Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #41
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: Not Ruled Out!!!!

Wow! Awesome news!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #42
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: Not Ruled Out!!!!

merging this one in the ben injury thread...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts
Default Re: Ben Injury thread...First one to find out his status, post it up here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well it's only a hyperextended knee so i'm sure he'll play sunday the game, cause if he can't go we'll lose, batch sucks and maddox is hurt and we got to throw every now and then to win the game. so ben better play
dont underestimate batch. weve never really seen him play with the starters and when he has he does reasonably well. he sacrificed alot of his career to wear the black and gold. his dedication to what he loves should be commended. like i said in a previous post he is in his 8th year when most veterans hit their prime. look how long it took maddox to finally crack a starting line-up. regardless 1-3 the steelers definitely have the best corp of qb's to go along with the best rb's and lb's. some young studs on the o-line and secondary too. steelers are stacked
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #44
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: Ben Injury thread...First one to find out his status, post it up here!

Whew... What a relief. Thank goodness Ben is going to be OK. I was so worried. It didn't look good. I really thought it was going to be a more threatening injury. Ben is hard as steel!

Get well soon, Ben! We need ya, baby!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #45
BigCat
Water Boy

Member Number: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
He fell and then lunged helmet 1st into Bens knee thats what im smoking. He could have used his arm or forearm to hit him. Also by rule you cant hit a QB below the knees.
And why can't we hit a QB in the legs.? I've seen plenty of quarterbacks get hit in the legs already this season. I think you have your rules mixed up. At no point can a QB be hit in the helmet.
A player can not intentionally dive at a quarterbacks kness if he's standing still and has a clear shot at the QB. Ben was not standing still and Castillo did not have a clear shot. Castillo lunged towards Ben. Ben just happened to step into where Castillo had landed. No harm, no foul. You won the game and Ben will be okay.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #46
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat
And why can't we hit a QB in the legs.? I've seen plenty of quarterbacks get hit in the legs already this season. I think you have your rules mixed up. At no point can a QB be hit in the helmet.
A player can not intentionally dive at a quarterbacks kness if he's standing still and has a clear shot at the QB. Ben was not standing still and Castillo did not have a clear shot. Castillo lunged towards Ben. Ben just happened to step into where Castillo had landed. No harm, no foul. You won the game and Ben will be okay.

You must of not been watching the same game as me. Castillo did in fact lunge at Ben's knee's. Was it intentional? yes Did he mean to hurt Ben? That I do not know. But it's football and things happen whether it's intentional or unintentional.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #47
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat

I also remember been standing still. It would be interesting to learn how he hyperextended his knew if he were not standing still because you're much more prone to that injury when a foot is firmly planted on the ground an momentum goes through your knee. Seemed like a cheap shot to me.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #48
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Yeah, this is the gist of the post I erased at the beginning of page 4. I have a DVR and I watched it a few times...he was previously being block, but the block was over and was directing him downward, not towards Ben's knee's. He accelerated into Ben's knee's, and the only debate can be over whether he was trying to spear Ben's knee's with his helmet to injure him or just using what he had (his helmet) in order to make a play.

If he played for the Colts, I'd have no doubts at all...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #49
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Suit, can you see how Ben was standing when he was hit? I am not blessed with Tivo
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #50
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Erased it, but his leg was straight and the play was already over. It wasn't a late hit, but he got him at just the wrong position.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote