriots are not as good as advertised and have played a cake schedule up until now. I am hoping and thinking that the Cowboys will win. Any team can win on any week against anyone which is why the Patriots will not go 16 – 0 this year. They will have at least one loss against the Steelers in week 13 or 14 I think… Anyway, you have a good chance. Like I said I would have liked to see the Cowboys lose Monday at the Bills for motivation but they seem to be handling this well and I like them in this game.

BTW : Terrence Newman is awesome.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I think the Cowboys can beat them.

If Romo plays like he did in weeks 1 an 2 isntead of the way he played last Monday night, their chances are really good. If they have a good chance of hitting T.O. downfield on a play or two, they must take it. But no throwing into double/triple coverage.

T.O. has to stop dropping the ball. He has to get back to obliterating DB's after he catches the ball.

I think Newman can reign Moss in a bit. Moss is still gonna have a good day (at least 1 TD catch and probally at least 80 yards), but if you keep him from catching 3 TD's and racking up 100+ yards you'll have a chance.

The defense has to TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE. The Pats-Cleveland game was a blowout because of the Clowns didn't wrap up. They were going for a lot of highlight hits instead of a solid tackle.

Roy Williams sucks in coverage, but he's a heavy hitter. He needs to put some fear into the Patriot recievers not named Moss by blasting them into next year when the cross over the middle. When they are thinking about getting hit more that about making the catch, then they will be ineffective and Brady will have nobodyn to go to but Moss.

The Cowboys have to play a more aggresive blitz scheme. Your coach has to get the defense's front seven playing a scheme more like last year's Chargers. When Brady is getting pressured, that's when he makes mistakes. He'll throw more passes incomplete, throw up a few more jump balls, and be more skiddish and less protective of the football. He's a pretty boy, he doesn't like contact. You don't even have to sack him, just knock him down some and he'll be a bit off.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The Browns showed every team in the NFL how to do it: Run the football and play good defense. Anderson had like 189 INT's in that game or the score would have been MUCH closer, and that game was played in NE.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

The game will be won or lost on the fundamentals. If the Cowboys run their plays the way they are supposed to, and if their defense plays solidly, they will win.

I don't think there is EVER any secret to winning in this league; it ALWAYS comes down to execution. The reason the Pats are so good (they are) is because they execute their scheme and their plays so well. The way to beat them is to match them in that area, and then try to take advantage where you have better personnel matchups; I think that means TO.

That's all they ever do to other teams, execute their plan where they match you evenly, or where you are better and might not execute as well, and then they beat you where their players are better because those guys won't make mistakes. Just beat them at their own game.

It IS tough to root for the Cowboys, but I'll do it! I'm glad that this game is during a bye week for us; it will give me a reason to be glued to the set (and avoid yard work).

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:25 PM   #7
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

I think the Cowboys can win if Romo plays well and if the Dallas defense shows up and plays.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The Browns showed every team in the NFL how to do it: Run the football and play good defense. Anderson had like 189 INT's in that game or the score would have been MUCH closer, and that game was played in NE.
I agree, if Barber and Jones can combine for 150+ yards and a couple of TDs then I think Dallas will win. But Dallas must get pressure on Brady to make him frustrated so he will throw a couple of INTs.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,531 Times in 1,534 Posts

the key is DEMARCUS WARE !!! dude needs to spend all day in the backfield knocking brady on his ass every chance he gets.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

I just think that the Cowboys will have to play
a Perfect game for them to beat the Patriots. Do I think they
can do that?.....Sure I do
But I dont think they will.......
Marion Barber must be a big play guy in this game and keep the ball away from that potent offense of the Pats. The Cowboys have a great offesnse as well, but I honestly dont think that their defense is gonna
hold the Patriots in check
Good Luck to your
Cowboys...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote