Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #31
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085
Default Re: Kentucky Wins!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh Gator View Post
3) As for your "comfort zone" comment, we just got done beating OSU in the dead of winter (January 8th).

lol....in Arizona, tough winters out there.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #32
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines0wnz View Post
lol....in Arizona, tough winters out there.
It's especially brutal in the Dome. Temperatures have been known to drop into the mid-70's.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #33
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

In order to judge a team you have to look and see how many bowl teams they play.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #34
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Exactly. And to do that, you must wait until the end of the season. Florida played 8 last year, and, since OSU counts as one for Florida, then OSU played 8 as well, counting the Gators of course.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:23 AM   #35
Blitzburgh Gator
Water Boy

Member Number: 7452

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
For the 400th time, how again exactly is it the Buckeyes fault that Washington sucks this year? And how does that make up for the long list of perennial top 20 teams they have scheduled in home/away games from 2004-2020? And YSU is the FIRST D1-AA school they ever played, and that was solely Tress throwing his old team a bone. As for other non-conference games, they keep the money in state.

The old SEC argument is weak. The conference is good, but they have an overinflated sense of self-worth. If it's so suicidal to play any decent top 20 ooc opponents, then why does Tennessee schedule good ooc opponents almost every year? The fact remains, the fans want to see top 20 teams play each other ooc, and some schools like USC and OSU give it to them and most don't.

More to the point, what I'm hearing is that OSU schedules soft, ostensibly (and I can't see any other reason anyone would accuse then of this otherwise) so they have the easiest path possible to the NC game. Well, that makes absolutely zero sense. If they wanted an easy ride, why schedule away games with Oklahoma and USC and VT, etc, etc. So stick a fork in that argument.

I'm also saying, yes, Florida avoids playing OSU because A) They never travel out of state for non-conference games, and if they ever do, they never leave the SE (this is a plain fact) and B) They are afraid of scheduling a game they very well might lose and that could affect their NC chances. You are saying, no, no, no, I have it all wrong because Florida doesn't want to play OSU.......................because they are afraid of scheduling a game that could affect their NC chances. And, by the way, when OSU tries to schedule games with Florida, they too are scheduling games that could effect their own NC chances. One team takes the risk, and the other doesn't.

You want to talk about "overinflated sense of self worth"?.......why dont you take a look at how you think teams that dont play OSU are scared of them. You are so ridiculous that its hard to even discuss issues with someone that destorts the facts so much.

Here are the facts. UF has only one spot on the schedule to do a home and home with anyone because of:
a) The game against UGA in Jacksonville every year
b) The home and home with FSU every year
c) 4 SEC road games every year
d) the need for 7 home games every year

Considering that we have to have 7 home games every year for our athletic budget and local businesses, plus the Jax game, plus being locked into playing FSU, and the 4 SEC road games......that only leaves the one extra game for a home/home.. The years that the UGA game is considered one fo the 4 SEC road games, we are locked into going to FSU so that doesnt open a spot up.

With the one spot we do have, we have scheduled Miami, and have signed to play USF in the coming years. If you honestly have a problem with us using the extra game to play in state rivals, then it is exactly that.....your problem.

UF is going to do what is best for our program, and being "scared" of anything has no part in any decision that is made. You are so full of yourself its ridiculous. Every year we play a tougher schedule than you.....and then you try to act like we scared of playing competition. Its just silly.
We always have a tough schedule, usually as tough as any in the nation......and we dont need to make any apologies for our schedule. If a few OSU fans want to whine about it then that is just inconsequential. The rest of the nation sees the truth, its not like those ranking are done by SEC fans.
Your peers have spoken, and you just dont like what they have to say...

You have somewhat amused me with the idea that we would be scared of playing you guys though. The fact is that OSU only has 3 ranked teams on their schedule, the highest ranked being #19 Michigan. By the end of Saturday night, UF will have played FIVE teams ranked higher than that. By the end of the year, South Carolina will be the 6th, and hopefully LSU again in the SEC championship the 7th.
That is SIX, possibly SEVEN teams ranked higher than ANYONE you play!!

And lets do continue to overlook the fact that the Big 10 refuses to schedule a conference championship game, whereas the SEC champ will have had a 13th game against a top team. And lets not mention how your conference tries to give its teams an easier road to the BCS. But that discussion actually has merit, so by all means lets not go there...

The pot calling the kettle black.....

But since you seem intent, go ahead and spout off all the claims of us being scared you want. I am not going to continue argueing about this with someone who just has an agenda and doesnt even try to look at the whole story..

Every year we have one of the toughest schedules in the nation. Looking at this year's schedule, OSU obviously cannot say the same. Yet somehow you want to say that is our fault for not coming up there. Fix your own problems..
Our schedule is fine, you guys are the ones that have a plate full of cupcakes lined up. But noooo, that couldnt be OSU's fault......it must be those damn SEC teams.... LMAO

Anyways, come back with your claims and of cowardice and be done with it. It doesnt change the facts, and I'm not wasting any more time on this ridiculous discussion than I already have.

Anyone objective can see you have an incredably weak schedule....and trying to deflect that by saying other teams are scared isnt going to change anyones opinion outside of a few Big 10 homers.
You are welcome to knock yourself out trying though...

Last edited by Blitzburgh Gator; 10-26-2007 at 05:50 AM.
Blitzburgh Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #36
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Sure signs that I've hit a nerve! First off, let's start with the falacy of the need for 7 home games. If you play a top 20 foe on the road, you get paid very well. Add in the fact that the game in Jacksonville is spilt revenues, and that argument is out the window. Nice try, though.

Playing in state rivals is fine. That is what OSU does. But it ignores the basic fact that Florida refuses to leave the Southeast. Ever. And it is an undenaible fact.

As for the SEC, no, the rest of the nation does not drink the Kool Aid. See Undeafeated Auburn 04 "snubbed". I'll tell you EXACTLY why they were snubbed. Their ooc schedule was:
The Citadel
Louisiana Monroe
LA Tech
The Tigers were rightly penalized for scheduling weak and scheduling regionally. If they would have scheduled even one ooc perrennial contender, they have played in that NC game. Then again, had they played a team of OSU caliber, they may have lost, and that goes to the heart of my argument.

I find it laughable that you continue to parade THIS years schedule out as proof of anything, as if it's OSU's responsibity to ensure that the Big Ten is strong conference every year. And how do you know how straong the SEC is this year, anyway? It's possible, maybe even likely that the best teams in the conference all have two losses. Furthermore, when OSU played them, Purdue and Washington were ranked, PSU is ranked, Wisky will most likely be ranked, Illiniois could be ranked and Michigan could be back in the top 10. You are prognosticating, so what's good for the goose and all that.

Explain to me exactly why a conference with 11 teams would could or even should have a conference championship game? You do know that the only reason the SEC does it is as a cash grab, right? Maybe you don't, maybe you don't. And what's this garbage about the Big Ten paving an easy path to the BCS? How? Where? When? By not having a conference championship game? Again, name another 10-11 team conference that does.

I'm certainly not blaiming the SEC for anything, but I am pointing out some obvious facts, first and foremost the hatred that the SEC has for all the other conferences, stemming from both arrogance and ignorance. Your post filled with misrepresentations, empty extrapolations and blind homerism seems to affirm that.

Finally, the bottom line is that OSU asked, and UF answered. The answer was no. Deflection attempts aside, the reasons for such an answer are obvious. And you never did address how a team that supposedly lines its schedule with "cupcakes" would not only accept but ASK for home/away games with cupcakes like Florida, USC, VT, CAL, OK, Nebraska, Miami (FL)?

Quite simply, you can't, not without with contradicting yourself. But I understand if you back out of this.