Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #11
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: TJ Whosyermomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFist View Post
This is exactly why I can't stand the guy. He is not well liked by fans of other teams either.
Neither is Hines Ward.

I'm going to stand up for this guy. Of course he has to think that his team is the best.

Houshmanzadeh's style of play is very similar to Ward's; he runs precise patterns, he blocks, he takes the hits and gets up and plays the next play.

His Iranian father abandoned the family. The guy was a high school dropout who turned his life around, got his GED and went to junior college. He used his juco success to go to Oregon State. He then made the best of his talent, worked hard, and is a star in that offense. To this point, his name hasn't been brought up in connection with any of the Bengals' scandals; he doesn't seem to run with that crowd.

I'll overlook the fact that he looks like Richard Reid and that he plays for the Bengals and see a guy who has made himself a success. If he happened to get frustrated with a reporter and cussed him out, well, who wouldn't cuss out, say, Smizik? Every time I've heard Houshmanzadeh on ESPN Radio interviews he's been respectful and insightful.

I'd have him on my team in a minute. He might say that his team is the best, but you don't hear the "me" word. I'll go so far as to say that for him, playing for the Bengals is a curse; on any other team, he'd be a star. On the Steelers he'd be reborn.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #12
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Neither is Hines Ward.
Wrong. Hines Ward is widely respected through out the league. A lot of fans from other teams like him
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #13
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Mosca, I see where you are comign from. I am sure the Steelers feel that they are a better team than the Arizona Cardinals.

However, you don't hear any Pittsburgh Steelers players saying that stuff?

It's a slap in the face of disrespect to the team that beat you. TJ Douchemanzadeh may not be the criminal that Chris Henry is, he may not be the assclown that Crotcho Stinko is, but he is an ass and a perfect fir for the Bengals.

Oh, and Hines Ward is repsected among the league by players, coaches, and fans.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Neither is Hines Ward.

I'm going to stand up for this guy. Of course he has to think that his team is the best.

Houshmanzadeh's style of play is very similar to Ward's; he runs precise patterns, he blocks, he takes the hits and gets up and plays the next play.

Tom
his tired anti-steeler act is an exercize in self loathing, if you ask me. he must either convince himself he plays for the best team or admit he made the worst career and business decision when he turned down more money and the opportunity to replace plaxico burress in favor of the bengals.

it had to burn him pretty bad to see c. wilson catch that trick play bomb at PBS on his way to a SB win.

i do credit him for playing out the grossly underpaid contract he took 3 years ago without hardly any bitching.

while players like him and carson may be good guys and good teammates, they are just as guilty for being a sideshow in chads self serve circus. when they act as props to his antics (pulling off jersey name plates, cloaking him in an enshirnment jacket, etc) its hard to respect what they may be on a different team.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #15
SteelFist
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 84

Quote:
Neither is Hines Ward.

His Iranian father abandoned the family. The guy was a high school dropout who turned his life around, got his GED and went to junior college. He used his juco success to go to Oregon State. He then made the best of his talent, worked hard, and is a star in that offense. To this point, his name hasn't been brought up in connection with any of the Bengals' scandals; he doesn't seem to run with that crowd.

I'll overlook the fact that he looks like Richard Reid and that he plays for the Bengals and see a guy who has made himself a success. If he happened to get frustrated with a reporter and cussed him out, well, who wouldn't cuss out, say, Smizik? Every time I've heard Houshmanzadeh on ESPN Radio interviews he's been respectful and insightful.

I'd have him on my team in a minute. He might say that his team is the best, but you don't hear the "me" word. I'll go so far as to say that for him, playing for the Bengals is a curse; on any other team, he'd be a star. On the Steelers he'd be reborn.

Tom
Its one thing to think it......Its another thing to address it in poor taste to the media. Totally classless. And he has said these type of things time and time again.

Even T.O. has shown more class than that. You say you're going to stand up for the guy?? Shining his shoes with the Terrible Towel?? C'mon man. It is clear he does such things in a disrespectful way. Chad Johnson, on the other hand, is not disrespectful.

As for overcoming the adversities in his personal life, thats good for him. I'm happy to see he made the best of his opportunities. The problem with many of these "new age" athletes is that they are not taught how to handle success. They think they need to behave a certain way that is usually unacceptable by most. He needs to learn how to be humble before he gets humiliated.

"That guy across from me, he has to do one or two things, either raise his level of play or get his a-- kicked all day" - Greg Lloyd
SteelFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM   #16
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Thanks. I understand, and I'm not asking anyone else to agree with me. But I have to say it.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote